Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Up to about 5 years ago, I was so proud of multi cultural Britain and the vast progress we have made, especially compared to so many other countries, still many problems but progress nevertheless, but we seem to be going backwards again, its all very depressing and its now coming from Government.
What with brexit being an immigration vote and now this and the anti semitism thing.
I have never understood racism* since I was a lad, how can you dislike someone just because they have a different colour skin, without even knowing them, makes no sense to me, in fact the height of ignorance.

* Except Australians, I don't like Australians very much.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

You are confusing the destruction of documents with re-writing the Immigration Act in 2014.

The facts about destroying documents have Tories and Labour blaming each other, with the corresponding Home secretaries denying any knowledge. It seems the UK Border Agency may be to blame but that is unclear at the moment.

It's like a hot potato which nobody wants and is getting chucked around.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
<snip>
I have never understood racism* <snip>

* Except Australians, I don't like Australians very much.

I know. It's they're massive cocks.

(Careless use of 'their' there could have been embarassing. :wozza:)

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems like Corbyn voted against the change then forgot, today, there had been a vote (under labour) that he (rebel) lost. Again. How idiotic is this man? Apologies if I have misinterpreted the news today....that's how it sounded to me....:shrug:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Youve missed out a fair bit,

Your mental health must be good and be of good character. Having a criminal record could be detrimental to your application, but each case is examined individually and the seriousness of the crime and when it was committed are taken into account. As always, officials will want to see proof that you can support yourself and your family...
https://www.justlanded.com/english/Japan/Japan-Guide/Visas-Permits/Japanese-citizenship

Its as I said, theyve set the bar so high it would disqualify 95% of new citizens to the UK.

British Citizenship has very similar conditions as it goes.

you're of good character, for example, you don't have a serious or recent criminal record, and you haven't tried to deceive the Home Office or been involved in immigration offences in the last 10 years.

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen

As usual you're generalizing and you're wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Up to about 5 years ago, I was so proud of multi cultural Britain and the vast progress we have made, especially compared to so many other countries, <snip>.

And ....carry on. This pissweasel clusterfelch has nothing to do with mainstream life. Increasing numbers of us are living decently. You have only got to look at this thread. I have blocked only 3 of the posters (about 5% of those posting; mind you they are responsible for at least 30% of the posts. The treachrous antihuman snides, that they all are). Don't let the b'stards grind you down. :thumbsup:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You are confusing the destruction of documents with re-writing the Immigration Act in 2014.

The facts about destroying documents have Tories and Labour blaming each other, with the corresponding Home secretaries denying any knowledge. It seems the UK Border Agency may be to blame but that is unclear at the moment.

It's like a hot potato which nobody wants and is getting chucked around.

Exactly. No one wants to own up to it. Which is why I asked the question.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Seems like Corbyn voted against the change then forgot, today, there had been a vote (under labour) that he (rebel) lost. Again. How idiotic is this man? Apologies if I have misinterpreted the news today....that's how it sounded to me....:shrug:

Another idiotic post but he can't read it as he has put me on ignore , but nobody knew that did they ???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

He didn't vote against the change as he was a teller
See Post #468

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There's a clip going around fassbook of a heated rant at Rudd in the commons

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes , but i have lived in a place other than a leafy country town and experienced all the things you list,. hence my outlook,and hence why i moved to a leafy country town , you , quite simply havent, yet you still presume to lecture people who have.

Your spot on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Thanks, so basically abstaining?

No he voted with the noes, he just counts and notes who voted no

Neither of these is strictly true. There are four tellers, two for yes and two for no. They are people who would vote for or against the motion (so they're not abstaining) but their vote doesn't count in the total of votes for or against the motion

Bit of explanation here
https://www.parliament.uk/site-information/glossary/tellers/

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I have a lot of different European friends here, they’re aghast at the state of Britain these days.

Mmmmmm a right-wing Anti-immigration party is now the official opposition party in Germany .... Austria, Poland, Hungary all have (real) anti-migrant governments, the far right are doing better than ever across Europe. Plus of course, the EU is fuelling this resurgence. Perhaps these 'friends' need to be looking a bit closer to home .. (assuming they're real that is).

Splendid effort crowbarring Brexit into this thread by the way!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
British Citizenship has very similar conditions as it goes.

you're of good character, for example, you don't have a serious or recent criminal record, and you haven't tried to deceive the Home Office or been involved in immigration offences in the last 10 years.

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen

As usual you're generalizing and you're wrong.

Are you being wilfully ignorant? Banning dual citizenship would exclude most of the new arrivals to the UK.

ETA.
Anyway your numbers dont add up. If immigration and citizenship was as easy as the UK how come Japan isn't being flooded with migrants? Your talking shit as usual.

Last edited:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Are you being wilfully ignorant? Banning dual citizenship would exclude most of the new arrivals to the UK.

ETA.
Anyway your numbers dont add up. If immigration and citizenship was as easy as the UK how come Japan isn't being flooded with migrants? Your talking shit as usual.

Citizenship is as easy, immigration is a bit more complicated......

https://www.juridique.jp/immigration.php

As for my own situation, I was on a Humanities visa for 5 years, then an Instructor visa for 5. Got a Permanent Resident visa last year which makes as close as you can get to being a Japanese citizen without handing in my soon to be useless British passport. Getting citizenship would be a piece of piss for me.

I'm enjoying watching you get schooled by people much more knowledgeable than you on this topic though....Your attempt to save face by implying that I might not be accepted on the grounds of poor mental health or a criminal record was particularly amusing.

:lolol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here