Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
38 points needed minimum

PS: If Watford do not get their point at home to Palace they will get it at home to Newcastle.

How is 38 the minimum points needed?

Do you really think Stoke and Southampton are going to get 37, and thats not even mentioning Huddersfield and Swansea.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
We should have been home and hosed by now but we have dropped the ball big time.

Lets hope there is enough left in the tank to make sure rather than rely on others. We could potentially implode with the fixtures we have and let in a hat full so definitely not a good place for us to be in at the moment

At the beginning of the season I would have been happy just to stay up but to potentially finish behind Huddersfield, Newcastle, West Ham, Swansea etc given where we were a month ago is disappointing and a worry.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
We should have been home and hosed by now but we have dropped the ball big time.

Lets hope there is enough left in the tank to make sure rather than rely on others. We could potentially implode with the fixtures we have and let in a hat full so definitely not a good place for us to be in at the moment

At the beginning of the season I would have been happy just to stay up but to potentially finish behind Huddersfield, Newcastle, West Ham, Swansea etc given where we were a month ago is disappointing and a worry.

Nonsense, the ultimate aim remains the same, 17th good, 18th, or lower, bad.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Nonsense, the ultimate aim remains the same, 17th good, 18th, or lower, bad.

Certainly not nonsense if you think 17th you will finish 19th etc, given the position we were in 17th would be poor and with a worrying lack of form carrying into next season and make it harder to attract better players.

Of course at the beginning of the season just staying up would have been great but when you are mid table with the possibility with some winnable fixtures to even push on and cement mid table or even lower top half 17th is not good.

Of course we could still finish higher up but we have given ourselves a much more difficult path and one in a poor run of form to get the job done.

larus

Certainly not nonsense if you think 17th you will finish 19th etc, given the position we were in 17th would be poor and with a worrying lack of form carrying into next season and make it harder to attract better players.

Of course at the beginning of the season just staying up would have been great but when you are mid table with the possibility with some winnable fixtures to even push on and cement mid table or even lower top half 17th is not good.

Of course we could still finish higher up but we have given ourselves a much more difficult path and one in a poor run of form to get the job done.

I’m sure the team have been aiming at 17th all season. I guess when we hit 10th, CH said to the team “Hang-on lads, we’re doing too well here. Let’s take our foot off the gas for a bit eh!”

I really don’t get this “aiming for 17th”. WTF? They’ve been playing to win (or not lose in some games I feel too), and either haven’t been good enough or have made mistakes, or other teams have played better. It happens.

Duffy didn’t mean to gift Huddersfield a goal.
Dunk didn’t mean to deflect the Young strike at Man U.
Murray didn’t mean to miss the penalty and the great chance (against Palace).
Izquierdo didn’t mean to miss the one-on-one.
Etc.

There’s a difference between us fans saying we’d be happy with 17th (and survival in our first season), and how the team approach the games. Just my opinion of course.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m sure the team have been aiming at 17th all season. I guess when we hit 10th, CH said to the team “Hang-on lads, we’re doing too well here. Let’s take our foot off the gas for a bit eh!”

I really don’t get this “aiming for 17th”. WTF? They’ve been playing to win (or not lose in some games I feel too), and either haven’t been good enough or have made mistakes, or other teams have played better. It happens.

Etc.

There’s a difference between us fans saying we’d be happy with 17th (and survival in our first season), and how the team approach the games. Just my opinion of course.

This.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

The idea that we won’t get any points from our remaining fixtures is something I haven’t even entertained. Yes, we’ve missed the opportunity in the previous 3 games, but that is not going to happen all the way until the end of the season.

We’ll put at least another 2 points on our total, if not more, putting Stoke and Soton 10 and 9 points behind respectively. Looking at their run rate, they will not close that gap.

Keep the faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Etc.

And we didn’t mean to hit the woodwork twice against 10 man Watford.

Ifs and buts etc.

It could have been so different.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surprised nobody blaming the two missed penalties by GM. We just have to approach the forthcoming games with the attitude that we are in this League and in the position in the league because that is what we deserve, it is up to us (the players) to consolidate our position.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I hope you are right. But we could put in 5 of our best performances of the season and come away with nothing from them.

I’m going to hide behind the sofa.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Whilst we MAY not need any more points, I would say we do need 2 or 3 more. Worrying times

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Sorry I didnt think to look at that but having done so now the only match against a fellow struggler is Stoke v Swansea. The statement that both will be safe is wrong as 12 points are available to either side which could overhaul us.

Aren't Southampton playing Swansea as well? (PS - yes they are).

Anyway, could all be over by tomorrow night after we beat Spurs....

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
One more point should do it. Surely we can get one point in five games? If we can’t we deserve to go down.

This. If we are relegated from this position it will be deserved - in some ways more bearable than losing out controversially or unluckily on the last day.
Anyway, I'm clinging on to the hope that somehow we'll pick up a point or two.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stoke : 7 points behind

Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Southampton : 7 points behind

Leicester A
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Swansea : 2 points behind

Man City A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Huddersfield : Behind on GD
Everton H
Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

Won’t bother with listing ours and Palace are safe.

If we assume that the big 6 win the games against us, then we should assume the same applies to the other teams at the bottom.

Therefore, Stoke need to win 3 of the other 4 games (they need 9 points due to GD).
Southampton need 7 points (I’ll assume they make up the 5 on GD), from 3 away games and 1 home.
Huddersfield could get 0 points from their remaining fixtures - same as us.

I just can’t see Stoke/Southampton closing the gap on us when I look at the fixtures.

Amended with Stoke score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here