Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast
    Marmite

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve been registered here for 5. I really and truly cannot understand why the U.K. does not have a register like Germany, Japan and many other developed nations. Genuine question: why does the U.K. not have a register? Can anyone explain why?
    Tony Blair scrapped it when he opened the immigration floodgates, or similar, like registering people who arrived.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Are people finally realising what a shambles our govenment is?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.
      Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bevendean Hillbilly View Post
      Out of interest what makes you a Corbyinista? I am really struggling to find anything to recommend the man.

I'm lifelong left leaning on social issues but shudder to think of him, Abbott and McConnell in the nation's hot seat.
      I'll give you that one.
      Quote Originally Posted by OzMike View Post
      We are not and never were going to beat Arsenal.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      Tony Blair scrapped it when he opened the immigration floodgates, or similar, like registering people who arrived.
      That's right, and the idea of identity cards went against peoples human rights.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CheeseRolls View Post
      I am really struggling here to understand what benefits could be claimed in these circumstances. Could this be grants or tax exemptions? Either way I am not sure this is directly relevant to a discussion on residency.
      It strikes me as relevant to a conversation about policy intending to stop health/benefits tourism, as others have called it. Can't be arsed to argue the toss on that though.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      Iíve been registered here for 5. I really and truly cannot understand why the U.K. does not have a register like Germany, Japan and many other developed nations. Genuine question: why does the U.K. not have a register? Can anyone explain why?

Instead people have to cobble together evidence. Itís a total farce which has now, due to Mayís law change, resulted in decent people being forcibly removed to nations they have never known. Utterly disgusting, and the sooner we get this far-right shower of shit out of government the better. And itís also disgusting that some are trying to defend it.
      By "register" I assume you mean ID card too?.... how has that idea flown with the liberal lefties in the UK when proposed previously.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      its been a while since the I.D. debate.
      The world has changed a lot
      If even Herr T is calling for a national register, is anyone still against an all encompassing ID scheme nowadays.......would sort out many issues
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      Er... we've never had such a register in the UK. People have always been free to move to what ever town or city they like. I moved to London in 1982 and didn't have to tell anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      That's right, and the idea of identity cards went against peoples human rights.
      Quote Originally Posted by heathgate View Post
      By "register" I assume you mean ID card too?.... how has that idea flown with the liberal lefties in the UK when proposed previously.
      That's completely the wrong way round. It was a Labour government that introduced the Identity Card Act, it was repealed by the coalition government in 2010.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CheeseRolls View Post
      The prime minister's refusal to meet Caribbean Heads of Government to discuss this, when they are already in London for Commonwealth meeting, just looks really poor, short sighted and dare I say it smacks of Little Englander mentality.
      the official line was they didn't want a formal meeting on this single item, as the leaders were here all week it could be discussed. misguided given the importance, not quite the refusal being portrayed.
      and if the Home Office are only successful in 50% of appeals, that should tell them they have something wrong but try telling bureaucrat that.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      You know perfectly well I was talking about the issue, the situation rather than the original migration.

Regardless it doesn't detract from the fact he's making a mountain out of a mole hill over language rather than the utterly immoral actions of the Home Office, who along with HMRC and the DWP ( Dicks, W@nk3rs and Pricks ) show how completely incompetent the government and it's structures really are.
      Whether you were talking about the original migration or the situation , why the fvck are YOU ashamed ? Talk about white middle class guilt.................