Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Return of the King

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
His best game for at least a couple of years, thank goodness, because I genuinely thought he wasn't up to the Premier League based on his previous performances this year.
We need him to play well, we are so desperately light in our midfield options.

However ... Gross was MOM for me.

Another Gross vote here..... with another Cruyff turn as the icing on the cake.

But all round it was pretty good. I could also gave to be for Ryan.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
What game was you lot watching Kayal had a good game,his best this season, but MOM by a country mile was Gross who must have covered every blade of grass tonight.

Good grief.... for once I agree with you.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Gross for me, but Kayal a close second.
Hats off the Chris as well - I was dreading us setting up for the last 5 games to try and eke out 0-0’s but tonight we came to compete and got a deserved reward.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You lot must have the wrong man, 'cos I'm pretty sure it's been declared that he's not good enough for the PL.

Kayal actually has a bit of pace over 5 yards when on the ball unlike Stephens and Propper.

Kayal will be hard to remove from the side when Propper is available.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What game was you lot watching Kayal had a good game,his best this season, but MOM by a country mile was Gross who must have covered every blade of grass tonight.

Gross was decent but for me played a very large part in the goal we conceded, initially losing the ball, and then when we won it back a played Bong into trouble.

And for that It rules out Mom for me.

Kayal was a beast all night long, was also a top performer at Palace.

We know you don't rate Kayal. He would have had to curl a winner in the top corner for you to give him Mom...

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I thought Kayal was superb - he's had such rotten luck this season what with breaking his leg in the Madrid match but has come back just as strong as ever. Had he not broken his leg Pröpper would not have had a look in in the first few games judging by what Hughton normally does with new signings ie breaking them in gradually.
What was also nice to see last night was the "old" Bruno,Knockaert and Kayla playing as well as they did last season - obviously a few games out has sharpened them up. Was an excellent performance all round

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Gross was decent but for me played a very large part in the goal we conceded, initially losing the ball, and then when we won it back a played Bong into trouble.

And for that It rules out Mom for me.

Kayal was a beast all night long, was also a top performer at Palace.

We know you don't rate Kayal. He would have had to curl a winner in the top corner for you to give him Mom...

Not sure how you can give Kayal MoTM in the same post as discounting Gross for his involvement in the Spurs goal when Kayal made that horror pass that got Dunk booked and gave away a free kick in the D....

Kayal was very good 2nd half, but made a couple of big mistakes early on that we could have been easily punished for.

Gross was my MoTM, closely followed by Dunk & Kayal.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Kayal was an absolute beast last night. He was my MOTM amongst a few candidates, but I just thought his all-action display and non-stop tackling and closing down just set the tone for the whole team. It was a captains performance, just without the armband.

The levels of intense concentration you need to maintain when playing a team of Spurs's quality must be absolutely exhausting. They never stop pressing or probing, and have several players who can unlock you in an instant. But against that we kept our shape, kept our composure, and gave Spurs plenty to think about when we came forward. I don't think anyone was less than an 8 out of 10, but Kayal epitomised the performance we needed in order to get something from that game, he was simply immense.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Lots of use of 'beast', I prefer 'ENGINE'.
Loved it, but then I always thought David Batty was mustard.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Kayal was my MoM. Covered every blade of grass, the early backpass howler aside he was superb. Absolutely delighted for him and good to see the old Kayal and Stephens gang back together.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
A relentless source of power. Oil it up, turn it on and it reliably delivers a steady supply of energy.
I'm going to change my pants.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I accept that I may have misheard the announcement of MOM as I mishear many things via our PA but can somebody explain why when announcing it they showed Gross.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not forgetting Hughton, who's a Championship level manager. We very much have a Championship level team, which means a couple of players must be bloody amazing to carry them all.

So many fans are ready to right-off a player after a few below-par performances, with Knocky being a good recent example.

* Write-off

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA I was just PEDANTIC to Trig - yesssssssss one of my proudest NSC moments this :wave:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I accept that I may have misheard the announcement of MOM as I mishear many things via our PA but can somebody explain why when announcing it they showed Gross.

It's soooo Spoofy it's gold this account :lol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Lovely to see a game where both Kayal and Ulloa reminded everyone of their qualities. Both were brilliant at the job they were given.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here