Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
That’s a very mean spirited assessment.

His record since he arrived, is P13 W5 D5 L3. That’s a brilliant record from the state they were in. And he makes CAKES for the journos, which helps, too!

I give you Gus Poyet, Paul Clement, Paulo Di Canio Dick Advocat and many more who turned round an under achieving side but for the most part failed when they had to put their own team together in the following season.

The cakes probably help

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Stop worrying folks.

Our lads will seal safety for themselves. We are a half decent side when we put in a shift and play well and I fully expect something against Burnley or Man United. We will get nothing in the last two though.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Stop worrying folks.

Our lads will seal safety for themselves. We are a half decent side when we put in a shift and play well and I fully expect something against Burnley or Man United. We will get nothing in the last two though.

When was our last decent away performance, I seriously doubt picking anything up this weekend.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The albion are not on Stoke's pragmatic overhaul radar.

Their one realistic escape path is to beat Palace and Swansea in their last 2 games - and to finish above both Swansea and Southampton.
Correct - Stoke are simply not going to catch us, unless they get a miracle result at Liverpool. A draw there is a possibility (5/1) but Stoke are more than 10/1 to win on the exchanges, which is the only result that could make it a possibility. And that's just one game out of seven that they'd need to go the right way from their perspective in order to overhaul us - they'd then need to win two other games AND hope we lose all four of our remaining games.

As for the rest of it, I'm like everyone else poring over permutations, and there simply isn't one that says "even if we lose all our games then if team X beat Y then we're safe" - we just have to hope our team can take care of business. But on the other hand even if results go against us then it drops some other team in the shìt as much as us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Next Saturday looks the defining day in the race. For ourselves it is the most 'pointable' fixture left. All of Huddersfield, Palace and Bournemouth have winnable matches that would see them pull out of the reckoning altogether. Stoke could be gone (in terms of catching the Albion, at least). Southampton NEED to win, surely?

BHA 34 36
PAL 35 35
WHU 34 35
HUD 34 35
SWA 34 33
----------------
SOU 34 29
STO 35 29
WBA 35 25

LIV v STO
BUR v BHA
PAL v LEI
HUD v ETN
SOU v BOU
SWA v CHE
WHU v MCI

Stoke will lose that , Palace will beat Leicester , Hudds prob can get something . Swansea can't see them winning that although Chelsea can be awful some days , WHU cant see winning. Saints will win unfortunately.

fair chance gap to 3rd bottom could be down to 4 points.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For Stoke to go above they have only two scenarios.
- win all 3: Albion lose all 4
- win 2 , draw 1 : AND Albion lose all 4 by massive margins to make up -18 goal difference gap.
- Every other scenario - can’t catch us.
Like I said, 'Stoke are already a very long shot to go above us'.

You've made a slight error in your first scenario. If they win all 3, we don't have to lose all 4 for them to pass us, we have to lose at least 3, and win 0.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But that wasn't the scenario I put forward Triggaaar.
You said 'if Swansea lose to Chelsea and don't beat Bournemouth it is virtually all over and safe for us. Because their last two games are Stoke and Southampton so they some of them will be dropping points'.
That's wrong, it's not virtually all over if that happens, it's not much different to how things stand now. All Swansea would need to do to go above us (without us getting more points) is beat Stoke, and Stoke (almost certainly) won't be finishing above us anyway.
They could take points off of Southampton too, but that's the case even if they win one of their next two games.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You said 'if Swansea lose to Chelsea and don't beat Bournemouth it is virtually all over and safe for us. Because their last two games are Stoke and Southampton so they some of them will be dropping points'.
That's wrong, it's not virtually all over if that happens, it's not much different to how things stand now. All Swansea would need to do to go above us (without us getting more points) is beat Stoke, and Stoke (almost certainly) won't be finishing above us anyway.
They could take points off of Southampton too, but that's the case even if they win one of their next two games.

I know all that but what I was putting across was that the AMOUNT of different scenarios for us to go down drastically diminish

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I know all that but what I was putting across was that the AMOUNT of different scenarios for us to go down drastically diminish
How so?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Anyhow........I did say right from when last season ended we wouldn't go down this season

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The wisdom is never rely on a Smug Eddie team to ever help us...

But, for this one, a Bournemouth win confirms their mathematical safety, and surely they will want to get one over on the saints anyway.

Bournemouth supporting mate is simply drooling over this fixture. A Bournemouth win after scumhampton loosing the semi final and blowing leads in recent games would be a stake right through their hearts! Conversely a win could kick start their survival.
Mind you, mark Hughes body language in recent games is of a man who has given up any hope of staying up.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Because if Stoke and Burnley overhaul us they both need to beat Swansea to do so, which would leave below is unless they get p the points you mentioned, they then become the only scenarios. I concede there are still a few scenarios but not quite as many if Swansea get one point or less in their next two matches.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bournemouth supporting mate is simply drooling over this fixture. A Bournemouth win after scumhampton loosing the semi final and blowing leads in recent games would be a stake right through their hearts! Conversely a win could kick start their survival.
It really should be on tv.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Because if Stoke and Burnley overhaul us they both need to beat Swansea to do so, which would leave below is unless they get p the points you mentioned, they then become the only scenarios. I concede there are still a few scenarios but not quite as many if Swansea get one point or less in their next two matches.

Burnley ??

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looking at the last couple of pages, I am amazed there is little or no mention of Huddersfield. Fail to beat Everton and they have a very difficult job of getting another point to go above us. I know Everton are terrible away from home but more than capable of getting at least a point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here