Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Friend Kevin

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
After the board went up they were awarded a free kick Moura went down injured back up the pitch and had the trainer on, so the ref added more time to the two minutes. He seemed to add too much though, doing the usual thing that refs do by not blowing up when a team is attacking., He totally messed up the advantage at the end, but I can't blame him too much as I was stupidly cursing Maty Ryan for not just hanging on to the ball and waiting for the whistle. Sorry Mat it was a brilliant bit of attacking play and Friend's mistake either robbed us of two more points, or saved Solly the embarrassment of joining Jose & Davy on our list of failed one on ones.

Gosh your glass is not half full or half empty it seems to have nothing in it at all.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
He played 4 minutes injury time first half - at least 1 more than necessary and we relied on a a brilliant save from Ryan to stop the goal.
Then he effectively stopped the game a minute early when March had a one on one for the win.
So a terrible performance

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The main thing was he gave us the penalty, and quickly too.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
That was about it if March controlled the ball ok he could have been in on goal with just the keeper to beat but the idiot blew for a foul on our player in our box. This was after letting Spurs play on in the first half until they scored, fortunately Ryan pulled off a stunner.

In fairness, he whistled over concern for a head injury to Kayal.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I swear, looking at the pitch markings eg 18yard line, penalty spot etc that he had us about 12 yards back for both those free kicks. Seemed hell bent on trying to give Spurs the best advantage etc yet not that bothered about us. A definite big 6 ref...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I don't think March was ever going to get to that ball at the end from where I was tbh.

Maybe not from where you were but he was the ****ing pitch running on to it. A clear one on one would have occurred. A very poor decision which I'm surprised the players didn't go more ballistic about.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Apart from the penalty, I thought me may as well have a ****ing spurs shirt on. Every time a spurs player went to ground he blew. The Solly chance at the end was real, he had a clear run and the **** blew for no reason. He cost us 2 points. ****. Absolute ******* **** stain.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The timing in the first half was spot on as 2 mins added time was signalled when the Spurs player went down and he didnt start the 2 mins until he was back up and playing. I thought that him pulling it back for free kick to us was wrong as he should have allowed the advantage irrespective whether or not we could have scored. Overall he wasnt the worst that we have had.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He got that wrong, although some might claim Kayal was feigning a head injury. Equally, I can't understand why he played four minutes added time in the first half, when two went up on the board (which was generous). Fortunately, Ryan came to the rescue in those additional two minutes.

I’m pretty sure because there was a long stoppage IN stoppage time while the Spurs player - Moura I think - had treatment.

Overall he was ok, I thought apart from the baffling one right at the end when it was March v Lloris and nobody else in the half. Wasn’t exactly difficult to spot that Ryan was launching a counter-attack. Great chance for a winner.

He’ll say it was because Kayal had a head injury. But didn’t bother stopping the game when he had one earlier - we had to wait for Spurs to put the ball out.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I don't think March was ever going to get to that ball at the end from where I was tbh.

Don’t see how he couldn’t. Only player in the half apart from Lloris, who’d given up the chase and was frantically legging back to his goal.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
In fairness, he whistled over concern for a head injury to Kayal.

But he had waited for Eriksen to put the ball out when AK was down with a head injury and when Kayal took one to the nether regions. Felt like an excuse to me - pretty sure would have been play on had it been Dembele racing on to a Lloris punt...

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
How the hell did we not get a free kick for the assault on Knocky early on? May have been unintentional, but still a very clear foul which would have been a FK in a great area.
That set the tone to a performance which highly favoured his home town club.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The timing in the first half was spot on as 2 mins added time was signalled when the Spurs player went down and he didnt start the 2 mins until he was back up and playing. I thought that him pulling it back for free kick to us was wrong as he should have allowed the advantage irrespective whether or not we could have scored. Overall he wasnt the worst that we have had.

Not quite perfect. I was watching on TV so had the benefit of exact timings from the on screen clock. Moura's injury took just over a minute, then there was a bunch of the usual fannying about pre free kick. About a minute and a half should have been added, Friend added a full two. So Son's chance never should have been. End of the second half he got totally wrong, basically the last minute of injury time never got played, and he should allowed the advantage for Solly

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I swear, looking at the pitch markings eg 18yard line, penalty spot etc that he had us about 12 yards back for both those free kicks. Seemed hell bent on trying to give Spurs the best advantage etc yet not that bothered about us. A definite big 6 ref...

For me it looked like actually 10 yards where most referees give less. There are three pitch stripes by the edge of the penalty area so six yards per stripe, both walls where around 1 and 2/3s of a stripe. I am a bit sad and always work this out if I watch on TV.

Agreed on the bias though. No chance of Kane or Erikson going down clutching their face and the ref ignoring it.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Poor. The two obvious errors at the end of each half were bad enough, but like so many Premier League refs, he has a (subconscious) bias towards the big teams. Star-struck middle aged bloke syndrome. Any marginal decision is only going one way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here