Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Tottenham - big changes?

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Bruno must play. El Capitan is much better and safer than Schelotto. I'd also take Suttner over Bong. Maybe giving Leo a start & Murray a rest but not Locadia. Gross & two wingers for me.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Krul
Goldson Duffy Dunk
Knockaert Kayal Bruno Stephens Izquierdo
Gross
Locadia

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Ryan

Schelotto
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Stephens
Kayal

Knockeart
Gross
Izquierdo

Murray

I'd go with that - at least it will leave bench options for the second half fightback

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
We could certainly do with a shake up. Our defence looks shaky and strikers out of form. Will we see it from the cautious, loyal Mr Hughton?
He is the professional who has got us this far so I bow to his judgment... but I can’t help wishing.......

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I’d like to see Suttner given a run.

Either way, I hope whichever team comes out switched on, focused and confident.

We need to stop the early collywobbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ryan

Schelotto---Duffy---Dunk---Bong

Knockaert---Stephens---Kayal---Izquierdo

Groß

Ulloa

Subs : Krul, Bruno, Suttner, Goldson, March, Murray, Locadia

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Ryan

Schelotto
Duffy
Dunk
Bong

Stephens
Kayal

Knockeart
Gross
Izquierdo

Murray

Same here. No change from Mr Predictable despite the following......
1) Murray looks like the season has caught up with him. Too slow in thought and reaction to convert three decent chances 2nd half Saturday and other decent chances spurned in recent games. First name on sheet.
2) Duffy. Sterling effort this season but just too many errors of late. Second name on sheet.
3) Schelotto. Poor at Everton, ordinary v Leics/Udders and awful v Palace. Certainly justifies another game.
4) Ryan ( harsh but...... )One bad game I know but it was a shocker. Pity we haven't got a decent PL keeper in reserve, just to come in and freshen things up. Keep him on his toes.
5) Bong. Defensively woeful but worth his place for his forward runs and complete inability to cross accurately. Pity we haven't got a decent LB in reserve.
6) Izquierdo. Scored a goal which made up for the succession of errors on Saturday. Namely...giving the ball away under no pressure, showing a first touch like Ayers Rock and completely failing to track back. Never mind, he scored, so well worth his place.

Tactically, I would take Gross off after about 65 minutes and then bring on Ulloa to partner Murray, so we would have 4 big target men to get on the end of crosses, corners and freekicks. It is imperative that you have Knockaert, March, Schelotto and Bong all playing for the last 25 minutes, to absolutely ensure that not a single ball finds its way onto the head of any of the big men.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1) Murray looks like the season has caught up with him. Too slow in thought and reaction to convert three decent chances 2nd half Saturday and other decent chances spurned in recent games. First name on sheet.
2) Duffy. Sterling effort this season but just too many errors of late. Second name on sheet.
3) Schelotto. Poor at Everton, ordinary v Leics/Udders and awful v Palace. Certainly justifies another game.
4) Ryan ( harsh but...... )One bad game I know but it was a shocker. Pity we haven't got a decent PL keeper in reserve, just to come in and freshen things up. Keep him on his toes.
5) Bong. Defensively woeful but worth his place for his forward runs and complete inability to cross accurately. Pity we haven't got a decent LB in reserve.
6) Izquierdo. Scored a goal which made up for the succession of errors on Saturday. Namely...giving the ball away under no pressure, showing a first touch like Ayers Rock and completely failing to track back. Never mind, he scored, so well worth his place.

Tactically, I would take Gross off after about 65 minutes and then bring on Ulloa to partner Murray, so we would have 4 big target men to get on the end of crosses, corners and freekicks. It is imperative that you have Knockaert, March, Schelotto and Bong all playing for the last 25 minutes, to absolutely ensure that not a single ball finds its way onto the head of any of the big men.

So pretty much a changed XI across the park for you then...:lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’d like to see Suttner given a run.

Either way, I hope whichever team comes out switched on, focused and confident.

We need to stop the early collywobbles.

Yep, not so much personnel but those starting need to be on it from the ko and not think they’ve got time to play themselves into the game.

I see a lot of people dropping Murray, but I’d be more worried if he wasn’t getting into positions to miss. I like Ulloa when he comes on but he doesn’t seem to sniff out scoring positions like Murray does, even though his build up play is probably better.

Lots of people prepared to gamble on Locadia, but just don’t see it in his performances so far.

Now’s not the time to start dropping players you have relied on all season. I’ve still got enough belief in our side that they’ll pull a result out of somewhere.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The only big changes we are likely to see will be in the Tottenham team imo

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It doesn't matter about our team - this is a nailed on three points for us. Why? Because Spurs are still in the FA Cup, and as everybody on NSC knows you cannot do well in the Cup without your League form suffering. It's as an immutable fact as the Law of Gravity. That's why we don't bother with the Cups, so that our league form doesn't suffer from the unwanted distraction. If we can't beat a team who are still in the FA Cup at this stage of the season, we don't deserve to stay up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yeah, because a bunch of Brighton fans upset that we lost to Palace, and looking over their shoulders at relegation are always going to be the best source of fair and balanced appraisals of the players responsible. Look here: http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?360652-Player-Ratings-Chelsea-(H) here are a some brighton fans (probably a few of the same ones) raving about him.

I'm not saying he has been great in the last two games (though I'm not sure he was noticeably worse than the rest of the team v Huddersfield, or that it is fair to put the blame for Duffy's poor performances on Schelotto - seems to be scapegoating to me), or that he shows the consistency we need to improve on our current position.

I'm saying swapping him out for Bruno isn't, for me, an easy decision. Bruno has played 20 league minutes since the middle of January. He won't be match sharp, is 37, was in the only side that lost to Alan Pardew's West Brom. Schelotto put in what many people in the link above described as a MOTM performance v chelsea, and then followed that up helping the team to a great February that won Hughton the manager of the month award, and won't be a guaranteed improvement.

Well, Hughton’s dropped Schelotto following his inability to defend in recent games. A sound move.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Dropping Jesus for our match against spurs is a BIG mistake.

What we don't have anywhere is Pace (excepting Knockhaert with his mad runs to nowhere)

That will bite us on the arse.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Dropping Jesus for our match against spurs is a BIG mistake.

What we don't have anywhere is Pace (excepting Knockhaert with his mad runs to nowhere)

That will bite us on the arse.

Izquierdo is lightning quick.

The problem is that Schelotto may well be exposed again and again, so it's no good having attacking intent, if you're on the back foot and conceding goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here