Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Still 7 points clear

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
After reading some of the posts on here it looks like we are down and there are going to be plenty of empty seats at The Amex in the next two games and tickets for the away games remaining won’t sell out

Enjoy the ride people it’s what makes football so exciting and unpredictable
It’s our first season and if we survive then that is an immense achievement,if not we go again next year with an extra 8 games to whinge and worry about plus it will be easier to get away tickets as all the JCL’s won’t bother going

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Overall record is all that matters. Focusing on away goals is cherry-picking nonsense. Do you think Burnley fans are ‘embarrased’ that they’ve scored the least home goals in the league (14 to our 22)
That would be 7th place Burnley you're talking about? Big difference: 7th verses hoping for others to cock up to keep us up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Swansea,palace and west ham will be safe....so the realistic ones to drop If saints or stoke hit form will clearly be us and Huddersfield.I do think one of these two will hit a bit of form and us or Huddersfield will drop at the death.

Town have a easier run in

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Perhaps slightly, but they still have to play Everton and Arsenal at home, and Man City and Chelsea away, so it's still pretty complicated for them. Their win yesterday was obviously vital. They have also played a game more than us.
Let's be frank Everton and arsenal are both abysmal away and have nothing to play for. Much easier than the games we have coming.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Town have a easier run in

Everton's their cup final. A result against an awful Fat Sam team, and lower budget are bloody staying up.

IMG_2536.PNG

Jammy f**kers.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
You mean like an absolute tonking? Set up to not lose is dangerous and today was a perfect example of that.

Really ? He finished the game yesterday with something like 3-4-3 with Duffy, Murray and Ulloa up front and March of all things as a wing back.
And started the game playing in the same formation and virtually the same players (Locadia aside) with which we've won every game this season including those 4-1, 3-0, 3-1 victories.
Yesterday was also the first time we've conceded more than 2 goals away from home all season. We lost but CH set up the team "not to lose" - how ?

[tweet]985239240253390848[/tweet]

He's not wrong.

..or you could argue that the bottom half are about the same standard...on their best any team in this division is capable of beating any other team ( except City ) who are having an off day. Therefore it just means the bottom half have more off days than the top half :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Everton's their cup final. A result against an awful Fat Sam team, and lower budget are bloody staying up.

View attachment 96070

Jammy f**kers.

That is a damn site easier than our run in, which potentially could not give up one point and smash our goalmdifference.

I am mr stating the bleeding obvious today.....but I still think we will scrape it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
You wont go down but you won’t get another point imo . Next season could be difficult and you just might get found out , your recruitment will have to go up a notch .As for us ,well, weve had a shit season and hopefully we’ll finish strongly and stay up .
It will be good to play you again next season but you’ve got to notch up your home atmosphere as it isn’t a patch on selhurst which was banging yesterday.

Funny how after 3 seasons and 6 premier league windows your lot are battling out at the bottom with newly promoted brighton and Huddersfield.

I think our recruitment has been and will be fine and will be considerably better than your one man team and £30m mercenary cart horse up front.

As for atmosphere give me the Amex over your embarrassing hooded teenage Poundland ultras, goal music and floodlight displays. If that is atmosphere you can keep it

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Funny how after 3 seasons and 6 premier league windows your lot are battling out at the bottom with newly promoted brighton and Huddersfield.

I think our recruitment has been and will be fine and will be considerably better than your one man team and £30m mercenary cart horse up front.

As for atmosphere give me the Amex over your embarrassing hooded teenage Poundland ultras, goal music and floodlight displays. If that is atmosphere you can keep it

This is their fifth season the in Premier League.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really ? He finished the game yesterday with something like 3-4-3 with Duffy, Murray and Ulloa up front and March of all things as a wing back.
And started the game playing in the same formation and virtually the same players (Locadia aside) with which we've won every game this season including those 4-1, 3-0, 3-1 victories.
Yesterday was also the first time we've conceded more than 2 goals away from home all season. We lost but CH set up the team "not to lose" - how ?

But was the 3-4-3 a reaction to losing the game, desparate for a goal?

A genuine question, as I wasn't there yesterday.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
you’ve got to notch up your home atmosphere

Your band of Tottenham Ultras killed the atmosphere at the Amex. It died, the moment the first rookie went off. Our end went into seething disbelief at the idiocy and your end stopped singing and started thinking about their own safety. Leave the kids at home next year and we'll have a good night out.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It took you a while-where have been?

We were chasing the game from the start, as the time of their first goal would indicate. Shortly followed by their second. There was no other option than to try and get a goal back. If we had started the game that way it might well have been a different result. Everybody around us were saying Palace wanted the game a lot more than we did at the start- nothing to do with how we lined up. That is what I mean about trying not to lose.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
It took you a while-where have been?

We were chasing the game from the start, as the time of their first goal would indicate. Shortly followed by their second. There was no other option than to try and get a goal back. If we had started the game that way it might well have been a different result. Everybody around us were saying Palace wanted the game a lot more than we did at the start- nothing to do with how we lined up. That is what I mean about trying not to lose.

Yep I know. I was there. We were chasing the game because of some very poor defending , we didn’t deal with Zaha and we let in 3 goals in 20 minutes or so.

How this becomes Hughton set the team up not to lose and this was our downfall though I’ve no idea. Sorry.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That would be 7th place Burnley you're talking about? Big difference: 7th verses hoping for others to cock up to keep us up.

No shit.

You miss the point completely.

The point is, that despite one specific cherry-picked stat (the lowest home goals scored in the entire league) they've had an excellent season - ergo, why would anyone focus on that one stat? You are judging them (rightly) on their overall performance.

Similarly with the Albion. Overall we are doing every bit as well as anyone predicted. Probably a shade better. So why look at one specific stat as a reason to slate the club?

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
That Steve McManaman comment is absolute nonsense. There is no correlation between the points needed to survive and the 'quality' of the league. He is just showing his ignorance.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I do hope we don't follow what happened to Norwich when they got relegated. They were deemed "safe" with what, 5 games to go even though they were not picking up many points but they had a horrendous last few games to go. They panicked and sacked Chris in the hope of getting a new manager bounce just to be sure they stayed.

That didn't happen though and they fell into the relegation places right at the end of the season if I recall.

I know we won't sack Chris which is the right thing to do as he'll be the perfect manager to bring us back up. However let's hope history doesn't repeat itself with us getting relegated at the last minute.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here