Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Its like the undocumented illegals in the US, DACA.

You got to go back.
back.jpg

No, it's not.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Its like the undocumented illegals in the US, DACA.

You got to go back.
back.jpg

A close look at that image reveals what is essentially racist imagery. Especially the flies. I suspect I'm not the only one to report.

Hopefully we won't see you for a while.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So you think nit picking about the year he arrived is justification for refusing cancer treatment to Albert Thompson who has paid UK taxes and NI for 44 continuous years?

1973 is mentioned in this article which I have already put a link to, so it isn't just children who arrived in the 40s and 50s, as much as you would like it to be.
I am afraid your nit picking and political point scoring about these people who are suffering just shows you up for your heartless mentality.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...loses-job-immigration-status?CMP=share_btn_fb

I never applied for a British passport. We thought we were British,” he said. Because he arrived in the UK before 1973 he has an automatic permanent right to remain, but the introduction of the by Theresa May as home secretary in 2013 has required employers, the NHS, Jobcentre staff and landlords to run checks for papers, causing problems for people who do not have documentary proof of their right to live in the UK.

i get it now, this makes it clear. what we have is a monumental cockup, legislation in 2013 drafted to make access to services more strict for immigrants, forgot the potential impact for early generations of naturalised immigrants. still dont quite see why this hasn't been made more of an issue before this week, as you said earlier media interested and now there will be some resolution (we hope).

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
At least this thread shows one thing - that the vast majority of NSC are compassionate people (regardless of their politics) who can spot an abhorrent injustice when they see one. And a few (normally the same few) aren't.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A close look at that image reveals what is essentially racist imagery. Especially the flies. I suspect I'm not the only one to report.

iTS not racist you bell end, Have you seen the level of homeless ness in California? It represents a Mexican.:tosser:

Edited to add.

so you report apost, post that youve reported it(trying to get others to join in), claim its racist but make no attempt to explain why, nice try loser.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
The cancer patient quoted in the article came here in 1973.While this is a nasty case,it has absolutely nothing to do with Windrush which was 1940's/50's.Just political stirring,and half truths, yet again.

Wrong on two counts:

1. He arrived in the 1960's, but has lived in London since 1973: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...cancer-care-left-die-home-office-commonwealth

2. "Windrush" runs all the way to 1971, with 1973 being the key legal cut-off date for "Windrush" and other immigrants receiving permanent right to remain.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
This deserves it's own post (and contradicts something I wrote in post 43 on this thread):

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rotecting-windrush-immigrants-removed-in-2014

Turns out that previous governments *did* put in place protections for the Windrush generation, but that the current Tory government *removed* those protections in 2014. This is, absolutely, 100%, now a massive black mark on Theresa May and the Tory's as a whole.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
This deserves it's own post (and contradicts something I wrote in post 43 on this thread):

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...rotecting-windrush-immigrants-removed-in-2014

Turns out that previous governments *did* put in place protections for the Windrush generation, but that the current Tory government *removed* those protections in 2014. This is, absolutely, 100%, now a massive black mark on Theresa May and the Tory's as a whole.

That is what has caused this to happen and now May is back tracking as quick as she can despite it being her own personal policy

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You are

Whilst Looney is a bigoted bellend and a conspiracy theorist who enjoys fellating anyone to the right of Genghis Khan, sadly this shite that he posted is just evidence of his petty bigotry, but doesn't quite warrant a ban.

I'm sure the scout movement are delighted that one of their (former) scout leaders thinks that this type of behaviour and cheap stunt is true to ideals of Baden-Powell though.

Dib-Dib-Dib

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
At least this thread shows one thing - that the vast majority of NSC are compassionate people (regardless of their politics) who can spot an abhorrent injustice when they see one. And a few (normally the same few) aren't.

Can you do me a favour and list, explicitly, who from this thread you believe are not compassionate. Asking for a friend.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
At no point have I defended the Windrush deportations, caused by successive governments of different parties, I have just slagged off Ernest's hippocrasy (sp). But it seems that is too difficult for many numpties to understand.

Yep, indefensible incompetence. As we know the far left loon Op only starts these threads for political point scoring/exploiting real misery and suffering. If this was an anti-Corbyn/Labour issue there would not be one word of condemnation but he would try to defend the indefensible. Hypocritical twunt.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Wrong on two counts:

1. He arrived in the 1960's, but has lived in London since 1973: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...cancer-care-left-die-home-office-commonwealth

2. "Windrush" runs all the way to 1971, with 1973 being the key legal cut-off date for "Windrush" and other immigrants receiving permanent right to remain.

1973 isnt the windrush generation , not by a long way.

Please read the above.

Also my post #75 contains a direct quote which mentions 1973 being the cut off date.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yep, indefensible incompetence. As we know the far left loon Op only starts these threads for political point scoring/exploiting real misery and suffering. If this was an anti-Corbyn/Labour issue there would not be one word of condemnation but he would try to defend the indefensible. Hypocritical twunt.

And totally irrelevant to the points being made throughout the thread.

Fact is - you appear to agree with his point of view on this issue. Yet you still wish to turn it into a thread about him, rather than stick to the 'indefensible incompetence' of Theresa May's policy and delivery.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Fact is - you appear to agree with his point of view on this issue. Yet you still wish to turn it into a thread about him, rather than stick to the 'indefensible incompetence' of Theresa May's policy and delivery.

Sorry, does anyone really think that [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] cares more about the Windrush people than sticking it to the Tories?

You're more stupid than he is, if so.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Whilst Looney is a bigoted bellend and a conspiracy theorist

In your opinion.

who enjoys fellating anyone to the right of Genghis Khan,

Dib-Dib-Dib

In your depraved sexual fantasies.

sadly this shite that he posted is just evidence of his petty bigotry,

Seeing the quote on it was in English not Spanish, the target for the meme was to torment the left, make them lose their shit and make fools of themselves...mission accomplished.

but doesn't quite warrant a ban.

Condolences, you must be so gutted.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, unacceptable situation - petition duly signed. The Windrush people came here by request, in many cases were given a pretty hard time, but in spite of that have stayed, made a worthwhile contribution to this country, and have integrated well. A case of legislation being drafted with unforeseen consequences, I imagine; incompetence rather than malice. Whichever it is though, it needs putting right.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Entirely relevant to pointing out the hypocrisy of the OP which is a fact and you seem keen to ignore. Why?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Sorry, does anyone really think that [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] cares more about the Windrush people than sticking it to the Tories?

You're more stupid than he is, if so.

Ouch.

I don't agree with Ernest on a lot of things, but regarding this thread, he is right. I really don't think calling him a hypocrite for his polictical leanings on a valid thread helps anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here