[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Unless you have dual citizenship where you are half British and half somewhere else

No, that's still not the case.

Irrespective of holding that other passport / nationality, they still ARE British, and have the same rights of any other British citizen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Citizenship doesn't work like that at all. If two people have been granted British citizenship, then both 100% ARE British. If you want to talk about heritage, lineage, ancestry - those are statements of fact and nobody could argue with you.

i think the concept that citizenship is separate from where you are born is totally lost on him.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Given the criteria mentioned, he is 'more' British than, say, John Barnes, Ted Dexter, Ben Kingsley, Cliff Richard, Emma Watson, Prince Philip, Bradley Wiggins, Freddie Mercury, to name a few...

Arbitrary list - but then, arbitrary criteria...

definitely john barnes who counts himself jamaican

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
i didnt say any of.what youre implying about 2 british parents

You suggested very strongly that someone without two British parents cannot be as British as someone with two British parents. (You may well have thinned down Winston Churchill there.) You added a reference to where in the world someone was born, by which I assume you mean that a person such as Boris Johnson is a bit diluted when it comes to Britishness.

I don't give a toss about the fat lying philanderer although I believe he's a hero to some.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Anyone else on NSC with a non-British parent granted indefinite leave to remain many years ago starting to get uneasy like me?

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
None, unless you have just come back from Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria and been a very naughty boy.

I am not worried for myself, just my mum. Your faith in the home office is touching. However I have been reading about people who have been granted indefinite leave to remain, but have been unable to prove it and have had a nightmare dealing with the consequences. This is quite close to home for me.

http://new.lag.org.uk/media/186917/small_chasing_status.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here