Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match of the Day

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
God. I hate Palace. That creaky shed of a ground, the PA announcer tit, the ultra corner, the smell, the seats everything but especially Wilfried Zaha. I hate, loathe detest and despise that man.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Annoyed me the way the kept referring to "Muray's old club". Two spells with us, more appearance more goals

They are the bigger club and issues relating to them are more interesting to the average MOTD watcher. Personally I really like Palace and like to hear about their former players and how they are doing. :rolleyes:

:facepalm:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
All joking aside, what Shearer said about our defense was spot on.
Woy pulled a master stroke by not picking anyone up front.
Our defensive strenght is Dunk and Duffy, but they were both wandering around with nobody to pick up and looked as if they didnt know what to do.
I thought CH made a selection cock up with Locadia.
Playing him on the left, nullified Jose on the right 1st half, and both Solly or Knocky would have been better helping The Greyhound than Jose.
Also worried about Bong at set pieces, where was he for that short corner?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
They are the bigger club and issues relating to them are more interesting to the average MOTD watcher. Personally I really like Palace and like to hear about their former players and how they are doing. :rolleyes:

Yes. I'm sure we all enjoy hearing about palace and their doings.

I don't necessarily think that we have any particular entitlement yet to get big club billing in any game.

Palace are an established PL team struggling at the bottom of the table with an ex England manager and millionaire superstar players.

We're a championship team with some astute foreign signings who no one really knows about doing OK in our first PL season.

If you don't like that. Don't watch MOTD. The way we played in the first 20 mins I'm not surprised they didn't talk about us in glowing terms.

Game was over before we did our boots up.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
God. I hate Palace. That creaky shed of a ground, the PA announcer tit, the ultra corner, the smell, the seats everything but especially Wilfried Zaha. I hate, loathe detest and despise that man.

So you had a shit day then .

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
My god we are a precious lot. They were much the better side yesterday and Zaha was the best player on the pitch closely followed by Milivojevic so of course the focus will be on Palace.

We lost to the better side, did well to come back and only lose by 1 goal and could have come away with a lucky draw if Murray hadn’t had a melt down.

And Murray did play for them, that is a fact, so I can’t see the problem in saying he was a former Palace player?!

It’s only a month ago we were loving MOTD for praising us and Hughton after the Arsenal game so I really don’t think it is biased is it?! Fickle.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Clearly the better side towards the end of the first half and all the second.
We handed that win to the half wits, just pleased that we are on 35 and not further down.
We may have a difficult run in, but if Palace, at home, play so poorly after being 3-1 up and should have lost if we had taken our chances then they are far from safe.
Even Roy admitted they were lucky.
Huge mistake standing off their only decent player, old school man marking and kicking lumps out of Zaha would have done the trick, he is so precious he would have winged and dissapeared.
Got it mostly wrong today but still came back, still played better and should have won.
And Palace are happy with that, a win is a win as Huddersfield found out today but if we still think we could go down, then Palace certainly can.
Other teams won't defend like we did today against them or stand off Zaha.

You can't genuinely believe that you deserved to win that game, can you?
The fact that you were only 1 goal behind going into HT was a minor miracle, it could easily have been three or four and we were playing through you with ease. Only a couple of moments of horrid defending (and a clear foul from Dunk for the first goal) kept you in it at all!

Obviously you missed a couple of great chances at the end that could've easily found their way into the net, but that doesn't mean that you deserved anything when you were so convincingly outclassed in the first half.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Only a couple of moments of horrid defending (and a clear foul from Dunk for the first goal) kept you in it at all!

Take your blinkers off and see Sakho grabbing Dunk FIRST. So lucky that we didn’t get a penalty is what you mean

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Take your blinkers off and see Sakho grabbing Dunk FIRST. So lucky that we didn’t get a penalty is what you mean

Grabbing a shirt happens all the time though; it's against the rules but referees could award a penalty at pretty much every corner if they wanted to. A clear two-handed shove is quite different and you know it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Grabbing shirts happen all the time though; it's against the rules but referees could award a penalty at pretty much every corner if they wanted to. A clear two-handed shove is quite different and you know it.

Actually good common sense refereeing. Marriner acknowledged Sakho and kept an eye to ensure it didn’t happen again, and also turns a blind eye to some strong arming in return.

Anyway surely given his size Sakho shouldn’t be getting pushed off by Dunk ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
So you had a shit day then .

Clearly.

But there will be other days. It's honours even this season as far as I'm concerned.

There's a lot of great players in your team. They are in a false position in the table but I'm sure you'll get out of trouble.

Happy?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Actually good common sense refereeing. Marriner acknowledged Sakho and kept an eye to ensure it didn’t happen again, and also turns a blind eye to some strong arming in return.

Anyway surely given his size Sakho shouldn’t be getting pushed off by Dunk ?

Strong arming? It's a two handed shove? It's a clear foul all day long and Marriner has made a clear mistake.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You can't genuinely believe that you deserved to win that game, can you?
The fact that you were only 1 goal behind going into HT was a minor miracle, it could easily have been three or four and we were playing through you with ease. Only a couple of moments of horrid defending (and a clear foul from Dunk for the first goal) kept you in it at all!

Obviously you missed a couple of great chances at the end that could've easily found their way into the net, but that doesn't mean that you deserved anything when you were so convincingly outclassed in the first half.

It's pointless trying to discuss anything with you and your sort.
Thick as a plank and totally deluded, Palace fans and your (laughable) ultras are truly in a class of your own.
You deserve that crap hole of a ground, pigs love living in there own shit.
Now piss off.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
All joking aside, what Shearer said about our defense was spot on.
Woy pulled a master stroke by not picking anyone up front.
Our defensive strenght is Dunk and Duffy, but they were both wandering around with nobody to pick up and looked as if they didnt know what to do.
I thought CH made a selection cock up with Locadia.
Playing him on the left, nullified Jose on the right 1st half, and both Solly or Knocky would have been better helping The Greyhound than Jose.
Also worried about Bong at set pieces, where was he for that short corner?
Locadia, and Stephens were at fault for the goal that came from the corner - not Bong. He cannot be blamed for every goal we concede, or can he!!

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Locadia, and Stephens were at fault for the goal that came from the corner - not Bong. He cannot be blamed for every goal we concede, or can he!!

I didnt say I blamed Bong for the goal.
Locadia was the 1st man, he went out to the short corner pass but nobody came to cover the ball back to the corner taker. It should have been Stephens, but he was by the man near the 6 yard box, with someone else, not sure who, so he should of closed down the corner kick taker.
Just was wondering where Bong was?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Ryan shouldn't be exempt from some criticism. :shrug:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Strong arming? It's a two handed shove? It's a clear foul all day long and Marriner has made a clear mistake.

Just as is grabbing and holding onto a shirt. You are being unsurprisingly disingenuous on choosing which laws you wish to uphold

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It's honours even this season as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, as my brother pointed out yesterday, we have won this season on away goals. Before anyone says that the FA Cup game doesn't count, it certainly counted towards our bank balance. We made a £1,000,000 out of the United game alone. That's half a De Boer in Palace currency.

If yesterday is typical I can see why Palace have conceded so many late goals. Hodgson, like Hughton seems to like to retreat when in front. Given enough opportunities, the better teams will nearly always make the invited pressure count. Even we, one of the lowest scoring away teams in the league, should have done. Hodgson has proven his worth getting Palace out of the mire and he is probably more important than any single player to their immediate future. We would say similar about Chris, but both of them really do need to be occasionally willing to go for the throat when they have an advantage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here