Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516172464 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 771
  1. #131
    Who's Next? The Large One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    97.2FM
    Posts
    51,673


    11 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Live by the sea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First time I am in agreement with the Idiot, it could have been handled much better. However please remember Ernest Idiot that however imperfect Theresa May is, Jeremy Corbyn is at least 10 x worse.

    So no most sensible people with even a few brain cells don’t want a Communist as our Prime Minister. Get the message ...
    One - bearing in mind he has never held a government post, you have no evidence to show Corbyn is '10x worse'. He might be - but you're not in a position to state it as fact. Put it this way, your post makes out that whatever Theresa May is doing to the Windrush generation, Corbyn would make a 10x worse hash of it. It's pretty astounding to think that Corbyn would have introduced such a spiteful piece of legislation in the first place. Principally because he wouldn't have.

    Two - he's not a Communist, so that point has no meaning.

    Three - you're another person using transference and irrelevance here. This story isn't about Jeremy Corbyn - it's about this current government, and up to 50,000 people who may be affected by this policy - yet there's a few of you obsessed with dragging him into it.

    Textbook meaningless 'whataboutery'.
    The Albion Roar on Twitter
    New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #132

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I find that odd as there was a lady on the radio earlier explaining how she had confirmed her status by showing only one document which was a statement from HM Revenue & Customs confirming the years of payments of national insurance contributions, something which i did myself a few months ago with great ease.
      Yes that will definitely be the answer and the whole thing has obviously been blown out of all proportion
    • #133
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      11,250


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      No, no, no ERNs you two faced axxe, you have slagged off Osbourne for years, yet now you seem to want to use his words as a beacon for you twisted communist agenda. Do one.
      I can't read the OP's posts as I have blocked him. He is, in my view, a tory troll. His trick is to write seemingly supportive threads in favour of labour, but containg flaws that are soon identified, with a view to undermining the cause he appears to be supporting.

      Either that or he's a thick hypocrite.

      Shame on you @Ernest for starting a poll that can so easily be unravelled. If my views were (and they are not) that these people are just guestworkers and neither they nor their kids have any rights, you will have simply added to my prejudice.

      If you really are a labour supporter, do try not to be such a tit with your silly posts. You're beginning to make the Prancing Ninny (also blocked) appear balanced, and that's one hell of a coup.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

      Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
    • #134
      Members pastafarian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      9,077


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Why do you find it odd? She might well have found an obliging civil servant.

      I have posted several links to MPs, newspaper articles, tweets and lawyers in this thread, and it seems that some of the people affected have been asked for four documents of proof for every year, and £229 to take out British citizenship that they already have.
      Amber Rudd has, this afternoon, said the payment is not necessary.

      This has been very poor legislation on immigrants, for biometric documents, which has backfired dramatically, and then been exercised on a generation that didn't deserve it or warrant it.
      Legal migrants have been caught up in good legislation on illegal immigrants, its very unfortunate but the problem and situation is being addressed.Doubt she was alone in finding a civil servant saying that single document is sufficient and i find twitter is for idiots in these kind of circumstances.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
    • #135

      1 Not allowed!
      Ahh fighting amongst ourselves, just what any good govenment wants.

      Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.
    • #136
      Members pastafarian's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      9,077


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WATFORD zero View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes that will definitely be the answer and the whole thing has obviously been blown out of all proportion
      I certainly think David Lammy saying earlier in the House that this was "far-right rhetoric" from the home office was certainly blowing it all out of proportion. Far-right? What a bed wetting cock.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.
    • #137
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      40,574


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I certainly think David Lammy saying earlier in the House that this was "far-right rhetoric" from the home office was certainly blowing it all out of proportion. Far-right? What a bed wetting cock.
      David Lammy's parents were part of the Windrush generation. Of course, he has a vested interest in being an opposition MP.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
    • #138
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      40,959


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Put it this way, your post makes out that whatever Theresa May is doing to the Windrush generation, Corbyn would make a 10x worse hash of it. It's pretty astounding to think that Corbyn would have introduced such a spiteful piece of legislation in the first place. Principally because he wouldn't have.
      Where is the proof that this has been implemented, as you say, out of spite?

      My son has a friend at his school from an Indian family. The father of that family as good as told me that once a year some of his relatives from India fly in to the UK, go through some sort of process that means they can continue to claim UK benefits, before flying home again.

      I'm fortunate that I've never had the need, yet, to seek any sort of state support so I don't know how feasible this is, but it certainly sounded pretty easy for them to do.

      As such, I do have support for legislation that seeks to reduce the ability of those to take from this country without giving back. The Windrush group are clearly not part of that. Maybe it's because I approach things with a positive mindset, believing that most people are fundamentally decent and seek to do the right thing, that I believe this could be more a case of ill-thought out and/or badly administered than a genuine attempt to deport people who deserve to live here.

      I'm well aware that your political leanings may make such an approach difficult for you take however.
    • #139
      Members midnight_rendezvous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      The Black Country
      Posts
      2,318


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Absolute disgrace.

      I really, really want to vote May out.


      Sadly comrade Corbynski is far, far worse.
      Life under the Tories: NHS in crisis due to chronic underfunding, the rise in food banks, a huge rise in child poverty, a huge rise in homelessness, rip off landlords, welfare cuts, cuts to cooperation tax meaning cooperations pay less tax than their employees, spectacularly missed economic targets, the longest fall in value of wages since records began, the austerity con, the most unaffordable homes ever, massive cuts to police, fire service and education.

      Pray tell, how is Corbyn “far, far worse”?
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"
    • #140
      Bringer of TRUTH JC Footy Genius's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Middle Earth
      Posts
      6,983


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I certainly think David Lammy saying earlier in the House that this was "far-right rhetoric" from the home office was certainly blowing it all out of proportion. Far-right? What a bed wetting cock.
      Certainly not the first 'bed wetting cock' to suggest our current government is far-right
      “The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of Socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.”

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •