Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Hopefully they will be more UP on Thursday as it is being played then

Puel against his former club too.
Think if we match their result v Leicester tonight, we are safe.

If Swansea only get a point from the next 3 especially, and we get a point from either spurs or burnley, then we will definitely be safe given Swansea’s last two games.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
You just cannot call it at this stage of the season. One team expected to be on the beach already pull out a performance of the season. I seem to remember an already relegated West Ham denying Ferguson a title against their all concurring side as Blackburn lost at Liverpool. Relegated QPR seconds away from denying Man City the title. So much pressure, so many different reasons for turning up or not turning up. You end up with results like West Brom beating ManUtd at Old Trafford.

We can all pour over the fixtures all we want, this fixture is easier than that, but football will always throw a spanner in the works.

Hopefully we are retaining enough belief that we will spring a surprise or two, I certainly believe that (and secretly would hedge a bet we already have enough).

What are you going to pour over them? :)

Yes - but even better I like the idea of an 'all concurring side'. It sounds like some sort of Monty Python sketch...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
- 8 points needed to finish above Southampton

- 5 points needed to finish above Stoke

- Keep goal difference advantage to finish above West Brom

larus

Stoke : 8 points behind

Burnley H
Liverpool A
Palace H
Swansea A

Southampton : 8 points behind

Leicester A
Bournemouth H
Everton A
Swansea A
Man City H

Swansea : 3 points behind

Man City A
Chelsea H
Bournemouth A
Southampton H
Stoke H

Huddersfield : 1 Behind plus worse GD by -12
Everton H
Man City A
Chelsea A
Arsenal H

Won’t bother with listing ours and Palace are safe.

If we assume that the big 6 win the games against us, then we should assume the same applies to the other teams at the bottom.

Therefore, Stoke need to win 3 of the other 4 games (they need 9 points due to GD).
Southampton need 8 points (I’ll assume they make up the 5 on GD), from 3 away games and 1 home.
Huddersfield could get 0 points from their remaining fixtures - same as us.

Now I really, really, really can’t see Stoke/Southampton closing the gap on us when I look at the fixtures. :lol:

Updated tonight

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Andy Carroll ' s equaliser + tonight's gutsy draw feels like a win. It's a 3 point swing that looked unlikely after Crouch' s late strike.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Andy Carroll ' s equaliser + tonight's gutsy draw feels like a win. It's a 3 point swing that looked unlikely after Crouch' s late strike.

Not only that, but returning to looking a bloody good side again where picking up another point or so really doesn’t look beyond us at all. We can go to Turf Moor with a spring in our step.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Not only that, but returning to looking a bloody good side again where picking up another point or so really doesn’t look beyond us at all. We can go to Turf Moor with a spring in our step.

Yes, I'm hoping that now the pressure on the Seagulls has been eased, they won't show the same intensity/scrapping at Turf Moor as they might have done (had they lost last night and Stoke won 24hrs earlier).

Maybe, depending on results between now and the 28th, Dyche and Hughton might "shake" on a 0-0 draw?:wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
With Stoke playing twice before we next kick a ball, by the time we kick off at Burnley both Stoke and West Brom could be **Teams that can't catch us**

:albion2:

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
- 8 points needed to finish above Southampton

- 5 points needed to finish above Stoke

- Keep goal difference advantage to finish above West Brom

We could be safe by 5pm on the 28th April

If Southampton lose away at Leicester & at home to Bournmouth - possible
&
If Stoke lose to just one of at home to Burnley or away at Liverpool - highly likely
&
We win at Burnely - possible...

It would be fitting if we could celebrate safety at home to Manchester United last game of the season at home.

Last edited:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Leicester v Soton is MASSIVE! Leicester win and that'll do it for us. Soton win and that nice 8 point gap going down to 5 will make my bum squeak.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And if one of Saints and Stoke aren't, Swansea in all likelihood will be.

And Huddersfield. If they don't beat Everton, even a draw will leave them below us on GD with 3 as tough a final set of fixtures as ours. Rather than just Saints and Stokes being able to escape, there are sides below us in more danger of taking their place than us.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
And Huddersfield. If they don't beat Everton, even a draw will leave them below us on GD with 3 as tough a final set of fixtures as ours. Rather than just Saints and Stokes being able to escape, there are sides below us in more danger of taking their place than us.
As stated many times before on these threads hudds have arsenal to play at home. Currently one of the easiest fixtures in the premier league calendar !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As stated many times before on these threads hudds have arsenal to play at home. Currently one of the easiest fixtures in the premier league calendar !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That's tailor made for another Arsenal f**k up. Hudd's energetic midfield with home crowd backing, versus on-the-beach / at-the-WC prima donna's scared of injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here