Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Gul View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Waitrose for a coffee (and newspaper if spending over a tenner)
    60p gets demi baguette and free coffee,

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      This was a great scam used by a mate of mine years ago, but might not work any more. If he was hungry, he'd find the number of the local Macdonalds and ring them up saying he had just bought a MaccyD meal but the person serving him had put the drink in the bag which had spilled and ruined it, so could he get a replacement? Normally he'd be put on to the manager who, keen on maintaining good customer service, would sort it. So my mate would just walk up to the counter, tell them his name, and a free meal would be waiting for him.
      We use to do this at Maccy D's, eat half a big Mac and fries, pull out a bit of hair and place inside the remaining Big Mac, instant free burger until they started making us open our burgers at the counter

0 Not allowed!
      Having a good moan to companies customer services by e=mail can get you all kinds of freebies eg £10 worth of Patak discount vouchers.

will be e-mailing Nescafe later for a good moan I wonder what that will get me.
      Sussex, Sussex not by the sea and actually nearer to Sevenoaks than the coast

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      60p gets demi baguette and free coffee,
      15p gingerbread man from the bakery counter
      2 - 0 and Arsenal are all over the place!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Arundel_Seagull View Post
      I still use a couple of little savers, but one I will divulge is now defunct. Back in the dial up era NTL offered a 5p per min internet service via an 0345 number. I managed to find a way to access the same gateway via a free 0800 number and got free Internet access for a good while until broadband came out. (so did a lot of those close to me)

* Not sure this was strictly legal
      I did the same kind of with a BT engineers charge card number 4564548870007 (I can still here the bleeps of dialling that number 27 years on. The number had a daily 30 quid limit on it which we used most days from a payphone at school phoning 0898 sex lines. On payphones as well if you finished your call before the coin had dropped, hold the follow on call button and punch it hard on the right hand side. Voila your 10p or 20p back in the day came straight back out. We didnt have a phone at home so to save money in payphones I knew all the numbers over the road and would arrange for mate to call me on one at x oçlock

The same payphones had a crisp packet stuck up where the coins dropped and were visited on a daily basis Oh and a Tekken3 arcade machine where I worked, took about 1-200 GBP per day. One day mysteriously whilst cleaning the machines in the morning, it was noted that the back had fallen off said machine and a tray had been played between the coin mechanism, and the bit at the bottom which collects the money, therefore catching the money. It still made a hefty profit where the money was distributed between whoever was scamming it

0 Not allowed!
      Definitely a bit naughty.

15+ years ago I'd find video games 'on sale' at one retailer in town, buy it, take all the stickers off and go to a different shop that sells it for a higher price.
      I'd say I'd lost the receipt, and depending who was serving me, I'd either get a cash refund or a voucher, both being more than the original price I bought the game for.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
      This was a great scam used by a mate of mine years ago, but might not work any more. If he was hungry, he'd find the number of the local Macdonalds and ring them up saying he had just bought a MaccyD meal but the person serving him had put the drink in the bag which had spilled and ruined it, so could he get a replacement? Normally he'd be put on to the manager who, keen on maintaining good customer service, would sort it. So my mate would just walk up to the counter, tell them his name, and a free meal would be waiting for him.
      Can confirm still works. Group of mates used to do this when we were at Uni after our sports matches every Wednesday. Eventually they started asking for a car and number plate to check it was legit and that we had been through the drive-thru. Suffice to say some of the staff there are not the brightest, and at one point were actually trawling through the systems to find a yellow Lamborghini Gallardo, number plate JS4V 1LE.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      In the days of vinyl LPs and C90 cassettes I'd regularly buy LPs from Virgin or HMV, take them home and record them onto cassette and then return the LP to the shop and get a refund using the receipt.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Clean my car at work, using their hoover and washing facilities.
      Print stuff off at work, no need for printer at home.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      perform sex acts on myself at work, using their hoover.
      Print stuff off at work, no need for printer at home.
      Printing stuff at work yes, I used to have my post put through the franking machine at work. Never abused the company hoover though, saves a tenner I suppose