Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just scrap immigration rules and open the borders .
We know exactly who enters the country, but we haven't got a scooby who leaves.

If I ever a read a moan on here about hold ups when getting on a plane to go on holiday, I will chuckle.

I honestly believe the fear of immigration will slowly disappear due to the long queues at Gatwick.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
We know exactly who enters the country, but we haven't got a scooby who leaves.

If I ever a read a moan on here about hold ups when getting on a plane to go on holiday, I will chuckle.

I honestly believe the fear of immigration will slowly disappear due to the long queues at Gatwick.

Sent from my BTV-DL09 using Tapatalk

My daughters maths teacher’s visa ran out and she had to return home to Australia, she was telling the pupils she was being deported! I’m more than certain Australia wouldn’t let a British teacher out stay her/his welcome? In fact it would probably be harder to get there right?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BBC Breakfast reporting 35 NHS Trusts complaining to the Home Office for refusing visas for Indian doctors, who are urgently needed.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I actually feel slightly sorry for Amber Rudd At The moment. She just happens to gave been the person in charge when the brown stuff really hit the fan, and it is actually on her watch that it is getting sorted out, something which is absolutely not of her making.

.......... And I am not and never have been and never will be a Tory.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I actually feel slightly sorry for Amber Rudd At The moment. She just happens to gave been the person in charge when the brown stuff really hit the fan, and it is actually on her watch that it is getting sorted out, something which is absolutely not of her making.

.......... And I am not and never have been and never will be a Tory.
I agree Theresa May is in this up to her neck, but Amber Rudd has been caught out lying just this week, so no sympathy from me.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Unemployment is at lowest level since 1975. significantly, just 25% of unemployed people have been jobless for more than a year. This is lower than at any time in the 80s or 90s, boom or bust. The equivalent figure is 44% France, 58% Italy and 72% Greece.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
resign.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well let's look on the bright side - hopefully this has dealt a death blow to Amber Rudd's rumoured drive for the leadership of the Tory Party.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I agree Theresa May is in this up to her neck, but Amber Rudd has been caught out lying just this week, so no sympathy from me.

I agree, but I do wonder if the lying is deliberate or just down to someone's incompetence - that she didn't actually know there were targets. Will she be sacrificed to save our beloved(not) PM?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
How is Rudd still in her job? She either lied or doesn't know what's going on in the department she is responsible for; if it's the latter what else is going on that she isn't aware of?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The trouble is that she blamed the civil service, big mistake, that department will leak like a sieve.
Do not mess with Sir Humphrey.
Watching the Tory ministers protecting Rudd and May on Marr/Pesto this morning was hilarious, they apologised so that is good enough, why do politicians treat the public like fools, they really do believe that we believe everything they say.
Regarding the immigration, apparently they think we are all bigots and need to have 'raw meat' thrown at us, that way we will vote for the party that throws out immigrants.
It has badly backfired.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The trouble is that she blamed the civil service, big mistake, that department will leak like a sieve.
Do not mess with Sir Humphrey.
Watching the Tory ministers protecting Rudd and May on Marr/Pesto this morning was hilarious, they apologised so that is good enough, why do politicians treat the public like fools, they really do believe that we believe everything they say.
Regarding the immigration, apparently they think we are all bigots and need to have 'raw meat' thrown at us, that way we will vote for the party that throws out immigrants.
It has badly backfired.

It's worth tracking down the episode of Question Time when May was shadow Home Secretary and she was slating the then Labour Home Secretary because she blamed her staff for mis-informing her on some issue. May was adamant that said Home Secretary should not deny all knowledge and blame her staff and should simply resign. It was amazing, May actually looked like she knew what she was doing for once. Of course, no Tory would resign because of lying or incompetence .......if one went they would all have to go !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's worth tracking down the episode of Question Time when May was shadow Home Secretary and she was slating the then Labour Home Secretary because she blamed her staff for mis-informing her on some issue.

I think you're mis-remembering things. Theresa May was never Shadow Home Secretary. The Shadow Home Sec before the election was Chris Grayling and the ones before that were Dominic Grieve and David Davis.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Amber Rudd has resigned. Shocker.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think you're mis-remembering things. Theresa May was never Shadow Home Secretary. The Shadow Home Sec before the election was Chris Grayling and the ones before that were Dominic Grieve and David Davis.

Yes, you were right, May was not shadow Home Secretary, She was Shadow Transport and Environment Secretary and was slating Beverly Hughes Immigration Minister at that time....., video link enclosed ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQWf9JLlGMM Amazing hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here