Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Find a new home for the Lady Boys

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
From today's Argus.

The Lady Boys of Bangkok are looking for a new venue.

This year may be the last the annual attraction can appear in Brighton’s Victoria Gardens because the area is about to have a revamp.

The Brighton and Hove City Council scheme will redevelop the area from St Peter’s Church to the Old Steine.

It is due to start this summer and will mean the area will be affected for at least the next two years.

A Lady Boys spokesman said: “The council is in the process of finding us a new venue for the show.”

Personally, I think the whole thing is an anachronism, although I do understand the argument that shutting such entertainment suggests a lack of openness to another way of life. Is it a peep show, little different to the Victorian fairground, or is it an expression of sexuality? Should it be found a new home in Brighton?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On a releted point, I read somewhere that these works will,paralyse the a23 all the way to the seafront when it starts with road closures, diversions and rerouted busses and cause horrendous traffic for somewhere around 2 years.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fascinating creatures.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I've never seen a show but do they get their bits out? I ask as I don't really understand what they do. If it is genuinely good looking people singing and performing in wonderful costumes - then it doesn't matter if they are ladyboys or not, you are going for the show and therefore it is unfair and outdated to label them. If you don't see their bits then advertising that they are ladyboys is just a circus/freak show kind of mentality that should have died out a long time ago especially in Brighton where most people are very tolerant and would be shocked/give a monkeys about this sort of thing.

Of course if you do see their things then it is also odd and I wouldn't go to a variety show and hope to see Diversity or Steps do their routine and then get their kit off.

I think the whole thing is odd

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
blokes who like chicks with dicks basically .....and with that i expect a demotion to other stuff within minutes.

Is that another couple of letters that need adding to the LGBT etc acronym that seems to get longer every day? Perhaps C(d).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
blokes who like chicks with dicks basically .....and with that i expect a demotion to other stuff within minutes.

Or as an alternative, 'chicks @ dicks bar'
An all male night, comprising of well endowed poultry, dancing the night away.
KFC and spit roast are extras :cool:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I've never seen a show but do they get their bits out? I ask as I don't really understand what they do. If it is genuinely good looking people singing and performing in wonderful costumes - then it doesn't matter if they are ladyboys or not, you are going for the show and therefore it is unfair and outdated to label them. If you don't see their bits then advertising that they are ladyboys is just a circus/freak show kind of mentality that should have died out a long time ago especially in Brighton where most people are very tolerant and would be shocked/give a monkeys about this sort of thing.

Of course if you do see their things then it is also odd and I wouldn't go to a variety show and hope to see Diversity or Steps do their routine and then get their kit off.

I think the whole thing is odd

After years of "nearly" going to see this show, I went last year. can honestly say I have never been so underwhelmed in my life!. Whilst the costumes are undoubtedly brilliant, and the Ladyboys look stunning, I was really disappointed that it was all just one big (not very good) Drag Act. I thought the performers would actually sing the songs, but they were miming badly -I dont say lip-synching as there was very little synching of lips and words,. The Ladyboys are very pretty, but in my opinion very second rate performers. There are many more talented Drag Acts on every week in the pubs around St James Street,(Dave Lyn, Miss Jason, for example). Living in Brighton, and having frequented the gay pubs and clubs, the novelty of guys dressing up as women wore off long ago, and the Ladyboys is just that- a novelty act. All dressing and no substance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here