Page 21 of 78 FirstFirst ... 11181920212223243171 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, that wasn't the intention, but it was a by product of an ill thought out policy. These people were told they were British. They didn't take out British citizenship because they didn't need to, but the act of Parliament in 2014, meant their status as citizens were removed. They didn't have British birth certificates. so they couldn't get a biometric document which later immigrants could. It was a complete oversight.

Combine that with over officious civil servants who then insist on documents of proof which were unavailble due to the length of time elapsed.
    Some were told they could pay £229 to take out British citizenship, which Amber Rudd has announced just this afternoon, isn't necessary, but there have been cases where people are already deported, refused cancer treatment and lost their jobs because they didn't have any rights due to the mess up in the Home Office. The statement in the HoC today has already produced an apology to some of them.
    Let’s just hope those who have been hit by this diabolical mess are suitably compensated. And I pray the person refused cancer treatment can still be compensated.
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bashlsdir View Post
      It's the over reaction that I can't stand, and your right any opportunity to blame the tories in the hope we might vote for Labour. Absolutely no chance, never.
      I'm sure you'd over react if you lost your job through no fault of your own, then lost your home through no fault of your own and then got deported illegally. Nice to know empathy is alive and well in the UK ..... not !!!!
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

0 Not allowed!
      No, that wasn't the intention, but it was a by product of an ill thought out policy.
      Again, I respectfully disagree. The policy to stop some from using Bank of United Kingdom, when they have no right to do so, is anything but ill thought out, in my opinion.

I say again: People jumping on an Air India flight once a year to pop over and take all they can grab from this country is wholly wrong.

The implementation of that policy has clearly been ill thought out however.

0 Not allowed!
      They have been deliberately stripped of their liberties albeit by mistake. Refused cancer treatment last November despite paying all his dues in taxes and NI contributions.
      Even then alarm bells should have rung that something wasn't right, and the special needs teacher who lost his job last year and has had trouble claiming benefits.
      It's only when all this publicity has broken over the last two days, the government has admitted its mistakes.
      Yes a mistake,not because of some intended far-right ideology.
      Glad you have finally come around.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Lines View Post
      You don't think that the depiction of the Mexican is racist ? In fairness, I understand that it's not possible for you to see what you are doing and encouraging.
      Nobody else saw it as racist, you haven't even bothered trying to explain why? This your plan B then? Come back crying?

Here is one I saw on my timeline a couple of hours ago(along with others saying California may break into 3 states).....

do you have any idea whats going on in the world?

0 Not allowed!
      In this day and age how hard is it to keep a record of who came to the UK and who left?

The politicians and civil servants need to sort the administration of this country out because across the board - from Grenfell Tower to Windrush - there is a lack of attention to detail, accountability and responsibility. It's a f*cking shambles and Theresa May as Home Secretary for 6 years and now useless PM embodies this ineptitude.
      "Intercluderent aut mori"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      I'm sure you'd over react if you lost your job through no fault of your own, then lost your home through no fault of your own and then got deported illegally. Nice to know empathy is alive and well in the UK ..... not !!!!
      i think hes probably referring to people like you talking about tbeir "shame" at never having heard of windrush.

0 Not allowed!
      Useful advice if you're being deported illegally, hardly a mistake if the Home Office has gone to such lengths as to prepare such advice.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...me_Booklet.pdf
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      As we are a multi cultural society, it is what makes our country unique with a vibrant assemblage of people.

The Notting Hill carnival would have never existed, as it was born from the 1958 riots, that happened in London.
      https://www.mynottinghillcarnival.com/tag/windrush/

The Ghurkas, who fought alongside the British Army, were similarly given a bum deal by the British government, over their pensions.
      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/ex...-pensions.html
      Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      Nobody else saw it as racist, you haven't even bothered trying to explain why? This your plan B then? Come back crying?

Here is one I saw on my timeline a couple of hours ago(along with others saying California may break into 3 states).....

do you have any idea whats going on in the world?
      Very much so having represented a number of humanitarian charities/NGO organisations on different projects over a sixteen year period. I've worked in the Third Sector nearly twenty years- still do, although not for a humanitarian group at this time.

If you cannot see that the depiction of a Mexican as a cartoon character with flies around their head- alongside a rather smart representation of Donald Trump, and followed by your own endorsement of the wording in respect of this situation is racist then, well, I cannot help you see it.

There are a number of folk on NSC who hold views I find difficult when it comes to race and immigration. However, I try to engage rather than attack. Simply because I just think they have the wrong view. That's how a board should work.

You, in my opinion (I get that) have crossed a very liberally distant line.

As regards coming back crying, the only thing that moved me close to tears was reading of the plights of some of these folk.

Sadly, unless you can show me my error, I feel it rather lost on you.

Note: I have not suggested that anyone else on this thread has suggested or posted anything racist or unsympathetic. I don't agree with that thought which was suggested by interpretation of one entry.
      Last edited by Brighton Lines; 16-04-2018 at 20:48.
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      ....and you seem to be hanging around these politics threads for an unhealthy amount of time...