Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Or win 2 draw 1 if they have better GD. Next week after they play Liverpool will see them unable to catch us.

3 wins for Stoke including a trip to Anfield is so improbable, they'll never overtake us.

Simply down to that 18th slot for us now.

We're in an enviable position, even if we finish with LLLL.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

Stoke have 3 tougher games than us. They have to play Liverpool next who will be looking not to make the same mistake as they did against WBA. Then they play 2 teams below us, both of them will be fighting for points. I can’t see Stoke catching us, Swansea v Stoke last game of the season could be the winner stays up or they could both go down. I think it’s between Southampton Stoke and Swansea

That was probably Stoke’s last chance. Just need Saints to stuff it up against B’muff and I think we can relax. I’d take 4th bottom obviously but hope we can tough out at least one more win

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In effect, the betting markets make it a 3 carthorse race between Hudd, Swansea and Stains for 18th.

Interesting that that's the case with Hudd .... as their owner, Wagner, fans and national media seem certain they're safe. Much loved due to the plucky minnows image.
Why the dislike for Huddersfield? They are a little like us in that they have a strong local following and fan as an owner. I like them.

*Unless of course, they stay up at our expense*

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, I was just thinking that. They've just been singing their song. Clearly even in a cup semi final, not that many 'want to be in that number'.

:lolol:

Without the pigs at through 'football family' at semis, clubs get 40,000. With the view of the vast upper tier showing near emptiness, have Stains taken 20,000?

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Am I right that we have never been in the bottom 3 all season, or is it just my wishful thinking?

Assuming we don't pick up any points from the 12 available, we are safe if:

- Southampton drop 6 points from their 12; and
- Stoke City drop any points from their 9.

UTA :)

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why the dislike for Huddersfield? They are a little like us in that they have a strong local following and fan as an owner. I like them.

*Unless of course, they stay up at our expense*

Don't hate them. I find them irritating when we meet them, because 3 times out of 4, Wagner does a job on Hughton. Being a bad sport I want Mooy, Pritchard, Ince etc to get smashed.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
3 wins for Stoke including a trip to Anfield is so improbable, they'll never overtake us.

Simply down to that 18th slot for us now.

We're in an enviable position, even if we finish with LLLL.

This. That result means we can't finish 19th in my mind(albeit not mathematically impossible).

Think we always knew it would always come down to the last spot.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here