Page 12 of 78 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262 ... LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is what has caused this to happen and now May is back tracking as quick as she can despite it being her own personal policy
    I'm still not voting for Labour, in fact I will never vote for those losers again after Blair. The party gets worse.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      It's a shame you have to turn to personal abuse at times
      At least it's honest abuse rather than the laughable disingenuity involved when he tells us he has no party preference.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
      Gary Stevens at Ipswich

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43780621

A little more detail about the Home Office and how the new legislation caught people out.

Changes to the immigration system from 2012 onwards clamped down on people living in the UK illegally, introducing new checks by employers, landlords and the NHS.

And some people who arrived legally decades ago are being caught out by these checks, when they try to rent a house or get medical treatment, because they aren't able to prove their status.

That's because the Home Office didn't keep records of those it granted indefinite leave to remain in the 1970s, and not everyone went on to apply to become British citizens.

To prove they are living in the country legally, people in this situation must currently apply for No Time Limit (NTL) status at a cost of £229.

They must provide documentation for every year they have been in the country, which can include payslips, bank statements and educational or medical records.

The Home Office says more informal testimonies will do. But a legal charity, the Joint Council for Welfare of Immigrants, says that in practice many are having their applications rejected if they are not able to provide up to four pieces of formal documentation for each year.

I only keep bank statements, P60s etc for 10 years. How would anyone be expected to keep them for 50 years.
      BBC needs to keep up, it was explained earlier in the house that they dont need documentation for every single year they have been here but The Home Office just need to build up an overall picture, which they are now going to try and do via this new special unit,Rudd also said the NTL status fee will be waived for the windrush group
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      I have to say that shamefully I'd never heard of Windrush until now. My shame of not knowing about it is nothing to the shame the government and in particular May should feel for destroying peoples lives. Exactly what purpose are the government now cracking down on these people that have spent most of their life here learning, working and contributing to society and the tax take ( something you would think the money orientated Tories would love ).

There aren't words to describe the disgust I currently have of May.
      I agree with your sentiments, although my disgust of May has been burning for months, born of her ability to lie to the public without flinching, and to put her career and her party before her country. She and most of her colleagues deserve each other. They revolt me. And this from a man who is not 'of the left'. My country continues to be shamed by these people. A pattern develops.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Chopper View Post
      Kicking off live in the commons now.
      Rudd getting it from all sides.
      Seems it's commonwealth going back a long time.
      The pathetic Rudd trying to wriggle off the hook.
      I hope MP's and media drive the nail home on this one.
      Rudd " We really value the Windrush generation, we will really look after them, I am sorry some have had troubles with health issues".
      This is going well beyond Windrush MP's standing up with all sorts of stories from constituents from Commonwealth countries.
      Nice to seem members on all sides realise how shameful this has been and as for Rudd not knowing if anyone has been deported then if that's true she should be resigning right about now
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      A day of shame.
      Only defended by the most ignorant of people.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by erkan View Post
      At least it's honest abuse rather than the laughable disingenuity involved when he tells us he has no party preference.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
      I've very clearly stated many times, including today on another thread, where my X went last time and will go next time round. I'd take a photo for you if it helped, but that's illegal.

0 Not allowed!
      Nice to seem members on all sides realise how shameful this has been and as for Rudd not knowing if anyone has been deported then if that's true she should be resigning right about now
      She said she was not aware of a single person being deported but was aware of MP`s and the sections of the media saying people had been deported. She urged them to contact her or the home office and identify these cases as a matter of urgency.I guess if you are aware of deportations yourself you can write to her as well.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pastafarian View Post
      She said she was not aware of a single person being deported but was aware of MP`s and the sections of the media saying people had been deported. She urged them to contact her or the home office and identify these cases as a matter of urgency.I guess if you are aware of deportations yourself you can write to her as well.
      Do you know how stupid you sound writing that She is Home Secretary, she should know if anyone has been deported and be able to state without fear of contradiction whether anyone has been deported from this country whatever the case

0 Not allowed!
      Anyone got a clue how it's got this far?
      Surely as soon as this started it should have been identified as manifestly, fundamentally wrong.
      The very first case should have alerted the constituent's MP, local and national press, community groups.
      What an utter clusterF.
      The worst shit in the seven kingdoms.