Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Surely that's the safety point

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yes so 1 of Stoke or Saints and all of Hudds, West Ham, Palace and Swansea have to overtake us as well for us to go from 13th to 18th in 4 games.

Ps: we were 7 points clear of the bottom 3 when we beat Arsenal. 5 games and only 2 points later we are now 8 points clear.

Yes, but Hudds, West Ham, Palace and Swansea only need one win more than us. Or just a draw or two in some cases.

In 2007/08 Reading were 6 points ahead of Bolton and 8 ahead of Fulham with five to go. Reading picked up 4 points in their final 5 games and got relegated on goal difference. https://www.premierleague.com/tables?co=1&se=16&ha=-1

We're doomed I tell ya.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
6f5df723ee8f6b31f79a408a2b8f598e.jpg

Over last 5 games - then things have barely changed. No reason why a big turnaround in next 4 can’t happen even for 1 or 2 clubs but all 7 below us ??

0ced41964b2bcf220fbe95690222ceda.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rare poster and more of a lurker.....

.....but surprised not to see (and sorry if I've missed it) more of a consensus that tonight's point is enough.

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately many of us online after the game got distracted by a couple of deaf people who thought it worthwhile to bang on about how poor our atmosphere is compared with the likes of mighty crystal palace and others :shrug::shootself

Yes, I agree. I think I personally was so surprised by the performance and point that the realisation we are almost certainly there was so abrupt and unexpected it was like sitting on the top deck of the 11 bus and having someone flash their knockers from a bedroom window as you pass by.

Yes, it really did happen. :O

SAC

May 21, 2014
I think 34 points will probably have been enough but it just makes for an uncomfortable few weeks. In the last 5 matches, the bottom 8 clubs have only won a total of 6 games yet people expect multiple teams to win 2/3 out of 4/5.

Possible but very unlikely.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I think 34 points will probably have been enough but it just makes for an uncomfortable few weeks. In the last 5 matches, the bottom 8 clubs have only won a total of 6 games yet people expect multiple teams to win 2/3 out of 4/5.

Possible but very unlikely.

And in some cases not even possible because teams are playing each other.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I’m not sure if the scenario is possible, but Stoke and Swansea playing out a 0-0 in the last game of the season to send Southampton down would be delicious.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I’m not sure if the scenario is possible, but Stoke and Swansea playing out a 0-0 in the last game of the season to send Southampton down would be delicious.
That would involve a 3rd team - Palace ?, West Ham ?, Huddersfield ?, us ? ??? - having to go down as well if both Stoke and Swansea are safe.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
That is true but that would mean stoke and Southampton both do the same.

The gods will really need to crap on us for us to go down now.
It doesn't need both of them to win three of the remaining games to send us down - if either one of them goes on a Leicester/Sunderland type escape run we could still be in trouble.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Could be safe but still not convinced. Leicester v Saints on thur is big. Lose that and then think safe.

Feeling confident today though , next 2 games I genuinely believe we can get something from. Different sort of games but if we fail at Burnley then last game of the season with 30k raising the roof on a Friday night...... fancy that !!

Last 2 away we wont get anything but we will be ok I think.

Can relax until Burnley and let them all fail amongst themselves

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Seriously!!?? We’re going to concede 14 or 15 goals in 4 games, when our average is 1.4 goals conceded per game all season. I mean blimey, let’s at least get real when we worry...

I’m just stating facts. We are not going down. We could ship in 12 goals vs Man U, City & Liverpool

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
6f5df723ee8f6b31f79a408a2b8f598e.jpg

Over last 5 games - then things have barely changed. No reason why a big turnaround in next 4 can’t happen even for 1 or 2 clubs but all 7 below us ??

0ced41964b2bcf220fbe95690222ceda.jpg
Yes, but four of those teams only need one win to overtake us. And Newcastle have won four out of five, so big turnarounds can happen. And even West Brom have made up two points on us.................
Still think we'll be safe, but my nerves won't stop jangling yet.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Fred the Forehead never mentions us anyway, you would think that the city of Brighton & Hove, and for that matter the entire counties that are East and West Sussex, have been erased from the map. Both ITV and BBC early evening news programmes are just as bad.

I try to get on bbc south east if I do want to here us get a mention. Not that bothered to be honest ......let Saints and Pompey rule the south west ......... from the championship, if Pompey can some home get out of league one.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, but four of those teams only need one win to overtake us. And Newcastle have won four out of five, so big turnarounds can happen. And even West Brom have made up two points on us.................
Still think we'll be safe, but my nerves won't stop jangling yet.
Just relax and watch the

Stoke v Burnley
Liverpool v Stoke
Leicester v Southampton
Southampton v Smug Eddie's XI
Everton v Southampton

results fall in our favour.

And we may not even need all those if we get something at Burnley.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just relax and watch the

Stoke v Burnley
Liverpool v Stoke
Leicester v Southampton
Southampton v Smug Eddie's XI
Everton v Southampton

results fall in our favour.

And we may not even need all those if we get something at Burnley.
Yes, know there's plenty of results which can go our way - but they haven't yet! If and when they do...............

The odds on staying up are in our favour, so I'm not moaning or doom-mongering. I just want to see us mathematically safe. Then I'll relax!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Does anyone remember Swansea last year? We are not safe yet, but last night was a huge step

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We WILL pick up more points this season, no idea where but I think we will avoid relegation by a margin. Last night’s point was massive and we will kick on from there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here