Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur *** Official Match Thread ***

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
If we win this we will be 10 points clear in 11th place, that will be a big boost for us. We are at the time of the season when the unexpected is slightly more likely, Lets do this.

The only unexpected tonight will be if CH rests some of the players who have been complete gash lately but we all know that he will keep flogging them until there is nothing left in the tank.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Need a big performance from the team and the crowd tonight I’m hoping that we get off to a good start so the crowd stay excited rather then the dull starts we have had in the past against a top team and the crowd has been muted. Will take a point I would love all 3 but I feel 1 more point keeps us in the league, Swansea, Stoke and Southampton all playing each other at the death and Palace I just don’t feel enough games are available for all those teams right at the bottom to pull free.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
“It will be tough. They have good players and they have been capable of beating teams like Arsenal at home. We need to take this game very seriously.
Mauricio Pochettino

They always say that when they are worried about complacency. I'd sooner Spurs played their first team (with complacency) rather than their eager youngsters. Until it comes to set pieces.

We do not do so well against pressing teams; Spurs (probably the best), Liverpool and Huddersfield.

I don't find Spurs particularly entertaining to watch. Efficient more than flair.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Nearly 40 years ago on the 15th April 1978 - Brighton & Hove Albion v Tottenham Hotspur was my first game at the Goldstone, my dear uncle Bob who is struggling at the moment took me along.

Anyone recall the score that day ?

Repeat please.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The only unexpected tonight will be if CH rests some of the players who have been complete gash lately but we all know that he will keep flogging them until there is nothing left in the tank.

Admittedly with hindsight, I get the feeling that that should have been a consideration two or three games ago............................

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
35 years and 2 weeks ago (2 April 1983) Brighton last played a home league fixture against Tottenham. That was the first game that my Dad ever took me and my Spurs supporting brother to.

Tonight Brighton host Tottenham in the league again and to honour that game 35 years ago, I am bringing my Dad with me to the game (unfortunately my brother is in the US so can’t attend with us)

I don’t remember much of that game in 1983, but have viewed the YouTube highlights to jog my memory. It certainly wasn’t a classic but Chris Hughton had a good game for Spurs. However, the ending was a thriller, with 2 red cards and 2 late Brighton goals (Gatting and Ryan) to clinch a 2-1 win. I remember my brother crying all the way home after that.

Here’s to the same result tonight!

https://youtu.be/iUNGsSBrRRc

Great video on this. North Stand with no roof and the world's smallest dugout !!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think we'll get at least a point tonight.

No logic, no rationale, just sheer gut feeling.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
There's 3 Spurs fans in the office, one from Ipswich, one from Lincoln and the other sounds northern but can't work out where, I said I'll sing a song for them as none of them could make it. None seemed optimistic that they'll get anything from this game. I think were loose

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think we'll get at least a point tonight.

No logic, no rationale, just sheer gut feeling.

I’m sure players are aware that fans are ‘very disappointed’ with the performance and result at the weekend.

So, I’m hoping another Swansea style performance will be delivered; of course, Spurs could still win (and most likely will) even if we are at our very best.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pleased with a deserved point, delighted with a win, worried about a loss, despondent if we lose by more than two. Not too pleased with a flukey point, just might be relieved.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here