Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is beating Spurs at home that far fetched?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Southampton scored first (Spurs scored for them) and got a 1-1 draw at St. Mary's.

Keep possession (if we get the ball) could be the key, forcing Spurs to play at a low tempo at the start, retreat into a deep defence and not expend too much energy chasing shadows. Selective pressing in the second half and hopefully not giving away dangerous free kicks.

Spurs could rotate their squad and get complacent. They will really want second or third spot in the EPL to avoid the Champions League play-off match for fourth spot (unless the rules have changed?)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
If we don't believe we have a chance then we should not be in this league. Yes they are good but no team is unbeatable. So yes we could win if a number of factors go in our favour.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Early practice for Champions League football, end of the season is. I think our players are technically quite good on the ball, just inept at defending set pieces without the ball.

Difficult game, Spurs pressing style is inimical to the Albion style as our worst performances have been against, Spurs, Liverpool and Huddersfield. Our better performances have been against Man United and West Ham U who do not press as much, Man United by tactical policy and West Ham because they are not very good at it.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Ah, cool. Top four will be enough for CL. They'll still want to keep up that gap over Chelsea, though...

There is still a big advantage of finishing third - teams automatically qualify for the group stages of the CL. If a team finishes fourth, they have to play a two-legged qualifier.

Not sure what the situation is with seeding either. When Leicester won the league, they were top seeds in their CL group, so had a relatively easy group to qualify from.

Correction: teams that finish fourth from this season no longer have to play a qualifier. They automatically go into the group stage.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I honestly hope that we don’t start well. Absorb the early pressure. Be shit. Get to half time and then nick a 1-0 in the last mi.... oh **** conceded from a corner in the 44th minute. Plan B it is!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I honestly hope that we don’t start well. Absorb the early pressure. Be shit. Get to half time and then nick a 1-0 in the last mi.... oh **** conceded from a corner in the 44th minute. Plan B it is!

Not starting well does not seem to be a problem,the Albion will probably oblige on that front :smile:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

That'll will be Kane claiming a goal when it last hit Dunk.

Everything about the Spurs style, pressing game, fluid quick forwards points to a style that is inimical to the Albion's.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure about beating them, but it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility to get a point.
It would be so typical of Brighton.

The whingers could still write it off by moaning we hadn't done it at Selhurst Park.

Everyone's happy.

Ahem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here