Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duff's Distribution.

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
Watching the game on my mobile via dodgy stream, I couldn't help but notice how poor Duffy was passing forwards. Place were happy for him to have the ball.

Time to consider Goldson.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can we now definitely say we have found our scapegoat?

Who'd have guessed it was Damian Duff. :shrug:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
download.jpg

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

He has played poorly for weeks now. That doesn't make him a scapegoat. We have another very talented centre half on the bench and many of us would like to see him given a chance. Nothing wrong with that. Premier league survival is more important than worrying about Duffy being upset about being dropped, that's all part of the job.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He has played poorly for weeks now. That doesn't make him a scapegoat. We have another very talented centre half on the bench and many of us would like to see him given a chance. Nothing wrong with that. Premier league survival is more important than worrying about Duffy being upset about being dropped, that's all part of the job.
He seems to be getting it for not scoring goals and poor distribution.

With the exception of 1 piss poor back pass, Duffy has been plenty good enough at his actual job.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Duff's Distribution.

I asked in my local and they said no one distributes it over here. Probably still confined to the US.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He seems to be getting it for not scoring goals and poor distribution.

With the exception of 1 piss poor back pass, Duffy has been plenty good enough at his actual job.

It's all about opinions, but that doesn't make him a scapegoat. Many of us prefer certain players in certain positions. Bruno/Schelotto Bong/Suttner. It's nothing personal, I don't think anybody could question Duffy for effort.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Scapegoat for what ?

We are 7 points clear of the drop zone. The teams in the relegation zone are struggling to pick up any points at all and when we play well we can pick up points. We are not consistent but neither is any team down the bottom of the table.

There have been many poor performances but there have also been performances which have lit up the season. We are where we all anticipated we might be at this time in the season. Perhaps we are even above where many people thought we might be.

For me there are no scapegoats. I think it has been a productive season and this team has at LEAST one more BIG PERFORMANCE in it before the end of the season which will clinch safety. The lads have done great this year and I just feel that for the first year in the PL you can't really point fingers at anyone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Scapegoat for what ?
Seemingly not scoring a hat-full of goals or setting up a hat-full of goals from the edge of our penalty area.

RustyKent

Jun 2, 2014
Herne Bay
Nobody is a scapegoat in my eyes. I just felt we better passing forward than Duffy was able to provide.
He started the season well enough and I thought his passing had gone up a level. But the last few games it's not been at that level.
I feel Goldson would be better on the ball.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it has been a productive season and this team has at LEAST one more BIG PERFORMANCE in it before the end of the season which will clinch safety. The lads have done great this year and I just feel that for the first year in the PL you can't really point fingers at anyone.
I'm not sure this team has at LEAST one more BIG PERFORMANCE in it before the end of the season, but I do know for sure that this team needs at LEAST one more BIG PERFORMANCE before the end of the season!
(Or one dead lucky fluke win!)

ChazzyBHA

Dec 27, 2011
I'd give Goldson a run out now we are in the latter stages of the season... besides some of us think we are "safe" already, so what would be the harm in some squad rotation? Some players will want to prove themselves (such as Goldson) to try and win a place in the starting 11 for next season. Then you have players like Ulloa who will want to try and earn a contract...

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Don’t think there are any scape goats really. I don’t think Duffy has played poorly at all to be fair bar the dodgy backpass. Yesterday was more to the point in the 1st half we didn’t close them well enough especially in the middle of the park. What has caught up with us more than anything is options lacking especially in the middle of the park.
Goldson has everything to be a very good CB at this level and is likely worth a go at sometime soon see how he handles it for a few games. He has potential to be better than any defender we have in my opinion but that’s just me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here