Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Whether or not he does get it, I'm pretty sure he'll be more informed than you are about Japan. Hanging out on 4chan doesn't count.

I dont go to 4chan, anything interesting there gets dumped into groups on FB or reddit or other sites by people who do stay on there all day. Its like filtering out all your crap posts to get to the good stuff, saves time and energy.

Oh and I am sure he is informed enough about Japan and his post was just an oppertunity to grandstand, like yours is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There is a lot of finger pointing and denials from both sides of the House, because both parties realise what an almighty awful mess this is, and people are suffering.

I'm not sure I believe the UK Border Agency would suddenly decide to destroy records for no reason.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I dont go to 4chan, anything interesting there gets dumped into groups on FB or reddit or other sites by people who do stay on there all day. Its like filtering out all your crap posts to get to the good stuff, saves time and energy.

The hours must just fly by.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
[tweet]986594434778361856[/tweet]

And the key question is WHO at the Border and Immigration Agency took that decision. Pin pointing the blame on a faceless organisation just continues to hid incompetence and corruption.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There is a lot of finger pointing and denials from both sides of the House, because both parties realise what an almighty awful mess this is, and people are suffering.

This is interesting: a full list of MPs who voted against the change of rules. There may be a lot of indignation from the Labour Party about this but their MPs did cock-all at the time (with the exception of the usual suspects)

NOES

Abbott, Ms Diane

Edwards, Jonathan

Lazarowicz, Mark

Leech, Mr John

Llwyd, rh Mr Elfyn

Lucas, Caroline

MacNeil, Mr Angus Brendan

Mactaggart, Fiona

McDonnell, John

Robertson, Angus

Skinner, Mr Dennis

Teather, Sarah

Ward, Mr David

Weir, Mr Mike

Whiteford, Dr Eilidh

Wishart, Pete

Tellers for the Noes:

Jeremy Corbyn

and

Hywel Williams

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You will be lucky, Japan doesn't dole out citizenship like confetti.

Not if he's been there over 5 years (and he says he's been there 11), can write in Katakana, doesn't want duel citizenship and can fill in forms. If he can do all that there's a 99.9% chance he'll be accepted.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not if he's been there over 5 years (and he says he's been there 11), can write in Katakana, doesn't want duel citizenship and can fill in forms. If he can do all that there's a 99.9% chance he'll be accepted.

But what would you, who has lived and worked there, and someone else who has lived there for 11 years, know eh?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Youve missed out a fair bit,

Your mental health must be good and be of good character. Having a criminal record could be detrimental to your application, but each case is examined individually and the seriousness of the crime and when it was committed are taken into account. As always, officials will want to see proof that you can support yourself and your family...
https://www.justlanded.com/english/Japan/Japan-Guide/Visas-Permits/Japanese-citizenship

Its as I said, theyve set the bar so high it would disqualify 95% of new citizens to the UK.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This story is so unacceptable. What has this country become, from inward looking anti foreigner Brexit from up to half the population to this. It wasn’t always like this, we became great by being outward focused, by being welcoming

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This story is so unacceptable. What has this country become, from inward looking anti foreigner Brexit from up to half the population to this. It wasn’t always like this, we became great by being outward focused, by being welcoming

Totally agree. From the outside it looks like a really grubby little nation these days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There is an outside chance that the decision to destroy these peoples landing cards was made in 2009 under the then Labour Administration........

own goal by Corbyen

Not exactly up on current affairs are you?

It wasn't a 'Labour' or 'Tory' decision. It was a civil service decision, taken without ministerial knowledge or approval.

Keep peddling...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here