Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is beating Spurs at home that far fetched?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We have always viewed these fixtures against top teams as unwinnable, but now we just have to.... after all , we did beat Arsenal this season didn't we?

Spurs are much better than Arsenal!

We can beat Spurs, but it very much depends on which Spurs turns up. We'd also need a huge slice of luck - which isn't coming our way lately.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Battle of the Goldstone, I was there and wow, that was some battle!
I'd take a point on Tuesday, but there will have to be a vast improvement in all departments if we are to do so.

Yes, I was 9 or 10, and my parents took four of us for my birthday treat.

As the battle raged in the North Stand, they were ensuring we were safe at the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes they will. £100m's spent on a squad that crushes the likes of Brighton every time. The facts of modern football life. Kane will score .... Brighton can't even stop shorter players scoring headers with ease.

Our cup final was Hudd. Now hoping for 2 others to flop.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Spurs are much better than Arsenal!

We can beat Spurs, but it very much depends on which Spurs turns up. We'd also need a huge slice of luck - which isn't coming our way lately.

Hopefully the one without Kane, Eriksen and Alli and with bad luck gods throughout their team ... even then I doubt we have a prayer

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Its the hope that kills you.......
Any of us who have watched the last four games know that the season has caught up with us mentally and physically. Most of the squad have put a real shift in, often in the face of intense pressure and its beginning to show. They can no longer cope with a constant barrage as Palace showed yesterday. Concentration strained in recent games, snapped and it didn't make good viewing. To their credit, they summon ed up a big effort in the second half but they are draining a near empty tank. CH has not rotated that much and some players are playing every minute of every high pressure game. We lack the quality to score in clusters and therefore the intensity is that much more.
Tottenham cannot afford to relax and give Chelsea a sniff of top four. They will be gunning for us and most of the big guns will start. You will see a difference in class on Tuesday and its just something we have to accept. We lack that little bit of edge and quality that sorts out the contenders from the also rans. They won't blow us away but they will beat us. Where are any more points coming from, I just don't know. We have lost momentum, post Arsenal and I can't see any of the remaining opposition allowing us to regain it. They will bully us out of games, despite our battling qualities.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The only way the Albion will get anything from the game is if Spurs rest all their first team squad, under 23's, and under 18's.

Fingers crossed BG wins a fans competition to play with his hero Gary Mabbutt at centre back, although I'm fairly sure they'll still have a yard of pace on Murray.

Playing BG out of position is definitely a help

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Any of us who have watched the last four games know that the season has caught up with us mentally and physically. Most of the squad have put a real shift in, often in the face of intense pressure and its beginning to show. They can no longer cope with a constant barrage as Palace showed yesterday. Concentration strained in recent games, snapped and it didn't make good viewing. To their credit, they summon ed up a big effort in the second half but they are draining a near empty tank. CH has not rotated that much and some players are playing every minute of every high pressure game. We lack the quality to score in clusters and therefore the intensity is that much more.
Tottenham cannot afford to relax and give Chelsea a sniff of top four. They will be gunning for us and most of the big guns will start. You will see a difference in class on Tuesday and its just something we have to accept. We lack that little bit of edge and quality that sorts out the contenders from the also rans. They won't blow us away but they will beat us. Where are any more points coming from, I just don't know. We have lost momentum, post Arsenal and I can't see any of the remaining opposition allowing us to regain it. They will bully us out of games, despite our battling qualities.

This. They seem w**kers with a bit of spite to their game, but Alli, Dembele, Sanchez, will over power, out pace and beat Brighton with their height.

Cue the lickers drooling over Eriksen & Co aftwerwards. Very expensively gathered.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Spurs are the second best away team in the league after city. They got beat yesterday and will certainly not be cruising

Positives ermmmm

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This. They seem w**kers with a bit of spite to their game, but Alli, Dembele, Sanchez, will over power, out pace and beat Brighton with the height.

Cue the lickers drooling over Eriksen & Co aftwerwards. Very expensively gathered.

and the Spurs fan.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sad but true. Don't have any great hopes for the Spurs game, but I still believe we'll pick up a shock point or three somewhere - just don't ask me to guess where! The fact that pretty much every player is running on empty is a worry though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many people thought we could beat Arsenal and we did. Footballs a funny old game

Many did, what with Arsenal being a shadow of the team that Spurs is.
The Albion going into the game from a long unbeaten run.
Arsenal having been beaten all round Europe.
The Albion squad being at full strength.

Quite how you can draw a comparison with this current shower of a team, who can't beat Huddersfield or one man palace, beggars belief.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Interesting use of the words 'top team'.

Arsenal are closer to relegation that the title and have only won 3 away games all season.

As borne out by the PL away table. Spuds 10 away wins already. Light years ahead of this awful Arsenal squad.

IMG_2535.PNG

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
This. They seem w**kers with a bit of spite to their game, but Alli, Dembele, Sanchez, will over power, out pace and beat Brighton with their height.

I really have no feelings for Spurs either way, but Eriksen is a very good footballer. I really hope he, and a few of the others, are rested against us before their Cup game next week.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
A hard-fought (or lucky) point is probably all we can hope for and for that to happen we'll have to (re-) learn some basic defending techniques such as marking, closing down, avoiding needless fouls and not giving the ball away when not under pressure. We're loose, aren't we?:sick:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here