Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Another reason why Russia should have the world cup withdrawn

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Hard to imagine seeing things like that in this country in this day and age , i mean imagine seeing a football club in this country use a live animal as some sort of pre match fan amusement , i guess birds are ok though . :nono:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Look. Can't we look past the violent nationalist hooligans waiting for us, the nerve agent attack in Salisbury, the Polonium assassination in London, the vote rigging, hacking attacks and filthy chemical weapons attack in Syria the invasion of Sovreign territory in Ukraine and provocative bomber and naval incursions in our waters? AND JUST GET ALONG with our Russian friends?

What a bunch of reactionaries and bedwetters we are.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Look. Can't we look past the violent nationalist hooligans waiting for us, the nerve agent attack in Salisbury, the Polonium assassination in London, the vote rigging, hacking attacks and filthy chemical weapons attack in Syria the invasion of Sovreign territory in Ukraine and provocative bomber and naval incursions in our waters? AND JUST GET ALONG with our Russian friends?

What a bunch of reactionaries and bedwetters we are.

Please don't generalise and paint Russians as bad people. It is just as bad a characterising all black people as criminals because of the gang stabbings and shootings in London - and we know that no one would dare do that. Lets keep the same principles across the board please.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
How is it much different to the bull paraded around at Hereford before games?

I'm surprised you have to ask this - in fact I'm staggered. But here's one for you to ponder:

They don't have to aggressively and cruelly train a bull to walk around the pitch. Oddly enough
it is born with that ability.

Bearing in mind your post - does that make sense?

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
I'm surprised you have to ask this - in fact I'm staggered. But here's one for you to ponder:

They don't have to aggressively and cruelly train a bull to walk around the pitch. Oddly enough
it is born with that ability.

Bearing in mind your post - does that make sense?

I take your point, and I hope the bear has not been trained "aggressively and cruelly". Do we know how bears are trained? To be honest, I would like to see neither bears nor bulls used in sporting events - they are not necessary.

How do you feel about seals and dolphins being trained to perform in captivity for peoples entertainment?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Hard to imagine seeing things like that in this country in this day and age , i mean imagine seeing a football club in this country use a live animal as some sort of pre match fan amusement , i guess birds are ok though . :nono:

# realease Gully, Sally and Sammy.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We’ve got some lovely bears in Brighton but I’ve only heard about their ball skills being displayed to the public at about 3am on Duke’s Mound on a Wednesday. No way I want them paraded at the Amex doing their thang.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Wait until China hosts the World Cup, they take animal cruelty to a whole new level. They’d probably beat the bear to death and cook it after the game.

after electrocuting it a skinning it alive .......fantabulous world we live in these days and so great to see the more civilised cultures/countries getting rewarded by fi$a.....Russians, Qatar.....FFS....!! Qatar will be a fecking debacle , you heard it here first ....!!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I take your point, and I hope the bear has not been trained "aggressively and cruelly". Do we know how bears are trained? To be honest, I would like to see neither bears nor bulls used in sporting events - they are not necessary.

How do you feel about seals and dolphins being trained to perform in captivity for peoples entertainment?

I am against any training and/or captivity to be honest. Been to Kruger (SA) and Ranthambore (India) and it makes you
realise how utterly sad it is to train/make captive any animal.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I am against any training and/or captivity to be honest. Been to Kruger (SA) and Ranthambore (India) and it makes you
realise how utterly sad it is to train/make captive any animal.

my friend randall has been trying to train a wildebeest to clean his windows for the last 5 weeks.......it is an unmitigated disaster....they are daft as ****.

bears on the other hand ....to their detriment in the training stakes are comparative geniuses.... food for thought ...no

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Most trained bears have their teeth and claws pulled out so they are not a danger to their "trainers".

Still, it's all a bit of fun innit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here