Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by maffew View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If its to save money only that is quite cheapskate though if they needed charging doesnt count really

My cousin (this comes under the bordering criminal but definitely pikey section) always makes sure he takes when staying in a hotel/travelodge, and I dont mean towels or slippers, but light bulbs and the little cartons of single use UHT milk and brown suger sachets. Wetherspoons have a wealth of condiments and sachets up for grabs
    Charging an I pad fully costs around about 1/2 p in electricity. The phone even less. So probably saving myself about £1.50 in costs per year. So yes- cheapskate.
    "Unemployments rising in the Chigley end of town.
    And it's spreading like pneumonia.
    Doesn't look like going down"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

7 Not allowed!
      Ask the general public if they could lend you 50p to get a bus to the hospital to visit your dying mother.

On a good day you can earn up to £100
      Staring at the rude boys happypig's Avatar

16 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CorgiRegisteredFriend View Post
      I always charge my phone and i pad at work.
      A few years back I worked with a bloke, Mark, and one afternoon he said to the boss "I'm just off to get my hair cut".
      The boss said "In work time ??"
      Mark, "Yes, it grows in works time"
      Boss "It doesn't only grow in works time"
      Mark " I know, but I'm not having it all cut off"
      "Nibbled to death by an okapi..."

9 Not allowed!
      A fair few years back I discovered that if I deposited money into a bookie account it accrued purchase points on my Marriott Rewards credit card. It was with Bluesq.com which will give some an idea of how long ago it was,

I then repeatedly deposited and withdrew thousands of pounds every few days and racked up a load of points. I then converted these to Tesco Clubcard points which I then used to buy Virgin Holidays vouchers. A two-week all-inclusive holiday in Cuba was the ultimate result, and hadn't cost me a penny.

This loophole got closed by the introduction of a cash advance fee if depositing to bookies.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      A fair few years back I discovered that if I deposited money into a bookie account it accrued purchase points on my Marriott Rewards credit card. It was with Bluesq.com which will give some an idea of how long ago it was,

I then repeatedly deposited and withdrew thousands of pounds every few days and racked up a load of points. I then converted these to Tesco Clubcard points which I then used to buy Virgin Holidays vouchers. A two-week all-inclusive holiday in Cuba was the ultimate result, and hadn't cost me a penny.

This loophole got closed by the introduction of a cash advance fee if depositing to bookies.
      That's neither pikey nor cheapskate, thats smart

3 Not allowed!
      When I worked in an office where we had flexi time I would try to arrive early enough to clock in before having my early morning dump thus ensuring I would be earning while crapping .

0 Not allowed!
      I still use a couple of little savers, but one I will divulge is now defunct. Back in the dial up era NTL offered a 5p per min internet service via an 0345 number. I managed to find a way to access the same gateway via a free 0800 number and got free Internet access for a good while until broadband came out. (so did a lot of those close to me)

* Not sure this was strictly legal
      Last edited by bWize; 15-04-2018 at 19:56.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Gul View Post
      Waitrose for a coffee (and newspaper if spending over a tenner)
      There is a Waitrose near where I work and I sometimes pop in for a paper and a sandwich, nothing sadder than the cheapskates scrounging coffee. I once was behind a man at the checkout who's only purchase was a can of Waitrose Savers Vegetable Soup..... 27 p I think it was, and he waved his card and asked for his coffee.
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015
      Sussex, Sussex not by the sea and actually nearer to Sevenoaks than the coast

20 Not allowed!
      I hop everywhere and make sure that I do it on alternate legs each day. Doubles the life of my shoes.
      2 - 0 and Arsenal are all over the place!

0 Not allowed!
      This was a great scam used by a mate of mine years ago, but might not work any more. If he was hungry, he'd find the number of the local Macdonalds and ring them up saying he had just bought a MaccyD meal but the person serving him had put the drink in the bag which had spilled and ruined it, so could he get a replacement? Normally he'd be put on to the manager who, keen on maintaining good customer service, would sort it. So my mate would just walk up to the counter, tell them his name, and a free meal would be waiting for him.
      *JCL since 1976 - FA Cup final, replay and semi, two play-off finals, Hereford, three Championships, eight promotions, five relegations, four home stadiums*