Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What on earth has Hemed done to warrant that? Tell the press he wish he'd left the club?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Esp considering what Ulloa has bought with him to the squad. :facepalm:

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bruno should start. It would be a great lift to have him back and he is a better defender. Reads the game well which will help against the passing of Spurs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sign here if you wanna see this legend back for the remainder of season. He's a far better technical defender than greyhound and doesn't put Duffy under constant pressure. But more than anything he's a leader and we are severely lacking these types at the moment.

Please just leave out the wrestling from corners

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

And forearm smashes reminiscent of Wrestling on World of Sport back in the day!!!

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
The greyhound has had one bad game give him a chance.Bruno s good cover from the bench but just to slow to face spurs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This. WTF was this move all about?
So all our fans with no imagination would be happy.

They'll still be desperate for him to be signed in the summer, along with Dobbie, Harding, Hammond, Noone et al.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So all our fans with no imagination would be happy.

They'll still be desperate for him to be signed in the summer, along with Dobbie, Harding, Hammond, Noone et al.
We need Dunk to be sold this summer, to give us years of being able to suggest he gets singed back.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We need Dunk to be sold this summer, to give us years of being able to suggest he gets singed back.

Very true, although the President of The No Imagination Crew does have reservations about Dunk because he's susceptible to high balls into the box, despite the fact he hasn't be responsible for such a goal since last year.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I think despite what you may think about Zaha he is a extremely talented player ,and they did their homework on Schelotto and isolated him at least 6 times on saturday ,but it's not Schelotto's fault we lost , the whole team deserve a keystone cop defending extravaganza medal for all their goals , drop him don't drop him , not going to matter a jot if as a team we defend like that again .

If CH does bring Bruno back for Spurs then iv'e got no problem with that , but let's not slaughter young D'artagnan just yet , he has huge potential and this is his first season in apparently the best league in the world .

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I think despite what you may think about Zaha he is a extremely talented player ,and they did their homework on Schelotto and isolated him at least 6 times on saturday ,but it's not Schelotto's fault we lost , the whole team deserve a keystone cop defending extravaganza medal for all their goals , drop him don't drop him , not going to matter a jot if as a team we defend like that again .

If CH does bring Bruno back for Spurs then iv'e got no problem with that , but let's not slaughter young D'artagnan just yet , he has huge potential and this is his first season in apparently the best league in the world .

I kind of agree, but not only was Zaha put onto him, quite often Townsend was on that side as well making it two tricky pests to deal with. At Everton Schelotto had to deal with Bolasie who ran rings around him and I am sure Roy noted that. I think that in both games if we played as a back 5 with 3 CB's it would have given him a safety net.

Maybe Bruno suits a back 4 and Schelotto suits a back 5.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
symyjym Maybe Bruno suits a back 4 and Schelotto suits a back 5.[/QUOTE said:
I have been saying that for ages as I think that Goldson will give us extra defensive strength. The basic problem was not just Schelotto but more a case of Ch bein g out thought by Roy Hodgson.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Season too far for Bruno,and Saltor.Might as well bring back Inigo if you want to play defenders who are past it!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Don't think the greyhound as been "all that" for the past three games. Mind you, none of them have been really.

Saturday was the third successive game where we have gone out with no passion, no strategy, no ambition and no ****ing clue.

The key is that Bruno is a great leader of men and leadership is what we have lacked in the last 3 games. For his leadership qualities alone, I would have El Capitano back tomorrow night.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I kind of agree, but not only was Zaha put onto him, quite often Townsend was on that side as well making it two tricky pests to deal with. At Everton Schelotto had to deal with Bolasie who ran rings around him and I am sure Roy noted that. I think that in both games if we played as a back 5 with 3 CB's it would have given him a safety net.

Maybe Bruno suits a back 4 and Schelotto suits a back 5.

Their strategy was to overload their left side in the first half. Zaha, Townsend and Loftus-Cheek were out there for much of it. It's a pretty good strategy when you're not playing an orthodox centre forward. Zaha is getting all the attention, but Loftus-Cheek had a fantastic game. He's been highly rated for a long time, we really saw why on Saturday.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Their strategy was to overload their left side in the first half. Zaha, Townsend and Loftus-Cheek were out there for much of it. It's a pretty good strategy when you're not playing an orthodox centre forward. Zaha is getting all the attention, but Loftus-Cheek had a fantastic game. He's been highly rated for a long time, we really saw why on Saturday.

Yep they certainly terrorised Schelotto with the three of them. If there is any time that other teams use this tactic it would be at the start of the game so maybe we should be more prepared for it in our last few games. It didn't help with Izquierdo playing out of position either. Apart from the start we played quite a good game in the end so we showed some character.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yep they certainly terrorised Schelotto with the three of them. If there is any time that other teams use this tactic it would be at the start of the game so maybe we should be more prepared for it in our last few games. It didn't help with Izquierdo playing out of position either. Apart from the start we played quite a good game in the end so we showed some character.

Agreed. Neither Locadia nor Izquierdo helped defensively in that opening salvo. Izquierdo has really come on on that front -- his tracking back is diligent, and he's shown himself to be a good tackler -- but is far more comfortable with this when on the left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here