Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U23s v Stoke City U23s: PL2 Division Two, Checkatrade.com Stadium, tonight 7pm

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U-23s need to match Middlesbrough's result next Monday to maintain 3rd position and guarantee a play-off semi-final tie at the Amex (otherwise they will face an away match). Albion play Wolves at Molineux and Middlesbrough are at Southampton. Both Saints and Wolves are still able to claim the final play-off spot:-

PL2Div2.jpg

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Albion U-23s need to match Middlesbrough's result next Monday to maintain 3rd position and guarantee a play-off semi-final tie at the Amex (otherwise they will face an away match). Albion play Wolves at Molineux and Middlesbrough are at Southampton. Both Saints and Wolves are still able to claim the final play-off spot:-

View attachment 96105

Excuse me for being a bit thick, but how can Saints and Wolves get in the play-offs when they’re so may points away from 4th place?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Albion U-23s are now unbeaten in all competitions in 14 matches.

Albion's record in those matches:-

P:14 W:11 D:3 L:0 F:41 A: 6

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Excuse me for being a bit thick, but how can Saints and Wolves get in the play-offs when they’re so may points away from 4th place?

The Champions are automatically promoted; places 2 to 5 enter the play-offs for one additional promotion spot.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I’ve really enjoyed watching the U23s this season. Another good performance tonight. We constantly pressed Stoke, won most of the 2nd balls and we were very direct and clinical in front of goal. Berahino was poor, Wimmer anonymous.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought Simon Rusk was under-qualified according to the experts on here?

What a fine job

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Well done the U23's.Can we borrow their goal difference please?

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
After today's results, we actually know that Albion U-23s will face Middlesbrough in the play-off semi-final (as pointed out by the club twitter feed):-

[TWEET]985998650475253763[/TWEET]

Albion can't catch Villa in second and no team can match Albion's/Boro's point tally of 37. Therefore the matches next Monday will simply determine who hosts the fixture.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No, we'll have sold him to someone else by then and Hughton will bring him in on loan and block one of our own youngsters from getting a chance.

Blimey! Is there really someone out there more cynical than me?! I know you can't just chuck youngsters into the first team and hope they'll hack it, but it does feel as if we're exceptionally cautious in that respect. If Ryan Sessegnol was one of ours (if only!) I wonder which of our youth teams he'd be confined to. U18s maybe? - or perhaps just an occasional outing for the U23s?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Albion U-23s are now unbeaten in all competitions in 14 matches.

Albion's record in those matches:-

P:14 W:11 D:3 L:0 F:41 A: 6

That's Sunday league style dominance.
Except it's not Sunday league.
The future is bright, the future is Brighton and Hove Albion.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
That's Sunday league style dominance.
Except it's not Sunday league.
The future is bright, the future is Brighton and Hove Albion.

Just be grateful that we didn't get our results in reverse order this season - can you imagine if we'd been miles ahead of the competition after less than 10 games, and struggled to make it into the play-offs?!!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here