Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West ham v Stoke

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think it'll be a dreadful match with West Ham probably nicking a late goal to break the deadlock. Two terrible sides played in a morgue-like atmosphere.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think it'll be a dreadful match with West Ham probably nicking a late goal to break the deadlock. Two terrible sides played in a morgue-like atmosphere.

If West Ham take an early lead, we'll hear fervent eastenders, salt of the earth, they won the 66 WC on their own.

If Stoke take a lead and control the game, the knees-up-mother-brown brigade will be at their backstabbing best.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Would rather Stoke lost, but on the other hand this could be West Ham's last realistic chance to get any more points.

There is no bad result tonight.

Yes there is. A stoke win.

Ordinarily draws among our rivals are best because this maximises the total points lost, but tonight it has to be a sham win. At this end of the season, only Stains vs Stoke is one where a draw would be good.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes there is. A stoke win.

Ordinarily draws among our rivals are best because this maximises the total points lost, but tonight it has to be a sham win. At this end of the season, only Stains vs Stoke is one where a draw would be good.
The thing is I think there is a reasonable chance that West Ham won't get another point after tonight so I wouldn't be that upset if they lost.

Clearly a Stoke loss is the best result though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The thing is I think there is a reasonable chance that West Ham won't get another point after tonight so I wouldn't be that upset if they lost.

If Stoke win, watch our odds dramatically shorten. Our loss at the weekend changed our relegation bookies odds from 22/1 to 10/1.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Fair enough. Getting close to clenching time....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Stoke win, watch our odds dramatically shorten. Our loss at the weekend changed our relegation bookies odds from 22/1 to 10/1.
West Ham's odds will get worse as well, as tonight is really their main 'point banker'.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
5 - 0 ish to the gawd blimey guvs would be a crushing, possibly fatal psychological blow to the potters. Come on you Irons ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here