Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knocky needs to deliver tonight.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
AK played well and worked hard but how the match sponsors felt he was better than Ryan, Kayal and Dunk tonight I’ll never know

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
AK played well and worked hard but how the match sponsors felt he was better than Ryan, Kayal and Dunk tonight I’ll never know

Thought Gross was superb too, unbelievable amount of work he got through, and knitted together so much of our play.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Probably Kayak for me. Made some mistakes but really looked up for it. To me he is a better player than Proper. A bit more bite.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Probably Kayak for me. Made some mistakes but really looked up for it. To me he is a better player than Proper. A bit more bite.

More bite, but less quality.
Ideally I'd prefer Kayal when we haven't got the ball in order to win it back, but Propper when we have got the ball in order to use it.
I wonder if they could play together?

The problem with that plan is that Stephens is better than the pair of them, so unless we play 3 in the middle it's always going to be a fight between Kayal and Propper ... and I feel Propper wins.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Back-handed compliment time. Showed tonight why he was such an arse to get sent off at Everton and leave us in the lurch for two very winnable home games. An important squad member who has the rare knack of really being able to make things happen - just chooses some bad decisions sometimes. Premier League quality all day long if he learns from his mistakes. Great to have him back.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Knockeart played really well tonight and i won't agree with anyone who says differently. However, Kayal was my clear man of the match.
Couldn’t agree more.
The way Knockaert tracks back and defends is superb. SO Glad he’s back

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He was on fire tonight just like the old days!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
More bite, but less quality.
Ideally I'd prefer Kayal when we haven't got the ball in order to win it back, but Propper when we have got the ball in order to use it.
I wonder if they could play together?

The problem with that plan is that Stephens is better than the pair of them, so unless we play 3 in the middle it's always going to be a fight between Kayal and Propper ... and I feel Propper wins.

I always feel nervous with Propper, does some brilliant work then gets the basic things wrong and that is often in our third of the pitch, personally I think we might have lost had Propper played as we really had to compete in midfield.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Loved seeing him and bruno back together. Thought he was excellent tonight. Buzzing around - gave everything.

Last edited:

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Far and away our best right sided midfielder.

CH cost us the game against Palace trying to fit Locadia in (a mistake he at least had the decency to admit at half time)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Knockers clearly carrying out Hughtons insructions tonight. I would say easily his most disaplined performance for us since United Away in the league. At times resisting the urge to bomb forward and stayed compact and protected Bruno brilliantly. I think he lacked a little going forward but he ran his bollocks off tonight.

On a side note March did a great Job coming on for Izzy to close out the game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Strange, one of our best performances for a while yet the line up was the closest to our championship team all season.

We had a great Championship team and we've improved our GK and bought a better winger than Murphy.

I know he's a popular figure on here in terms of flair, but I honestly believe we'd be in the same position as we are now with an injury-free Kayal playing all season. Propper flatters to deceive at times, and unless football matches start being decided on classy moments (always possible I guess since VAR) then he hasn't influenced much this season - no goals, pretty sure one of his assists was a pass to Izquierdo on the half way line at the taxpayers as well. Disclaimer: Before I get pounced on by some knob who thinks I'm being overly critical, I think he is an amazing player and probably needed this season to grow into this league and adjust to where we play him.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Knockaert is undoubtedly a very gifted player. He just needs mentoring and a very particular style of coaching, I suspect, and last night's performance gives the impression that he's learned quite a bit from recent events.

I don't remember many Brighton players with that level of passion, work rate and flair. I really hope he's finally adjusted to the Premier League because he is capable of great things at this level.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Just watching the game which is 4 mins old Ref has made 2 mistakes Knocky took a big blow to his nose and the ref gave a corner should have been a Goal kick. No harm done.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here