Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ulloa to start next game?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think Ulloa always looks better when he's coming on after Murray has been beating up the centre backs for 70 minutes. Less so when he starts.

appreciate Leo hasn't had that many chances. But Murray is doing a bloody good job. I suspect he is horrible to play against.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Ulloa did alright when he came on. Did a few nice touches too. But was he any faster than Murray? Answers on a postcard.........................

Loved him when he was here before. Is he the striker we need next season - sorry, but I just don't think so.

This, I’m sorry to say.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
After the magnificence of yesterday's performance, the only thing that puzzled me was why we brought on Leo rather than locadia. I thought it was an ideal game for him as he is far quicker and skilful that Leo.

But that is being really picky! I am still in absolute awe of that performance last night and when Leo came on, he did put himself about. Glenn looked tired, but he was really up against a very tight and powerful, and skilful, defence. I think a lot of our success this season has been put down to Murray and his goal scoring when many of us thought he was far too old to cut it in the prem. even palace farmed him out when they had him in the prem.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Do you know something we don't know or don't you know something we don't know

I don’t know what you don’t know, so it’s hard to know whether or not I know something that you don’t know. The likelihood is that I know something you don’t know, but also that you know something that I don’t know.

Swap?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I don’t know what you don’t know, so it’s hard to know whether or not I know something that you don’t know. The likelihood is that I know something you don’t know, but also that you know something that I don’t know.

Swap?

I know nothing...said in a Barcelona accent.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ulloa was excellent when he came on tonight, Glenn was looking tired and has not had the best of games recently.

However, we now have a break and Glenn keeps scoring goals and more importantly is our player...

I expect Glenn to keep his place, would also like to see Locadia given a couple of games down the middle before the season is out.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Personally I thought Murray was running on empty last night (two games in quick succession taking their toll I thought). No one can question his contribution this season, he has been outstanding and has far exceeded expectations. Hughton has saddled Murray with a massive workload and he has been up to the challenge all year long.

We have a ten day break before the next game, a good chance for Glenn to recover and I expect him to start against Burnley. That said should Hughton favour either Leo or Locadia over him for the starting spot I would have no problem with that either.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Personally I thought Murray was running on empty last night (two games in quick succession taking their toll I thought). No one can question his contribution this season, he has been outstanding and has far exceeded expectations. Hughton has saddled Murray with a massive workload and he has been up to the challenge all year long.

We have a ten day break before the next game, a good chance for Glenn to recover and I expect him to start against Burnley. That said should Hughton favour either Leo or Locadia over him for the starting spot I would have no problem with that either.

Good post. At 34, he's done the hard yardage in our 4-5-1, battling against seasoned centre halves on his own. With his vital goals too, he's a key reason why IMO we're staying in the PL.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Glenn did look knackered when he came off last night but has a bit of time to recover.I thought Chris might have started Leo and brought on Glenn for the last 20 minutes,but he is the manager and his selection got us a valuable point last night,so I will leave team selection to him!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Jury's still out for me on Ulloa. Murray still wins 90% of the headers chucked at him. Ulloa about 5%. Other than, I think Ulloa shaves it on ball control, but I wouldn't class Murray out of the running just yet. He still has plenty about him, and had it not been for the slip in the 2nd half, might have grabbed the ball off their centre half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here