Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Still 7 points clear

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Anyone who said that this week was considered an Albion traitor.

But even 9 months ago, a final LLLLLL was quite possible. Most accepted that points needed to be in the bag by now.

CH has worked wonders to get the points we have. But now we're relying on others to fail.

And fail they will

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone who said that this week was considered an Albion traitor.

But even 9 months ago, a final LLLLLL was quite possible. Most accepted that points needed to be in the bag by now.

CH has worked wonders to get the points we have. But now we're relying on others to fail.
Making everything all rather hollow.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Think we may just be alright, but there is a hint of Déjà vu, unable to see the season out last year cost us the title, lets hope the last two home debacles don't come back and bite us on the arse.???

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
How can we not be absolutely chuffed to little bits with what we have achieved this season. I'm sure we will,stay up, saying we are relying on others failing surely that's what the whole season is always about for half the teams in the league.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not at all as far as I’m concerned. It was only ever about staying up this season. That said, any win from now on would be fantastic........day to remember etc.

Best hope we stay up then.
Starting the season in September and ending it the first weekend of March is all a bit shite.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm not feeling as confident. Saints have some winnable games left and they have at least been giving it a go. I can't see where the rest of our points will come from.

Thing is in those last couple of games saints will find something in their desperation and it may well make a difference to their results..
Problem we have is that while we will find a bit extra too, the quality of opposition is such that it may not make a big enough difference.
I hate to say it, but I think we are favourites to go down., with stoke and West Brom

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not at all as far as I’m concerned. It was only ever about staying up this season. That said, any win from now on would be fantastic........day to remember etc.

The win against Arsenal did that for me. I agree with the OP, we are safe.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Biggest result of the day for all the teams above the relegation zone was Southampton snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

If West Ham can beat Stoke at home on Monday, the 2nd of the 3 relegation spots will be pretty much decided.

Despite the good days for Huddersfield and Palace, they're still both below us.

1 win will be enough for our survival, perhaps just 2 points.

Heads up, Albion. We'll do this.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Southampton came very close to taking points from Arsenal and Chelsea.
On one hand that should be a worry, on the other, it must be hugely demoralising for them.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Am still not totally convinced, would rather not head into the last couple of games needing favours, but think we may.

Just tell me how we will need favours please ? Its still all in our hands, even if we had to win at Anfield to stay up. It would still be in our hands!!!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Southampton came very close to taking points from Arsenal and Chelsea.
On one hand that should be a worry, on the other, it must be hugely demoralising for them.

In both games they were the better team, but still lost both games.
They’ve also shipped 3 goals in each of their last 4 games, they appear to be trying hard to be relegated.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I've said for over a month that 35 points would be enough.

Why would Stoke and Southamption, who have averaged less than 0.9 points per game for the first 33 games, suddenly average 1.5 points per game for the last 5?

They are bad teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here