Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Spurs (H)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree with all of it other than CH who I thought was unnoticeable. I was expecting him to be a lot more involved and vocal. One of his worst performances he's had at the Amex. Poor hand signals, weak clapping, poor use of the technical area and a complete lack of goal celebration when we scored summed up his performance. 4- Bad day at the office.

Nope. Full on stomping, double fist-pump and vinegar-strokes face after Gross scored.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Pisspoor pass from Ryan, dodgy work from Bong, crap tackle from Dunk (on a yellow, and on the box, so maybe forgivable), bit of a weak flap from Ryan.........can’t just crucify Bong for that.

Or the fact that about 3 players picked the wrong pass in the lead up to Bong having the ball in an isolated position under pressure. There were A LOT of mistakes in the leas up to the goal. Bong’s was just one.

But Kayal who was superb, and Knockaert who was apparently MOTM also gave away the ball in ludicrous positions in the first half that led to Spurs having good efforts on goal, so to pick Bong up just because his one mistake was punished seems harsh when he was excellent for the rest of the game.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Ryan 8- Stunning save from Son, did well when called upon.

Bruno 7- Looked composed and feel his presence bought the team together
Duffy 8- much improved and was the better of the centre back pairing for a change.
Dunk 7- Mostly did well but passing was off a bit today
Bong 6- Fared well in the most part but ponderous for the goal.

Knockaert 7.5- Really put in a shift for the team today. Final pass was lacking at times but his defensive work was a real positive.
Stephens 7- Some really good tackles and passes, some really bad tackles and passes...
Kayal 7.5- Settled into game well, his best showing since his return.
Izquierdo 7- Did well to prevent Aurier coming forward, still looks a bit frustrated that he is having to do so much defending but ultimately if you don't track back, CH won't play you.

Groß 8- Some lovely skill and superb passing. A real quality player.

Murray 6- Needs a rest.

Ulloa 7- Fantastic hold up play and some nice touched but bloody hell he is slow. I swear he wasn't that slow before...
March 6- Did his job, good work at the end to win the corners

Yup.. This for me.. Except Duffy 7, I think Dunk and him had equally good games..
I was watching in German, the commentary team gave Stephens man of the match. I thought Groß was a class above in the first half in particular.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Ryan 10. We would have lost if he hadn't made that save at the end of the first half. Commanding. MoM
Bruno 9. He makes AK and Duffy better players - keeps the shirt
Duffy 8. More confident performance due to Bruno
Dunk 7. Solid but passing a bit wayward
Bong 7. Involved in the shambles for their goal, but solid overall
Knockaert 8. At last a performance to remember!!! worked hard and made better by Bruno - lovely interchanges between those two. If AK plays Bruno has to as well
Stephens - 8. Some of the usual misplaced passes but a hard biting performance. Unsetltled Spurs
Kayal 10. Incredible performance - aggressive, uncompromising, full of energy. loved the bit towards end of 2 half when he and AK ran from the centre at full pace to hunt down a Spurs player down the east side. Keeps the shirt
Jose 7. Flashes of what he can do, but faded in and out. But an important contribution
Gross 9. Cool, calculated and tireless
Murray 7. Did well keeping the Spurs defence occupied - sacrificed himself for the team

Ulloa 7. Much better
March 6

Last night was the aggressive, determined and excellent performance we've needed. Is it any coincidence that this happened when we had the spine of the promotion team? More 'together'?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Ryan - 8 - Played well. Superb save.

Bruno - 7 - Pretty solid. Pretty isolated against Son in the first half but a always a cool head and always recovered where necessary
Bong - 6 - Good game overall but very indecisive over the goal
Dunk - 7 - As Bong re. the goal, but still a good performance
Duffy - 7 - Marshalled Kane very well

Kayal - 8 - Excellent. Retained possession well and fought REALLY hard to win it back whenever we gave it up
Stephens - 7.5 - Battling performance as always.
Gross - 7 - Ruthless penalty, a bit quieter than usual but to be expected up against a team playing 2 defensive mids
Knockaert - 8.5 - Absolutely superb. So diligent in his defensive work and a real outlet in the first half.
Izquierdo - 6.5 - Did well whenever he got the ball and tracked and defended well. We still don't seem to want to release him much down the left

Murray - 6 - Held the ball up well, lovely piece of work to set up Izquierdo for the pen

Subs:
Ulloa - 7 - His best appearance for us yet. Looked good
March - 6 - Didn't have much to do when he came on but as with all our wingers, did his defensive duties well

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Ryan 8. Some good saves, but three kicks straight into touch.
Bruno 7. I like Schelotto, but it was good to see Bruno back and he had a good game apart from being caught upfield on one occasion.
Duffy 7. Much better than his last home performance.
Dunk 8. Apart from an attempt to do a "duffy" he had a good game.
Bong 6. Takes a share of the blame for their goal, otherwise an OK performance.
Stephens 7. A couple of very poor passes, otherwise played well.
Kayal 8. A good game, but I didn't see the MOM performance that others witnessed.
Knockaert 7. Frustrating at times as always, but otherwise gave 100%.
Izquierdo 6. Didn't really get into the game. Some flashes of brilliance, but needed to be more involved.
Gross 8. Well taken penalty and another very good performance. MOM
Murray 7. Won almost everything in the air, but not at his very best.

Subs:
Ulloa 8. Wow! Great hold up play, great ball control and passing, good in the air. His best football since he rejoined us. Maybe should start against Burnley?
March 7. OK

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Kayal should be starting every game imo. He wins ball regularly and presses the oppo, which is something stephens lacks imho.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Kayal should be starting every game imo. He wins ball regularly and presses the oppo, which is something stephens lacks imho.

Kayal had a good game last night I had him as MOM, but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

He had three attempts to make a tackle against Leicester and failed which resulted in their opener. :shrug:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Kayal had a good game last night I had him as MOM, but one swallow doesn't make a summer.

He had three attempts to make a tackle against Leicester and failed which resulted in their opener. :shrug:

no it doesn't, but he is the best ball winning midfielder we have by some way imo and we really lack a midfield that pressures the oppo when the have the ball in that area of the field. imho.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Ryan 9 - MoM
Bruno 8
Bong 7 - would've been an 8 without their goal, although he wasn't the only one at fault
Dunk 7.5
Duffy 7
Stephens 6.5
Kayal 8
Gross 7.5
Knocky 7
Murray 6.5
Jose 7

Ulloa 7
March 7

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Kayal was a monster last night best performance from him in years. If he does the same again against Burnley then Propper has a job getting his place back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree about Ulloa but thought the exact opposite about Murray that he won very little in the air and when he did it went anywhere not a to a particular player but Ulloa by timing his jump better was winning the ball and laying it off. Just different opinions. in Murray defence I think he was up against the 2 best CBs in the world.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Ryan 7.5 - Good save, poor distribution at times
Bruno 8 - Legend.
Duffy 7 - Much better
Dunk 7
Bong 7 - Big improvement from Saturday
Knockaert 8
Kayal 8
Stephens 6.5
Izquierdo 6.5
Gross 8.5 MOTM
Murray 6.5

March 7
Ulloa 7

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I honestly didn't think Murray was that bad, lovely touch to Iz which led to the pen.
I thought he was isolated a lot in the first half and worked hard off the ball to try and put some pressure on Spurs, then I though he was tiring and substituting him was the right decision. At the time I'd have preferred Locadia to come on to hit them on the break with pace, but Ulloa did well.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I thought he was isolated a lot in the first half and worked hard off the ball to try and put some pressure on Spurs, then I though he was tiring and substituting him was the right decision. At the time I'd have preferred Locadia to come on to hit them on the break with pace, but Ulloa did well.

This. Spurs' back line left acres of space for a fast CF to run into, skillfully control the hoof-ball played into his path and go one-on-one with the keeper. If only Chris had one or two of those available on the bench... nope... Let's swap our big and slow target man for our other big and slow target man.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Ryan - 8
Bruno - 7.5
Duffy - 7.5
Dunk - 7.5
Bong - 7
Knockeart - 7.5
Stephens - 7
Kayal - 8.5 (MOtM)
Izquierdo - 6.5