Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

The VAR goes MAD at Mainz

10 Not allowed!
    Ref blows for half time , teams go to the dressing room then the VAR decides there should have been a penalty for handball so both teams have to go back out and Mainz score. This will kill football and can't wait for the World Cup for more stupidity

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Mainz a half!
      Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.
      From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.

1 Not allowed!
      Imagine if it had happened after the final whistle rather than at half-time?! Completely farcical.

Loads of fans probably missed the pen as they were queeing up for their half-time beer!
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

5 Not allowed!
      someone on this forum was tell us how its great and perfected and well respected everywhere else in Europe.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      What was the half-time score? Surely if the ref has blown for HT that has to be the end of the action? Perhaps they should have started the second half with the pen instead.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*

7 Not allowed!
      There seems to be constant protests from fans in Germany about matches being moved for TV. It's good to see.

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      What was the half-time score? Surely if the ref has blown for HT that has to be the end of the action? Perhaps they should have started the second half with the pen instead.
      That was my thought, that if the half time whistle or indeed full time whistle had been blown, that is the end of the half, and if VAR hasn't reported back then it effectively gets switched off. If the incident was being looked at, then the ref should not blow for the end of the half /game.

I was always under the impression that the ending of the half/game is purely the decision of the referee.

Has VAR made an error by giving the penalty after the end of the half?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      Two wrongs making another wrong.

For a start, it would be at the wrong end. So that's four wrongs so far.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      That was my thought, that if the half time whistle or indeed full time whistle had been blown, that is the end of the half, and if VAR hasn't reported back then it effectively gets switched off. If the incident was being looked at, then the ref should not blow for the end of the half /game.

I was always under the impression that the ending of the half/game is purely the decision of the referee.

Has VAR made an error by giving the penalty after the end of the half?
      The VAR doesn't give the penalty.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by seagulls4ever View Post
      There seems to be constant protests from fans in Germany about matches being moved for TV. It's good to see.

Imagine trying to get the North Stand to do that in unison #quiltedpink

EDIT: or even getting them all back to their seats in time to do it as the whistle goes for the second half, as here