Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Mostly legal and mostly pikey ways you have saved money

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A 'reverse pikey' thing i do, as it were, is to leave my day saver ticket at last bus stop I use- no longer needed, so anyone who comes along next can get a free ride or two..

Apparantly sharing tickers is frowned upon, but the driver can't check who paid for it, can they??

#randomactsofkindness #reversepikey #payitforward

Yeah I do that with my day savers, whilst getting off the bus there is always a queue of people to get on and I give mine to someone

When at university in Hatfield, there was a lovely little bin especially marked for 'used tickets'. As the vast majority of travellers from Hatfield were in the City for a day, this used ticket bin was generally full of all-day travelcards by around 6pm. Which meant loads of cheaper nights out in London for us.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Before any trip to the cinema with my son, visit Tesco and get their much cheaper pic-n-mix, drinks, etc than the vastly-inflated cinema prices. Saves a lot.

Then, get seats in the cheap seats nearest the posh seats and when the film is about to start move one row back to the posh, expensive seats (only really works if the cinema isn't that full obviously)

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Did you by any chance do this in Sainsbury’s west hove with some avocados and buy an iron in the process. Because if you did. I was there.

Sainsburys West Hove was one of the locations but the purchasing of an iron was never involved in any of the transactions. I'm sure avacados would have been purchased using this method as I wouldn't have let that opportunity pass me by. As it happens I bought six avacados today for £1. Bargain.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Taking a Kitkat into one of the lounges at the AMEX will save you 90p.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Times are tight for me and I find myself doing things I wouldnt normally do to save money, pretty pikey in fact . It's amazing how little you can live off when you need to

Here's mine, more tips welcome
100 coffee vouchers macdonalds. 20 quid from Ebay, clearly nicked by a member of staff
O'neills breakfast, 3.29. Add bottomless tea/coffee 1.25. So full English with 2 teas. Less than a fiver. Used the bottomless coffee to fill up my reusable starbucks cup, sit in Starbucks with it still hot and fresh and use their free wifi for a couple of hours. All under a fiver
Mate in Subway swipes my loyalty card on others purchases when I have lunch in there and abuse their free wifi

Anyone got any other tips? Mostly legal and totally cheapskate

Don`t go to O`neils . Buy bacon and egg and cook yourself. Buy a jar of coffee and milk.....In summary don`t go out for any prepared food or drink...DIY.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
In a previous job I had a company car and fuel card, I’d always carry a jerry can in the boot and when filling up the work car, fill the can too for my personal car.
Also used to use it for personal trips and fudge the mileage. I used it when moving back to the UK, over 1200km and €300 in tolls. Saved me a fortune. Drove back to my old job in France, dropped the car off at the office then flew home with hand luggage.

Used to have a company Toyota that drank oil (was brand new, too) and would get a litre of oil at a service station on the fuel card ever 1000km or so. It wasn't burning that much but someone else's was and we'd been told to get that much.

It's the same type as my own car takes. I'm pretty sure there's still about 5l in the shed and I changed to a Ford in 2012! (and left the job in 2013).

The Ford was a Transit Connect, used it to move house without paying for movers. I wasn't paying for the fuel so it was just my own time being wasted for me.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Here's one you might like courtesy of another site

So i just bought travel insurance. 1 day cover in the UK. Cost. £1.01 yes a quid and a penny

Meerkat movies and 2 for meals for a year!! Just tested it and will have to see what's on at the cinema tonight!!! Maybe grab 2 pizzas as well

Kerching!!!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I did my apprenticeship and worked at Sturtevant engineering in Moulsecoomb 88-94, I built my own vacuum cleaner from parts laying around in the R&D department. It's a 2HP semi industrial job, and I still have it in my workshop in perfect working order.

I've never used it for anything more sinister than dust extraction, it'd probably suck your plumbs out through your japseye!

Clean my car at work, using their hoover and washing facilities.
Print stuff off at work, no need for printer at home.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I never buy a ticket for on street parking in Brighton
I figure the occasional £35 fine is cheaper than lots of £6 pay and display tickets I have not bought.

I would assume you would finally get to an habitual offenders fine that would be much greater.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

So i just bought travel insurance. 1 day cover in the UK. Cost. £1.01 yes a quid and a penny

Meerkat movies and 2 for meals for a year!! Just tested it and will have to see what's on at the cinema tonight!!! Maybe grab 2 pizzas as well

Kerching!!!!

spelling! spelling!

It's cha-ching!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Purveying R Whites lemonade bottles from pub gardens then taking them to a pub for the 5p refund , forgive me father , i was young , i did not know what i didith , that and making my own fishing lures traces and Trout / Salmon fly at a fraction of the retail costing .

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Kerching!!!!
Oh it's compare the market if anyone wants the deal, Odeon's, pizza hut, Zizzi etc etc

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Purveying R Whites lemonade bottles from pub gardens then taking them to a pub for the 5p refund , forgive me father , i was young , i did not know what i didith , that and making my own fishing lures traces and Trout / Salmon fly at a fraction of the retail costing .

Used to borrow lead from local condemned roofs to make my own fishing weights. Mum wasn't happy I used her pots to boil the lead!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here