Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Tottenham - big changes?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
For a PL player I can’t believe how poor Duffy is at attacking headers. First half of the season his main use on attacking corners was to block defenders (didn’t work), since then he’s got his head to a few but he’s the classic 50p head we all used to laugh about at school. Each time he mis times a header and skies the ball 10 yards over the bar he punches the ground as if to say “I always score these, what’s wrong”.

Not surprisingly he’s been sussed - a big immobile (at this level) lump who clever forwards can drag out of the middle, or indeed as identified on MOTD last night, give him no one to mark and he’ll be lost.

If we lose Dunk at the end of the season there’s a major rebuilding job to do at the back, with none of the remaining defenders looking comfortable. One year too many for Bruno, little game time for Goldson/BFG/Suttner, Schelotto not proven, and Bong, well the jury’s out (cant cross the ball).

Feeling slightly worried for the rest of the season because we are letting in so many bad goals.

Ps - Murray looks overworked and has lost his sharpness in the 6 yard box. Would Baldock’s energy help reduce his workload ?
Disappointingly Locadia and Leo have added very little.

Agree.

But can't blame Leo or Locadia. They haven't been given the time or the position.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone expecting sweeping changes still doesn’t “get” Chris Hughton. The position we are in is hardly ideal for doing it either.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bruno for Schelotto - that should have been the same at Palace as well.
Baldock for Kayal - Gross dropping back
Knockaert for Locadia.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes, although I've given what I'd do, I really don't see it happening.

True I’d bring Goldson in for Duffy but that won’t happen either.

I think we’ll spring at least one surprise before season’s end to maintain our Premier League status. Unlike quite a few I don’t think we’ll stay up without at least one more point, maybe three.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I think it's very unlikely we'll go the rest of the season without a result somewhere. Didn't we win 3-1 at Burnley a few years ago on the opening day of the season? I'd take that again!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
True I’d bring Goldson in for Duffy but that won’t happen either.

I think we’ll spring at least one surprise before season’s end to maintain our Premier League status. Unlike quite a few I don’t think we’ll stay up without at least one more point, maybe three.

Yes, I feel a bit despondent about it at the moment. Palace defensively are appalling, but the way we started yesterday was shocking......

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
It's Hughton so he will resort to 4411 and "solidify" the defence:
Ryan, Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bong, Knockaert (put on defensive shift), Kayal, Stephens, Jose (put on defensive shift), Gross, Murray
Subs: Krull, Schelotto, Goldson, Locadia, Baldock, Ulloa (but should be Hemed - the Ulloa of today is a far inferior player to Hemed)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ryan

Schelotto Duffy Dunk Bong

Knockart Gross Stevens March

Izquirdo
Locadia

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think it's very unlikely we'll go the rest of the season without a result somewhere. Didn't we win 3-1 at Burnley a few years ago on the opening day of the season? I'd take that again!

2012 and 2001 (I was at the latter - seems like yesterday)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's Hughton so he will resort to 4411 and "solidify" the defence:
Ryan, Bruno, Duffy, Dunk, Bong, Knockaert (put on defensive shift), Kayal, Stephens, Jose (put on defensive shift), Gross, Murray
Subs: Krull, Schelotto, Goldson, Locadia, Baldock, Ulloa (but should be Hemed - the Ulloa of today is a far inferior player to Hemed)
This, although I'm not sure I agree with you about Ulloa. Hughton doesn't go in for changes unless he is forced to (like Propper being suspended) - fair enough, he's doing a great job for us and I for one wouldn't want to change our manager.
But I wonder whether he should be thinking about something else that might be considered to force a change at the moment - the fact that a number of the players look exhausted now, mentally if not physically; they're running on empty! A tweak or two, maybe, but no chance of huge changes.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We have missed Knockaert for the last 3 games, I hope to see him return. Yesterday there were plenty of poor performance and Spurs should have enough to turn us over. What harm could changing the formation or replacing some of the players have

I think you'll find we've missed Knockaert pretty much all season. If he could play the last five games the way he played when he came on yesterday then I think we'd all take that right now.

As for changing the team against Spurs, why??? Hughton will play what he believes is his strongest team.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Why would you want locadia in? Today he was so bad hughton subbed him at half time. Don't know who scouted him but he shows zero effort but in his mind he thinks he's Messi. Way too lazy to track back and clearly not taking orders.

At present he looks like a panic buy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

He was poor yesterday. But I remember him playing really well against Coventry when he started as central striker. Maybe we should play him where he plays best rather than make him into a winger with lot's of defensive responsibility

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I know Hughton doesn't normally do 'knee-jerk' and tends to keep a settled team, but i just wonder with so many putting in a below par performance today, whether he might shake it up a bit. Personally I think a few could do with a few games on the bench after todays showing, so here's my team:

Ryan

Suttner
Duffy
Dunk
Bruno

Knockert
Stephens
Kayal
Izzy

Ulloa
Locadia

Subs:
Krul
Goldson
Schelotto
Bong
March
Gross
Murray

I'm going 4-4-2 because trying to shoehorn Locadia into the team whilst playing Ulloa or Murray as a target man isn't working. I also think Krul should get a chance based on the amount of goals we are conceding from set peices with Ryan in goal, but i know Hughton won't do that and i think it might be one change too many.

Don't really see you getting ''Manager of the Month' this month somehow

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the team will be:

Ryan
Schelotto....Duffy....Dunk....Bong
Knockhaert....Stephens....Kayal.....Izzyquierdo
Gross
Murray​

I cannot understand the criticism of Duffy for his defensive headers where he is far superior to Dunk although Dunk offers more offensively. What was our strength at the beginning of the season our defence, is what is letting us down recently. Everybody, supporters pundits etc were raving about the Duffy Dunk combination

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here