Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    OLED. Amazing blacks and picture definition. Even their 1080p sets are better than a lot of 4K led. OLED in 4K is stunning but they do come at a premium.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PeterOut View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Best advice is to walk into Richer Sounds, ideally when it is a bit quieter, and talk to one of their staff.
      They know TVs, they know the technology that is here and is round the corner.
      Oh, and their prices are very good.
      Then, most importantly, walk out and think about it for a few days, before going back to the same shop and placing your order.
      The only advice you need!

Most of their tv's have a six year guarantee INCLUDED

A story.....

I had a HD Samsung 55" which cost around £2000. After a lengthy period ( 5 years 11 months and 2 weeks ) it developed a vertical line about half an inch wide on the extreme left hand side.

I had to send a photo of the fault to Richer Sounds repair company. They remotely decided that the part needed was not available anymore and invited me to go into Richer Sounds ( London Road, Brighton ) to pick a new tv.

I walked in expecting to be guided towards the £500 sets due to the age of my set. NO! They gave me like for like. A 55" 4K Samsung (Quantum Dot) retail last September £2,400 + a brand new 6 year warranty. The tv also came with a 4K blu ray player and a couple of 4K discs! How lucky was I that my set went wrong just before the warranty expired!

Anyway, it just highlights that Richer Sounds is the place to go!
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      We purchased a new TV yesterday, it comes with a new eco setting, called Shearer.
      This replaces the old sleep mode
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by PeterOut View Post
      Best advice is to walk into Richer Sounds, ideally when it is a bit quieter, and talk to one of their staff.
      They know TVs, they know the technology that is here and is round the corner.
      Oh, and their prices are very good.
      Then, most importantly, walk out and think about it for a few days, before going back to the same shop and placing your order.
      thats excellent advise.
      i'd say dont buy the lastest tech, your paying large premium for being new. get Ultra HD 4k whatever for the next TV when they are common and better value. for size consider how close you'll be to get optimal over big, too big/close and you see the pixels or just dominate a room. curved screens arent too clever if you dont sit directly in front of them, they look great for that person but distort for everyone else.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I dunno. Last time I got a telly I was looking at one of these longingly knowing it was the stuff that millionaires could dream of in the 90s. Pride of place on the Dixons next to Argus on the High Street

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PHILIPS-F...gAAOSwIyNaxmk6

0 Not allowed!
      Wait for the World Cup which will drop prices all round
      "It all ended Hereford United 1, Brighton & Hove Albion 1. We've got dogs on the field, we've got Hereford fans coming across to attack the Brighton players, we've got riot police, we've got stewards, we've got everything here that football shouldn't have. The Brighton players have gone across to their fans, and Albion remain in the football league"

0 Not allowed!
      Alba, Binatone and Ronco are the best value. Quality picture and sound.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post

A story.....

I had a HD Samsung 55" which cost around £2000. After a lengthy period ( 5 years 11 months and 2 weeks ) it developed a vertical line about half an inch wide on the extreme left hand side.

I had to send a photo of the fault to Richer Sounds repair company. They remotely decided that the part needed was not available anymore and invited me to go into Richer Sounds ( London Road, Brighton ) to pick a new tv.

I walked in expecting to be guided towards the £500 sets due to the age of my set. NO! They gave me like for like. A 55" 4K Samsung (Quantum Dot) retail last September £2,400 + a brand new 6 year warranty. The tv also came with a 4K blu ray player and a couple of 4K discs! How lucky was I that my set went wrong just before the warranty expired!

That is freking awesome service. Richer sounds did similar with a Cambridge Audio Amp I bought back in the day, I assumed I had ****ed it up with my music, instant upgrade

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      Buy an LG 4K 52 inch. They have a remote like a Nintendo wii which is really easy to use. The quality is great. The prices good and the build quality better than Samsung imo.
      Thirded (or however many it is). Great value stuff, and the remote is ace.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post

A story.....

Agree 100% with this. I dont know if they still do this but a few years back, I took out their own 3 year warranty on a piece of kit and if you didnt claim within the 3 years, you got the cost of the warranty back, equivalent to free insurance.
      The beatings WILL continue until morale improves.