Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Tottenham - big changes?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I know Hughton doesn't normally do 'knee-jerk' and tends to keep a settled team, but i just wonder with so many putting in a below par performance today, whether he might shake it up a bit. Personally I think a few could do with a few games on the bench after todays showing, so here's my team:

Ryan

Suttner
Duffy
Dunk
Bruno

Knockert
Stephens
Kayal
Izzy

Ulloa
Locadia

Subs:
Krul
Goldson
Schelotto
Bong
March
Gross
Murray

I'm going 4-4-2 because trying to shoehorn Locadia into the team whilst playing Ulloa or Murray as a target man isn't working. I also think Krul should get a chance based on the amount of goals we are conceding from set peices with Ryan in goal, but i know Hughton won't do that and i think it might be one change too many.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Why would you want locadia in? Today he was so bad hughton subbed him at half time. Don't know who scouted him but he shows zero effort but in his mind he thinks he's Messi. Way too lazy to track back and clearly not taking orders.

At present he looks like a panic buy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Why would you want locadia in? Today he was so bad hughton subbed him at half time. Don't know who scouted him but he shows zero effort but in his mind he thinks he's Messi. Way too lazy to track back and clearly not taking orders.

Bit harsh I think, because he found himself playing out of position and more like a left midfielder due to the shape Palace played. He got subbed because CH had to do something to change our shape. JLo shouldn’t be judged until he’s had a few games in his natural position up front.

Last edited:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

My issue with him is that he keeps being played out wide, i think just to shoehorn him into the team. In our system that means he has to do an equal amount of defending as our wide players cover the full backs. He's a striker playing half the game as a defender, no wonder he looks naff.

I think he should get a few starts up front. Either on his own or as part of a pair in 442. The reason i suggest along side Ulloa is because Murray needs to sit out the next game.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I know Hughton doesn't normally do 'knee-jerk' and tends to keep a settled team, but i just wonder with so many putting in a below par performance today, whether he might shake it up a bit. Personally I think a few could do with a few games on the bench after todays showing, so here's my team:

Ryan

Suttner
Duffy
Dunk
Bruno

Knockert
Stephens
Kayal
Izzy

Ulloa
Locadia

Subs:
Krul
Goldson
Schelotto
Bong
March
Gross
Murray

I'm going 4-4-2 because trying to shoehorn Locadia into the team whilst playing Ulloa or Murray as a target man isn't working. I also think Krul should get a chance based on the amount of goals we are conceding from set peices with Ryan in goal, but i know Hughton won't do that and i think it might be one change too many.

I agree that some changes are needed to freshen things up. I think Muzza needs a rest and would like to see Locadia play up top to give us a bit more pace down the middle. I would also like to see Suttner and Goldson come in for Bong & Duffy. Suttner is a much better passer & crosser of the ball than Bong while Goldson would be a more mobile option to Duffy and probably more of a threat for us on corners !

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
My issue with him is that he keeps being played out wide, i think just to shoehorn him into the team. In our system that means he has to do an equal amount of defending as our wide players cover the full backs. He's a striker playing half the game as a defender, no wonder he looks naff.

I think he should get a few starts up front. Either on his own or as part of a pair in 442. The reason i suggest along side Ulloa is because Murray needs to sit out the next game.

giphy.gif

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Ryan

Suttner
Duffy
Dunk
Bruno

Knockert
Stephens
Kayal
Izzy

Ulloa
Locadia

Subs:
Krul
Goldson
Schelotto
Bong
March
Gross
Murray

Another one of your :fishing: threads.

Need to be more subtle, instead of selecting nonsense suggestions that would be annihilated.

matumaini

Feb 25, 2018
I agree that some changes are needed to freshen things up. I think Muzza needs a rest and would like to see Locadia play up top to give us a bit more pace down the middle. I would also like to see Suttner and Goldson come in for Bong & Duffy. Suttner is a much better passer & crosser of the ball than Bong while Goldson would be a more mobile option to Duffy and probably more of a threat for us on corners !
Never happen, so think up another team!

Sent from my G7-L01 using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Maybe we could start playing him as a central striker? Just a thought........

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
If you want to change anyone look no further than Duffy, solid for us all season up to the last couple of games but at the moment he's lost the plot, far too many errors creeping in, Goldson should nail this position on the form he's shown when he plays.

I think we could do with mixing it up a little. I would like to see us go back to a 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 formation. I think we have enough players to play out wide who can track back, so I think we should start with a back three of Dunk, Duffy and Goldson. I think Murray would benefit from playing alongside another striker like Baldock or Locadia. Behind the front two I would play Stephens, Proper (when he's back)/Kayal and Gross. That would give us extra cover defensively if needed, but strengthen the midfield, where we were overrun yesterday.

If we are going to stick with the current formation, then I would make some changes also.
Schelotto looks out of his depth. He makes bad passing decisions, and never looks comfortable on the ball. I would bring back Bruno.
Suttner is a better crosser of the ball than Bong, and we need more balls in the box.
I would play March on the left and Izzy on the right, and try and get them down to the by-line to put some balls in, or playing first time balls in behind the defence for a faster striker to run onto, rather than relying on Murray to keep holding the ball up.
We have been so reliant on Gross, but why not play him and Stephens in centre midfield, with Stephens playing the holding role. Then we could play with two genuine strikers.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Spurs (like Huddersfield and Liverpool) are a pressing team (although it did not show Spurs v Man City) we need players that are comfortable on the ball and technically proficient at keeping it. That means Bruno for me.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i have secured at least a point for us in this game by placing kane , alli and ericksen in my dream team .......the kiss of death i tell thee...!!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think some of the cup run squad should be given air time, Goldson, Ewe etc.
Duffy should watch videos of how to head a ball at the ground when in front of goal and Murray practice shots on goal from 4 feet away.
You never know we might pick up the odd point.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
To be honest, I’m far more interested in the team spurs put out with their semi coming up a few days later

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Bit harsh I think, because he found himself playing out of position and more like a left midfielder due to the shape Palace played. He got subbed because CH had to do something to change our shape. JLo shouldn’t be judged until he’s had a few games in his natural position up front.

He was fishing but actually it’s not harsh.
With a pre season behind him he may well be a decent player .
But He’s not up to the situation we are currently in.
We can’t have him learning on the job.
Knockaert has had a poor season but I would select him over locadia all day

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
We have missed Knockaert for the last 3 games, I hope to see him return. Yesterday there were plenty of poor performance and Spurs should have enough to turn us over. What harm could changing the formation or replacing some of the players have

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Duffy should watch videos of how to head a ball at the ground when in front of goal.

For a PL player I can’t believe how poor Duffy is at attacking headers. First half of the season his main use on attacking corners was to block defenders (didn’t work), since then he’s got his head to a few but he’s the classic 50p head we all used to laugh about at school. Each time he mis times a header and skies the ball 10 yards over the bar he punches the ground as if to say “I always score these, what’s wrong”.

Not surprisingly he’s been sussed - a big immobile (at this level) lump who clever forwards can drag out of the middle, or indeed as identified on MOTD last night, give him no one to mark and he’ll be lost.

If we lose Dunk at the end of the season there’s a major rebuilding job to do at the back, with none of the remaining defenders looking comfortable. One year too many for Bruno, little game time for Goldson/BFG/Suttner, Schelotto not proven, and Bong, well the jury’s out (cant cross the ball).

Feeling slightly worried for the rest of the season because we are letting in so many bad goals.

Ps - Murray looks overworked and has lost his sharpness in the 6 yard box. Would Baldock’s energy help reduce his workload ?
Disappointingly Locadia and Leo have added very little.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here