Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stoke, Southampton, Swansea & Huddersfield. Remaining Fixtures.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Going out on a limb here I reckon Locadia will be immense for us once CH has drilled him in how to be a first choice Albion player.

I'm looking forward to seeing him, Gross and Izquierdo start the season with a full, proper Albion pre-season training behind them. If we could get those three in tip-top shape and firing then we'll really be in business.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm looking forward to seeing him, Gross and Izquierdo start the season with a full, proper Albion pre-season training behind them. If we could get those three in tip-top shape and firing then we'll really be in business.

Blimey, Gross covered more than 13km against Spurs - how much fitter do you want him? :lolol:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Blimey, Gross covered more than 13km against Spurs - how much fitter do you want him? :lolol:

Always room for improvement :)

tenor.gif

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea

You realise we signed Gross last May right? He already had a full Albion pre-season training...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

He puts in the yards, but isn't the fastest off the blocks re sprints. The reason he cost us £3mill and not £13mill was because his lack of pace and it will be interesting to see what the Albion fitness team can do with him with a full pre-season.

I think he's a quality player, I'd just love to see him get even better because if we are ever to kick on into the promised land of top half of the table and cup semi-finals etc then he is probably the man to take us there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You realise we signed Gross last May right? He already had a full Albion pre-season training...

Indeed but I still think he wasn't up with the pace of the game even after that. Lots of natural ability but one of those where I think he'll get even better in his second season as he gets more comfortable with the pace of the game.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I seem to recall a similar stat to that when we went up to WBA and came back with nothing all the same.

But that simply isn't relevant to what's being discussed, which is amassing sufficient points to overtake us (involving several victories), and not our head-to-head against a side in poor form. Referring to your previous post, it might be possible that we go down, but it really isn't likely. See:

https://experimental361.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/2018-04-17-pl.png

Note this was produced on Tuesday, before our point against Spurs, and Saints' failure to secure a victory last night.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I agree. Can see him being first choice CF next season.

First choice when we only play one up front and he admitted he can't can't head the ball ?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Where do you see him fitting in ?
So far he hasn't impressed me. Far to early to write him off though. I would like us to bring in a new striker in the summer. That is a must. New central midfielder and winger. If Goldson goes out on loan then we need cover there.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So far he hasn't impressed me. Far to early to write him off though. I would like us to bring in a new striker in the summer. That is a must. New central midfielder and winger. If Goldson goes out on loan then we need cover there.

Agree...don’t think Murray or Ulloa will be good enough for next season. Need more pace......

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

That's the thing, it's hard to see where he can.. unless we change formation. I don't see him as our main focus with questionable hold-up play and (admitting) a lack of aerial threat.

He's an option to stretch teams and that's all at the moment.

I would expect us to bring in competition and hopefully future replacement for Murray/Ulloa/Hemed in the Summer. Then again our track record isn't great in this respect.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That's the thing, it's hard to see where he can.. unless we change formation. I don't see him as our main focus with questionable hold-up play and (admitting) a lack of aerial threat.

I would expect us to bring in competition and hopefully future replacement for Murray/Ulloa/Hemed in the Summer.

Yes. This.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I could see him in a 4-3-3, or maybe a 3-4-3.
Can't see CH playing either of those formations on a frequent basis though.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I would expect us to bring in competition and hopefully future replacement for Murray/Ulloa/Hemed in the Summer. Then again our track record isn't great in this respect.
I guess so...odd to spend that much on someone that doesn't quite fit our formation though. Maybe we're going back to 442 [emoji106][emoji23]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

I think Loco will be challenging for the sole striker upfront but we need another option with more pace - Muz will be fine as a squad player but really cant see him starting many if we bring in more competition - we'll unload Hemed and Baldock too free up some wages so for me we would have Loco, Muz and possibly another 2 strikers in

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I guess so...odd to spend that much on someone that doesn't quite fit our formation though. Maybe we're going back to 442 [emoji106][emoji23]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Nah, Chris is gonna go 3-5-2 :thumbsup:

Locadia is gonna be a BEAST next season (not necessarily in a 3-5-2 formation, that was me taking the p, obvs –hopefully)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think that to accomodate Locadia you have to play narrow on one side allowing him to tuck in closer to the main striker/roam across the width of the box more, and allowing the overlapping fullback (Schelotto?) to come forward - good if your fullback is a quality defender (Danny Rose/Ryan Bertrand etc) and can get up and down the pitch with equal effect. he isnt a winger and he isnt a target man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here