Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Friend Kevin

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I use the Jon Moss Scale for referees - was he better than Jon Moss? If yes then he was as good as we are going to get given the dreadful standard of refereeing overall. Friend was better than Moss.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually thought he did ok, and did us a favour in the first half when the absolute shyster would have sent dunk off for scything down moura when he was through on goal

Still one of the best refs around. 8/10

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
What was all that about at the end of the 2nd half?
On radio, sounded like Maty had hoofed the ball up to March (after collecting from a corner), and ref blew for a foul?

Commentators were very confused and even pissed off after he blew as Friend couldn't stop smiling (in embarrassment) when walking off the pitch, as he knew he'd f*cked up.

I got the feeling that Friend was 100% certain that Spurs we’re not going to lose that match last night and he’d do what he needed to make sure that didn’t happen.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
He stopped the game at the end of the 2nd half because Kayal stayed down and was holding his head.

Not Kayal's fault as I'm sure he would have been up and about had he known Solly was going to be clear. Not Friend's fault either though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I do not understand why he did not pay an advantage in the final minute but other than that he was ok. Once or twice he exercised my patience but overall a reasonable performance from the ref.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I do not understand why he did not pay an advantage in the final minute but other than that he was ok. Once or twice he exercised my patience but overall a reasonable performance from the ref.

Renowned to be a ‘Friend’
Of the top 6 clubs, think some of his decisions last night confirmed that, very confusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
End of the second half he got totally wrong, basically the last minute of injury time never got played

That's interesting. Thought so at the time but didn't have the benefit of the TV clock. I think that proves he knew he'd dropped a major rick by stopping Solly's run and knew all hell would let loose if Spurs then scored a winner, so he stopped the game pretty much as soon as he could.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I use the Jon Moss Scale for referees - was he better than Jon Moss? If yes then he was as good as we are going to get given the dreadful standard of refereeing overall. Friend was better than Moss.
Moss was a fookin disgrace.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here