Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Surely that's the safety point

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
A lot of our reserve team is already at Burnley.

Sharp reply:) but they have ALL gone on to better themselves under Dyche (Barnes, Ward, Wood and Vokes). I remember this forum being quite upset when Ward chose the Clarets over the Seagulls...one of our top 3/4 players again this season. He'll be hard to replace.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It’s not totally outlandish Saints could win 3/5 if they play beach teams so now we are not safe. We’ll half know on Thursday as if they don’t win that one 3/4 starts to look mountainous

So we will not be playing beach teams then. City have won league, can’t see Liverpool having much to play for last game of the season. I think we are good for at least 2 more points. I can see a point at Burnley and at Liverpool. As for Man U that could also be a point , we have played well against them this season

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Our GD could be -30 by the end of the season. If Stoke win theirs will improve.

Seriously!!?? We’re going to concede 14 or 15 goals in 4 games, when our average is 1.4 goals conceded per game all season. I mean blimey, let’s at least get real when we worry...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Sharp reply:) but they have ALL gone on to better themselves under Dyche (Barnes, Ward, Wood and Vokes). I remember this forum being quite upset when Ward chose the Clarets over the Seagulls...one of our top 3/4 players again this season. He'll be hard to replace.

Ward, Wood and Vokes were all loans to us so didn’t have a lot of say in where they went. Barnes, like Murray before him should have been offered a bumper contract, and in all honesty came at a time when we made some poor decisions on recruitment. His performances are actually a sharp reminder to many that they really don’t know what they’re talking about in the judgement of a footballer.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We're not safe yet. Can't see Stoke catching us with their terrible GD. They need to win three out of four. Not going to happen. But if we lose our remaining fixtures, Stains just need to win two and draw two of their last five. Certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We're not safe yet. Can't see Stoke catching us with their terrible GD. They need to win three out of four. Not going to happen. But if we lose our remaining fixtures, Stains just need to win two and draw two of their last five. Certainly not beyond the realms of possibility.

And Swansea, Huddersfield, and Palace all need to pick up points from somewhere too.

Seen Hudds run in ?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Even where we're mathematically certain, there will still be some fretters until the last whistle has been blown. We may get deducted points over the summer for wearing the wrong socks.

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
To win 3 from 4 or 3 from 5 is top 6 form. Saints and Stoke are bottom 3 for a reason! Why all of a sudden do people think these teams will suddenly improve considerably?! It could happen, but very doubtful!!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Even where we're mathematically certain, there will still be some fretters until the last whistle has been blown. We may get deducted points over the summer for wearing the wrong socks.

Inevitable now.

Still not safe, although slightly better than I thought after Saturday's mess.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
That point felt massive last night. I think we’re there.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will be cheering Leicester on come Thursday. :lolol:
Saints have won one game in the last 10. Stoke none.
The chances of either winning 3 out of their last 4............?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I will be cheering Leicester on come Thursday. [emoji38]ol:
This is football anything can happen!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016

Indeed.

Southampton have won 5 league games all season.

They haven't won since beating West Brom at the beginning of Feb.

They have lost their last 4 league games.

They have done the double over West Brom, and beaten Palace (under de Boer), West Ham and Everton (both at home).

If they were playing West Brom 5 times then I would give them a chance, but they're not.

They are playing a team managed by a guy they ruthlessly sacked last season. His team talk is done already.

Their local rivals who hate them.

A team who don't tend to lose at home.

A team also fighting for survival, but looking much better equipped to do so.

And the league champions, who may be the first ones to get over 100 points.

We are 8 points clear, so they need to win 3 out of 5 just to get ahead of us. That assumes that we pick up nothing, and that everyone below us picks up wins too.

Keep the champagne on ice until it's mathematically certain, but I just can't see it happening. I think we've got enough.

They've got a much better chance of winning the FA Cup than staying up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

"Just".

Not that easy.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I agree, you'd think it would be beyond them .... But didn't Leicester do something similar to escape relegation? (And then carried it on the following season to win the title).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here