Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U23s v Stoke City U23s: PL2 Division Two, Checkatrade.com Stadium, tonight 7pm

Dec 29, 2011
Just be grateful that we didn't get our results in reverse order this season - can you imagine if we'd been miles ahead of the competition after less than 10 games, and struggled to make it into the play-offs?!!?

One shows improvement, a team learning to gel and finally getting results. The other shows the run of good form was mostly good fortune and actually the players aren't that great

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Just be grateful that we didn't get our results in reverse order this season - can you imagine if we'd been miles ahead of the competition after less than 10 games, and struggled to make it into the play-offs?!!?

"Farley's" Charlies.?

Last edited:

phoenix

May 18, 2009
scores after 90 minutes not penalties.

well at least Not penalties,

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The future is looking good
Let's hope they continue to progress
Would love to see Gyokeres at least on the bench for the 1st team

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I'd love to see any of them getting on to the bench - and even beyond that! That's what they're there for, isn't it?

I have a feeling in the next couple of seasons we are going to see 3 or 4 players come through the academy. Walton Molumby Gyokeres and White (if we can keep hold of him).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I have a feeling in the next couple of seasons we are going to see 3 or 4 players come through the academy. Walton Molumby Gyokeres and White (if we can keep hold of him).

Let's hope so - we're never going to be able to buy our way to success* a la Man City or Chelsea.

* Success for us I would define as PL stability.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’ve really enjoyed watching the U23s this season. Another good performance tonight. We constantly pressed Stoke, won most of the 2nd balls and we were very direct and clinical in front of goal. Berahino was poor, Wimmer anonymous.

If you've seen them regularly, I'm sure there will be plenty on here that would appreciate a review of the season, players, playing style, etc

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
After today's results, we actually know that Albion U-23s will face Middlesbrough in the play-off semi-final (as pointed out by the club twitter feed):-

[TWEET]985998650475253763[/TWEET]

Albion can't catch Villa in second and no team can match Albion's/Boro's point tally of 37. Therefore the matches next Monday will simply determine who hosts the fixture.

Thanks for all these updates again, AZ. I've been thinking of getting along to watch the u23s for a long time, so I'm now left with hoping they trump Boro's result, so the play-off takes place round these parts, rather than theirs.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Thanks for all these updates again, AZ. I've been thinking of getting along to watch the u23s for a long time, so I'm now left with hoping they trump Boro's result, so the play-off takes place round these parts, rather than theirs.

Ditto!

Was hoping to see them in the CheckaTrade Trophy and the U23 Cup but they kept being drawn away from home. Hopefully the play off game will be at the Amex if they do indeed get a home draw.

Does anyone know if the the Sussex Senior Cup final date has been confirmed?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ditto!

Was hoping to see them in the CheckaTrade Trophy and the U23 Cup but they kept being drawn away from home. Hopefully the play off game will be at the Amex if they do indeed get a home draw.

Does anyone know if the the Sussex Senior Cup final date has been confirmed?

If they finish third, then the play off game WILL be hosted at the Amex (its in the competition rules)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we are relegated (however unlikely) I'd expect some of the U23s to get some serious game time next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here