Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Congratulations on the point. Another step closer to survival.

Probably a fair result overall. We didn't really show up but BHA did what they had to do and fair play to you for that.

You generated a very good atmosphere, better than most home teams. It was amusing when you were whistling like mad for the ref to blow up for half time, never heard that before but understandable in the circumstances.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I'm sure we will be playing you next season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Congratulations on the point. Another step closer to survival.

Probably a fair result overall. We didn't really show up but BHA did what they had to do and fair play to you for that.

You generated a very good atmosphere, better than most home teams. It was amusing when you were whistling like mad for the ref to blow up for half time, never heard that before but understandable in the circumstances.

Good luck for the rest of the season and I'm sure we will be playing you next season.

Good atmosphere?? Not according to some of our own.... [MENTION=20155]Clive Walker[/MENTION] thinks we’re “woeful”.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
In a funny way this was even better than the Arsenal game. Really impressed by our work rate and positivity.

I genuinely didn't think we'd get another point this season and it might end up being our last, but it's clear that the players are definitely up for this and maybe there is a surprise or two on the cards in our final four games.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Did anyone else see the ball go completely out for what should have been a corner or goal kick, im not sure which , immediately before spurs goal ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Did anyone else see the ball go completely out for what should have been a corner or goal kick, im not sure which , immediately before spurs goal ?

yep, and just watched the replay on seagull player, and still looks out.
Edit: looking at another angle, it stayed in. Shame really. Just unfortunate. Rolled along the line, rather than over it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
yep, and just watched the replay on seagull player, and still looks out.
Edit: looking at another angle, it stayed in. Shame really. Just unfortunate. Rolled along the line, rather than over it.
cheers dave.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good game Looked much better live than on TV, I even remarked that the pitch looked better than normal. Grass seemed shorter, more like a billiard table.

Countering the pressing game done as well as we could. Requires considerable technical ability to keep the ball. We are good at it when we are on our game. Bruno MOM.

https://www.footballwhispers.com/blog/premier-league-press-masters

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Good point well earned, just watched the replay, one more point should seal it, not sure where it will come from though.

kjgood

We did look far more organised, but...................there was still several times when we back passed without looking even after that terrible back pass for the goal last night, we had Duffy doing it against Huddersfield which cost the win and several times in the second half I was watching through my fingers when the back pass was made.

Needs to be coached out as teams are looking for this now from us. Saying that a great point and a spirited performance IMO Izzy looked a bit tired and I didnt see that blistering pace of earlier in the season but he was up against some quick defenders to be fair. Hoping that Leicester score six without response on thursday.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pressing teams like Man City and Spurs and Liverpool can't blame teams for parking the bus. They give the opposition very little choice than retreating back and keeping the ball or chase around like blue-arsed flies. They inflict defensive teams on them by their tactics.

It is a bit different playing Man U and Chelsea.

I've not worked out the Burnley tactics quite yet, except it is not ticky-tacky.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Anyone got video of Ryans save? Never saw it on the coverage here in the USA (missed the 1st half)

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
In a funny way this was even better than the Arsenal game. Really impressed by our work rate and positivity.

I genuinely didn't think we'd get another point this season and it might end up being our last, but it's clear that the players are definitely up for this and maybe there is a surprise or two on the cards in our final four games.

I reckon we can get some points when Manure come down.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Dale at fault for their goal, another sloppy pass

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here