Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51
  1. #11
    Members The Andy Naylor Fan Club's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    3,727


    2 Not allowed!
    Wouldn't happen in Germa.....Oh, hang on.
    When you are out and about, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #12

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Two wrongs making another wrong.

      For a start, it would be at the wrong end. So that's four wrongs so far.
      I only make it three wrongs.

      Surely it's wrong to continue the action after the half has ended? First action of the second half should be a penalty rather than the kick off.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
    • #13
      Minister of Information
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      9,399


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I only make it three wrongs.

      Surely it's wrong to continue the action after the half has ended? First action of the second half should be a penalty rather than the kick off.
      Could be three wrongs- but if you're wrong it's now five.

      It's not four wrongs either way now.

      This would make a good Python sketch.
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We are not and never were going to beat Arsenal.
    • #14
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2012
      Posts
      1,413


      0 Not allowed!
      I can't see what is wrong here. It's natural progression of the game.

      One of the main differences being that not as many fans would miss the penalty - as you can buy beer throughout the game & drink in the stands

      Var is still pants
    • #15

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Could be three wrongs- but if you're wrong it's now five.

      It's not four wrongs either way now.

      This would make a good Python sketch.
      If you keep making more wrongs surely it comes full circle and becomes right again?
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
    • #16
      Minister of Information
      Join Date
      Apr 2014
      Posts
      9,399


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you keep making more wrongs surely it comes full circle and becomes right again?
      You seem to be applying mathematical logic here.

      A wrong + a wrong does not equal a right. Therefore, by simple logic, there is no circle. Merely a line to an infinite number of wrongs.

      By the time you reach the end, if that is possible, you will be so wrong that even some NSC posters will be passing you the other way.
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We are not and never were going to beat Arsenal.
    • #17
      Brain dead MUG SHEEP Easy 10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      50,784


      2 Not allowed!
      There are just so many bizarre situations that can happen under VAR. Its an utter, utter shambles at the moment. It may take a high profile balls-up in a massive game at the World Cup to get this thing binned off for a complete rethink, but I fear we are stuck with it. At least we have at least 1 more season without it fvking up the Premier League for now. It must be resisted at all costs.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
    • #18
      Who's Next? The Large One's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      97.2FM
      Posts
      51,119


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I only make it three wrongs.

      Surely it's wrong to continue the action after the half has ended? First action of the second half should be a penalty rather than the kick off.
      The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or on the advice of another match official, provided play has not restarted or the referee has signalled the end of the first or second half (including extra time) and left the field of play or terminated the match.

      http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-...---the-referee

      Wrong 1: See above
      Wrong 2: The players had gone down the tunnel meaning...
      Wrong 3: VAR took an age to tell the ref to re-look at an incident
      Wrong 4: A half starting with a penalty. It doesn't - it ALWAYS starts with a kick-off
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm
    • #19
      Who's Next? The Large One's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      97.2FM
      Posts
      51,119


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There are just so many bizarre situations that can happen under VAR. Its an utter, utter shambles at the moment. It may take a high profile balls-up in a massive game at the World Cup to get this thing binned off for a complete rethink, but I fear we are stuck with it. At least we have at least 1 more season without it fvking up the Premier League for now. It must be resisted at all costs.
      Ah, but FIFA will force this upon us because they can. They're doing it in Germany, so it will be here soon.

      They make the laws etc. etc.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm
    • #20
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Worcester England
      Posts
      7,097


      0 Not allowed!
      The WC is building up very nicely to be the CAUSE of WW3, what with VAR and the new Cold War. Its gonna be armaggedon I tell thee

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •