Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Friend Kevin

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Overall reffed well i thought...stoppage time in first half seemed to drag on and a tad pedantic at free kicks....but not badish...what do you think?

L3000149.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I think in the last minute he could've played on and we could have won?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
What was all that about at the end of the 2nd half?
On radio, sounded like Maty had hoofed the ball up to March (after collecting from a corner), and ref blew for a foul?

Commentators were very confused and even pissed off after he blew as Friend couldn't stop smiling (in embarrassment) when walking off the pitch, as he knew he'd f*cked up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
5/10. The last minute non playing of the advantage was bizarre.

The decision not to give Knockaert a free- kick was ridiculous too.

Too pernickety I thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Played over 2 mins extra 1st half.

Then last knockings he ****ing cheated the wanker

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
What was all that about at the end of the 2nd half?
On radio, sounded like Maty had hoofed the ball up to March (after collecting from a corner), and ref blew for a foul?

That was about it if March controlled the ball ok he could have been in on goal with just the keeper to beat but the idiot blew for a foul on our player in our box. This was after letting Spurs play on in the first half until they scored, fortunately Ryan pulled off a stunner.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Big miss at the very end. Would love to know how many minutes those 2 were at the end of the first half as it felt more like 10.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Clear free kick for us in a dangerous area in the second minute; waved away. Friend of Tottenham didn't spot a fore-arm smash. A few minutes later, first slightly mis-timed tackle, yellow for Dunk. Also gave Spurs a corner kick after four minutes which was clearly a goal kick. Did his best for them, I guess.
We still got a draw - needs to take a few lessons from The Complete And Utter Shyster perhaps?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m still WTF with the advantage when Ryan played in March at the end, I know Kayal was down but still, I’m non plussed how play couldn’t continue.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
To be fair to him, Knockys facial injury in the first half stopped the game for a couple of minutes, so, two added on was about right.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’m still WTF with the advantage when Ryan played in March at the end, I know Kayal was down but still, I’m non plussed how play couldn’t continue.

He got that wrong, although some might claim Kayal was feigning a head injury. Equally, I can't understand why he played four minutes added time in the first half, when two went up on the board (which was generous). Fortunately, Ryan came to the rescue in those additional two minutes.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
When he blew in the 90th I honestly thought he’d given a pen. Regardless of solly being through on goal I fell in love with him when I realised what he’d done.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
He got that wrong, although some might claim Kayal was feigning a head injury. Equally, I can't understand why he played four minutes added time in the first half, when two went up on the board (which was generous). Fortunately, Ryan came to the rescue in those additional two minutes.

After the board went up they were awarded a free kick Moura went down injured back up the pitch and had the trainer on, so the ref added more time to the two minutes. He seemed to add too much though, doing the usual thing that refs do by not blowing up when a team is attacking., He totally messed up the advantage at the end, but I can't blame him too much as I was stupidly cursing Maty Ryan for not just hanging on to the ball and waiting for the whistle. Sorry Mat it was a brilliant bit of attacking play and Friend's mistake either robbed us of two more points, or saved Solly the embarrassment of joining Jose & Davy on our list of failed one on ones.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here