Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never abused the company hoover though
    What are you trying to suggest, I'm quite sensitive to such accusations
    Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.
    From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      When I was a kid (about 30 years ago!) I used to go round all the local phone boxes & stuff the cash return bit at the bottom with loo roll. Go back round them the following night & collect all the coins that had got stuck. Stuff & repeat!!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by WildWood View Post
      When I was a kid (about 30 years ago!) I used to go round all the local phone boxes & stuff the cash return bit at the bottom with loo roll. Go back round them the following night & collect all the coins that had got stuck. Stuff & repeat!!
      ^^^^^^
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by vegster View Post
      There is a Waitrose near where I work and I sometimes pop in for a paper and a sandwich, nothing sadder than the cheapskates scrounging coffee. I once was behind a man at the checkout who's only purchase was a can of Waitrose Savers Vegetable Soup..... 27 p I think it was, and he waved his card and asked for his coffee.
      Because of environmental concerns Waitrose are phasing out their takeaway coffee cups but they still want to provide their customers with free coffee so in order to do so they are asking customers to bring their own cups. I think you must have lost all sense of personal dignity if you are prepared to bring your own cup in order to get a free coffee. I'm not sure it sets a particularly good precedent in customer relations for a supermarket to be asking their customers to humiliate themselves in order to be granted that little reward. There is a bit of an unhealthy sado-masochistic undercurrent to the whole arrangement. All very venus in furs. Next they'll be asking their customers to turn up in a gimp mask and a straw.

0 Not allowed!
      Wrapping a 1p coin in a Rizla seems to work in a 20p vending machine.

Self reductions in TK Maxx was also always a winner.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
      Wrapping a 1p coin in a Rizla seems to work in a 20p vending machine.

Self reductions in TK Maxx was also always a winner.
      Good one if true, not sure it is though, coin mechs are pretty accurate bits of kit, that said mexican pesos (I cant remember what oin it was, it had a hole in the middle like a polo) used to work ib vending machines but I cant remember if they increased or decreased the value of the coin. Either way a good way to get rid of them

0 Not allowed!
      Used to put 10p coins in the pool tables in Spain.
      100 pesetas I think they used to be.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      Used to put 10p coins in the pool tables in Spain.
      100 pesetas I think they used to be.
      Aah pool table hacks. You could jam the coin mech in with another coin and wobble it about to get free games. Or 6 sponge tennis size balls worked at school!

0 Not allowed!
      Definitely pikey this one... As a teenager our family would always spend holidays in Devon, and I learnt a few tricks in the arcade. Electric lighters can give you free credits on some machines (mainly the crane grabbers). Older Simpsons fruit machines had a code programmed in by hitting the nudge / hold buttons in the right order which emptied the reserve cache (from memory it was 1,2,3,3,2,1,2,1,3).
      WE ARE BRIGHTON
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Years back there used to be an engineer code number that went straight to the Eircom (BT equivalent ex-govt owned telco in Ireland) dialup ISP, but for free. Worked great on landlines, but I used a new entrant mobile firm that just threw hard to handle numbers out to the local exchange to their HQ and charged you whatever they got charged. This was in the days before any form of mobile internet so I was using it for a 9600 modem connection. Dog slow but it was free.

Many months later I got a call on my mobile asking if I worked for Eircom and, if I did, could I please use my provided landline equipment in future as I was costing them rather a lot of money.