Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] New TV - advice needed

SeagullSarge

Jul 8, 2012
Unless you plan to sit no further back that 1.5x the screens diagonal dimension, you will not notice the uplift in resolution from UHD (4K). In addition HDR in domestic screens is a long way off from being any good so i would not worry too much about this. My advise, buy the best LED screen you can comfortably part cash with and do not be persuaded to part with more money by sales people on the high street!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Watched Dynasties with those cheeky chimps on player the other night on our fairly new LG 4K.......... LG 43 Inch 43UK6750PLD Smart Ultra HD TV with HDRby LG8.

Stunning picture about £379.00 I think.
Need more transmissions tho.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Watched Dynasties with those cheeky chimps on player the other night on our fairly new LG 4K.......... LG 43 Inch 43UK6750PLD Smart Ultra HD TV with HDRby LG8.

Stunning picture about £379.00 I think.
Need more transmissions tho.
Could you give us some more details on the TV though.

Last edited:

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
OLED all the way. Once you've tried them the difference is stunning.

I'd say the blacks are infinitely blacker and the colours are way more natural than a cheaper LCD - but the actual image quality and motion handling is about the same.

OLED is certainly an improvement, but a standard OLED against a good LCD isn't chalk and cheese (in my opinion)

This screen is a belter, by the way. Bang & Olufsen use the exact same one on their £9,000 BeoVision Eclipse...

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-an...Vrr_tCh1RMAKCEAYYBCABEgJXHPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Best quality TV is OLED, LG, Sony and Panasonic. 55 inch gives best value. But it is all about what you can afford. LG do SUHD Nano technogoly not as good as OLED but better than most others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This thread proves, that everybody has a different budget and different tastes. So although we can give advice, it's really an individual choice.

I've got my eye on the £19,000 Samsung 8K 85 inch tv :D

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
On the basis that my top limit is £400 and due to space screen can only be up to 43in, can anyone recommend any particular model?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here