Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Life under the Tories: NHS in crisis due to chronic underfunding, the rise in food banks, a huge rise in child poverty, a huge rise in homelessness, rip off landlords, welfare cuts, cuts to cooperation tax meaning cooperations pay less tax than their employees, spectacularly missed economic targets, the longest fall in value of wages since records began, the austerity con, the most unaffordable homes ever, massive cuts to police, fire service and education.

Pray tell, how is Corbyn “far, far worse”?
He's a very dangerous Putin shill.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Legal migrants have been caught up in good legislation on illegal immigrants, its very unfortunate but the problem and situation is being addressed.Doubt she was alone in finding a civil servant saying that single document is sufficient and i find twitter is for idiots in these kind of circumstances.

Define the 'good legislation' in this instance. What part of this legislation is good if 50,000+ people face problems of the government's arbitrary making, threatening to send them to places they know little about? Most people would call that 'bad legislation'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't read the OP's posts as I have blocked him. He is, in my view, a tory troll. His trick is to write seemingly supportive threads in favour of labour, but containg flaws that are soon identified, with a view to undermining the cause he appears to be supporting.

Either that or he's a thick hypocrite.

Shame on you [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] for starting a poll that can so easily be unravelled. If my views were (and they are not) that these people are just guestworkers and neither they nor their kids have any rights, you will have simply added to my prejudice.

If you really are a labour supporter, do try not to be such a tit with your silly posts. You're beginning to make the Prancing Ninny (also blocked) appear balanced, and that's one hell of a coup.

This is the first post (and no poll)

Just when everybody thinks the Tories can't get any worse they do with treating the Windrush people with the threat of deportation , what an utterly morally repugnant government they are and what a nasty , racist piece of work Theresa May is as this lands right on her desk as home secretary.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...P=share_btn_tw

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
David Lammy's parents were part of the Windrush generation. Of course, he has a vested interest in being an opposition MP.

So what? The point was him saying "far-right rhetoric". I thought that was overblown and unhelpful......dont you?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Life under the Tories: NHS in crisis due to chronic underfunding, the rise in food banks, a huge rise in child poverty, a huge rise in homelessness, rip off landlords, welfare cuts, cuts to cooperation tax meaning cooperations pay less tax than their employees, spectacularly missed economic targets, the longest fall in value of wages since records began, the austerity con, the most unaffordable homes ever, massive cuts to police, fire service and education.

This thread is going way off track. It's about Commonwealth citizens (not just from the Caribbean countries) who came here via invitation to help rebuild the country after WW2 up to 1973.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So what? The point was him saying "far-right rhetoric". I thought that was overblown and unhelpful......dont you?

So what? Heaven help us. You are trying to belittle the person who is bringing attention to a wrong done to thousands of people.
Playing the man instead of the ball.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Because the Daily Mail says so.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Just when everybody thinks the Tories can't get any worse they do with treating the Windrush people with the threat of deportation , what an utterly morally repugnant government they are and what a nasty , racist piece of work Theresa May is as this lands right on her desk as home secretary.

Don't bother with him, he is a waste of space in some sort of tin foil hat conspiracy theory dream world

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Define the 'good legislation' in this instance. What part of this legislation is good if 50,000+ people face problems of the government's arbitrary making, threatening to send them to places they know little about? Most people would call that 'bad legislation'.

It was said earlier in the house that most had been able to provide documents to the Home Office clarifying their status, a few had not, and had not kept paperwork over the years. Where are you getting the figures that 50000+ fall into this latter category?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thanks. I am assuming that his subsequent posts contain the bits that others have seized on. And, no, I'm not inclined to read them all. I have seen enough of his past posts. If he is a genuine campaigner for labour, like JCFG is a genuine campaigner against labour, then he needs to seriously up his game. Anyway, I have seen nothing to assuage my suspicions his agenda is actually the same as JCFG's. Which is why they are both blocked.

Needless to say I appreciate your posts on this thread, and agree entirely with your pov.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So what? Heaven help us. You are trying to belittle the person who is bringing attention to a wrong done to thousands of people.
Playing the man instead of the ball.

What does that have anything to do with him saying "far-right rhetoric", far-right is the point not his parentage.
I am playing the man, why are you avoiding him saying "far-right"which is unhelpful and completely overblown.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I listened to his speech, which is why i heard him say "far-right rhetoric" which is completely effing ridiculous, which you are still ignoring.

I am not ignoring it, but cannot see why the words far-right rhetoric has got you into such a tizzy.

The definition of rhetoric

noun
the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the exploitation of figures of speech and other compositional techniques.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
This thread is going way off track. It's about Commonwealth citizens (not just from the Caribbean countries) who came here via invitation to help rebuild the country after WW2 up to 1973.

I know, and I apologise for going off topic. I just had a genuine question for another poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here