Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I think Stoke will get something today - just pray it isn’t a win. If they lose then 3 games and 8 point gap looks decent! 3 games and 5 point gap doesn’t look so comfortable!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think Stoke will get something today - just pray it isn’t a win. If they lose then 3 games and 8 point gap looks decent! 3 games and 5 point gap doesn’t look so comfortable!
Matters not. Lose at Liverpool and they are sunk with goal difference.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Matters not. Lose at Liverpool and they are sunk with goal difference.
Er, win today, 3 games and 5 point gap, lose against Liverpool, and they have 2 games left (Palace and Swansea) with a 5 point gap. If they win those and we don't get more points, GD won't make a difference, they'd be above us.

A draw for them today will do us fine. They'd then need to win their last 3 games to pass us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Er, win today, 3 games and 5 point gap, lose against Liverpool, and they have 2 games left (Palace and Swansea) with a 5 point gap. If they win those and we don't get more points, GD won't make a difference, they'd be above us.

A draw for them today will do us fine. They'd then need to win their last 3 games to pass us.
True.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

The upside of that scenario is that it increases the likelihood of us finishing above Swansea

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Burnley were running on empty on Thursday night. It could have been 1-4 easily.

With home advantage, this should be a Stoke win. They've had a huge rest since the West Ham game.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I reckon at best Stoke might nick a draw. Their main guy looked a little peed off the other day, a little frustrated.

Capture.JPG

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
that's jinxed it, we are doomed!

Maybe - but looking at the same form table that I got that snippet from, I see that Stoke and Southampton have managed the grand total of 7 points between them in their last eight games. It'll take some turn round.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Slightly off topic....i'm thinking Southampton to win today..13/2 with betfair.....only thing holding me back is it may go to ET/PENS ...hmm

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At West Ham I thought they had some good players and played quite well for an hour.
Really? I though they were crap all game. I'm one of those nervous fans, constantly worried that the opposition will score at any moment. But in that game West Ham just seemed in control (although unable to score) and I wasn't worried about Stoke at all. Until Joe Hart gave them a goal.

I think that 72 hours extra rest will be telling today.
Yep, you could we be right. It's all about how well Burnley have recovered.

Obviously I'm praying for a Burnley win today.
Quite happy with a draw (obviously if Burnley are winning then it'll be a more relaxed afternoon). Draw or lose and Stoke need to win their last 3 to pass us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here